1.  I'm not exactly sure where people place the dividing line between acts 1 and 2.  I put it at becoming the Lord or Caed Nua and opening up more of the map, including Defiance Bay.  This would mean that you get the "Call to Court" messenger early in Act 2, from my perspective.  But whatever... A minor nit to pick.  ;)

2. I think that you can put it off as long as you like.  However, it appears, though I could be wrong, once you start the "Call to Court" "quest", there does appear (rightly or wrongly) a bit of pressure to move it along.  So if you want to delay it, it seems best not to initiate the "call to court" quest at all until you feel you're good to go.

1.  I'm not exactly sure where people place the dividing line between acts 1 and 2.  I put it at becoming the Lord or Caed Nua and opening up more of the map, including Defiance Bay.

I thought it was when you first enter Defiance Bay, because that's when a cutscene movie plays.

Just like a cutscene movie plays at the start of act 3... :)

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

1.  I'm not exactly sure where people place the dividing line between acts 1 and 2.  I put it at becoming the Lord or Caed Nua and opening up more of the map, including Defiance Bay.

I thought it was when you first enter Defiance Bay, because that's when a cutscene movie plays.

Just like a cutscene movie plays at the start of act 3... :)

I suppose that it's possible to look at it that way.  It just seems to me that taking Caed Nua and opening up the route to Defiance Bay and a big chunk of the rest of the map is an important, seminal moment in the story line as well.  Maybe it should have had a cut scene of its own?

• Like 1

So after I got White March Part 2, I got this quest. But I can't enter Defiance Bay. I went to Aedelwan Bridge and it all appears normal but I can't go inside. An Icon of "no entry" appears and I'm stuck outside. Is this a bug or something else?

So after I got White March Part 2, I got this quest. But I can't enter Defiance Bay. I went to Aedelwan Bridge and it all appears normal but I can't go inside. An Icon of "no entry" appears and I'm stuck outside. Is this a bug or something else?

Have you been to Twin Elms?

Nope not yet. Wanted to work on finish White March before heading that way.

I'm assuming you watched the Duke's assassination?

Because after that you ahve to visit Twin Elms once, to get back to Defiance Bay.