I have noticed some inconsistencies in weapon accuracy stat on character details page, is there a known bug associated with it? Or am I just simply missing something..........

Now my Paladin has Adventurer Weapons Proficiency talent which gives him +6 Acc with Estocs, and she is wielding that soulbound Estoc Greysleeper which gives +12 (superb acc) and the Paladin's total Acc score with Estoc is '111'

But when I wield Abydon's Hammer (soulbound warhammer) which gives +18 (Mythic Acc) her total Acc score becomes '117' even though I don't have Soldier Weapons Proficiency talent, which is the weapons category for war hammers.

So I lack the proficiency with war hammers which means I am missing +6 bonus from the proficiency talent for war hammers but I am getting additional 6 accuracy from Abydon's Hammer being a Mythic weapon (i.e. +18 Mythic instead of +12 Superb)................However, with Estocs, I have the +6 proficiency talent bonus but I am only getting +12 Superb from the Greysleeper.................so my total Acc should be same with both weapons i.e. '111'  but I am getting '117' with Abydon's Hammer and '111' with Greysleeper, so now I am wondering where am I getting these additional +6 points in my Acc with Abydon's Hammer even though I lack the proficiency talent with war hammers.......

I have noticed similar differences with other weapons on other characters........is there an additional mechanics here that I don't know about or is it some kind of bug?

Thanks

Edited by Brimsurfer

Soulbound weapons are universal. They get the accuracy as long as you have one of the profiencies. There are some bugs right now that can make this confusing, for example Steadfast doesn't get accuracy bonus from anything except Knight, but this is going to be fixed in the next patch I think.

Are you sure? And if its true then why is it so because this seems kind of dumb, whats the point then to spend a point in a specific weapon proficiency talent?

To help you with your secondary weapon or if you don't want to use a soulbound weapon at all, or before you get one.
  • Like 1

Are you sure? And if its true then why is it so because this seems kind of dumb, whats the point then to spend a point in a specific weapon proficiency talent?

To help you with your secondary weapon or if you don't want to use a soulbound weapon at all, or before you get one.

I dont understand, what do you mean? how does it help before I get one or with my secondary weapon? i think it just makes weapon proficiency talents useless......care to explain? thanks........

Also helps priests who would lose 10 accuracy from the deity weapon talent if soulbound weapons weren't universal and you would not be able to just respec for that either like for the weapon profiency.

What do you mean why wouldn't I be able to respec for that? And why would I wanna respec for it? I could just take one more proficiency talent related to diety weapon or soulbound weapon? It just seems like its a cheesy way to avoid spending points in weapon proficiency talents......

Edited by Brimsurfer

I dont understand, what do you mean? how does it help before I get one or with my secondary weapon? i think it just makes weapon proficiency talents useless......care to explain? thanks........

I wasn't talking about the soulbound mechanics, I was trying to explain why weapon proficiency talents can still be useful even with soulbound weapons available. Remember that the majority of weapons in the game aren't soulbound.
  • Like 1