So im a huge min-maxer and ive been trying to optimize my rogue as much as i can but i feel like my setup aint just optimal yet. So heres my gear:

Sabers: resolution and purgatory

Waist:looping rope

Hands:5 accuracy

Chest: gwisk glass that second chance is just way too good to pass and with durgan it has no recovery penalty

Cloak:4 perception cloak

Boots:4 dex boots

Head: helmet with might on kb and cc resists as passive

Rings: deflection and will/reflex/fortitude

So what do u think? Is there anything that isnt optimal? Ive dumped my int and i feel like i dont need it at al

You're giving away a bit dps: use Gauntlets of Swift Action instead of Gauntlets of Accuracy. Put durgan steel on your sabres. Use Outlander's Frenzy and Two Weapon Style. Put durgan steel on your robe. You will get:

1.25*1.15*1.15*1.15 + 0.2 =  2.1 attack speed mod instead of 1.

2 means zero recovery. So you even have a buffer of 0.1 - you are too fast. With Vulnerable Attack you will have 1.9 attack speed mod - close to zero recovery with 5 DR bypass.

Should give you tons of DPS because you're superfast. If you want to boost crit damage take Bloody Slaughter and as MC take the talents "Merciless Hand" and Dungeon Delver and put on Azalin's Helmet. Taht should give you a crit damage modifier of 1.5+0.5+0.3+0.3+0.1+0.1 = *2.8 (*3.3 against enemies with low endurance).

However - with dumped INT the frenzy will only last a short amount of time. That's not good. Maybe you want to pump survival instead and use Potions of Power or Potions of Alacrity. Those are both quite cheap to get.

If you decide to raise INT I also recommend Aspirant's Mark. Great cross class talent for a rogue. helps to crit even more - rogues high ACC makes it easy to hit with it.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

While those Glittering Gloves are quite nice - Gauntlets of Swift Action are still better when it comes to DPS. Dazing doesn't count for sneak attacks. If you flank - and also use the ability to distract while you flank - you're good.

Put the Glittering Gloves on a barb - dazing with carnage seems to be a good idea. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Gauntlets of Swift Action are still better when it comes to DPS.

I must stress this; when you pack many damage modifiers (as is definitely the case with Rogues), achieving 0 recovery is the ultimate DPS driver.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You're giving away a bit dps: use Gauntlets of Swift Action instead of Gauntlets of Accuracy. Put durgan steel on your sabres. Use Outlander's Frenzy and Two Weapon Style. Put durgan steel on your robe. You will get:

1.25*1.15*1.15*1.15 + 0.2 =  2.1 attack speed mod instead of 1.

2 means zero recovery. So you even have a buffer of 0.1 - you are too fast. With Vulnerable Attack you will have 1.9 attack speed mod - close to zero recovery with 5 DR bypass.

Should give you tons of DPS because you're superfast. If you want to boost crit damage take Bloody Slaughter and as MC take the talents "Merciless Hand" and Dungeon Delver and put on Azalin's Helmet. Taht should give you a crit damage modifier of 1.5+0.5+0.3+0.3+0.1+0.1 = *2.8 (*3.3 against enemies with low endurance).

However - with dumped INT the frenzy will only last a short amount of time. That's not good. Maybe you want to pump survival instead and use Potions of Power or Potions of Alacrity. Those are both quite cheap to get.

If you decide to raise INT I also recommend Aspirant's Mark. Great cross class talent for a rogue. helps to crit even more - rogues high ACC makes it easy to hit with it.

yeah i wasnt exactly sure if +5 acc or 15% atk spd would result in better dps. guess this settles that issue :biggrin: ive already enchanted my gear with the durgans steel and legendary enchants + i have dungeon delver and merciless hand. About the helm: i think that my rogue just NEEDS those resistances to not get dominated and what not that much. While 0.1 crit mod sounds awesome i think its just too low of an increase in dmg as it is additive bonus.

I havent really looked into the multiclass talents cos i was under the impression that they are pretty weak. I do have paladin multiclass aura just to get that sexy acc bonus to my party tho. But yeah should def look into the INT and think about the outlanders frenzy and mark.

You could always use the Helwax Mold to dupe Resolution, you miss out on the endurance gain but I doubt you're building your Rogue to take a lot of hits anyway.

thats true but i dont think ill graze that much in the first place so that 20% graze->hit isnt really that useful either

And its different if you have your rogue solo or in party. If solo, I would use:

Shod-in-faith boots

Rotfinger Gloves

And I prefer armor Wayfarers Hide from Russetwood cave over Gwisk Glass. Second chance is useless during solo...my opinion.

I have seperate save for my solo rogue and i am using the items u mentioned on it but in this thread im talking about a rogue with a party.

The Cloak of the Master Mystic can save your butt - and it works quite well with backstab, too.

but id lose out on 4 perception ;_; and i dont really like using backstab at all since im playing potd it doesnt really have that much of an impact one would hope ;(

Sure? Because it got buffed to +150% damage and with the cloak you can get invisible 2 times per encounter. Together with an opening attack from stealth and Shadowing Beyond and maybe a Nightshroud in the second weapon slot you could have a max of 6 backstabs in one encounter. And Backstab stacks with sneak attack and deathblows. Just saying. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What is recommended minimum of CoN and Res for melee rogue ( not MC ) in a party , i assume having highest perception dexterity and high might is the core then Spreading rest over INT and Con+Resolve , i do not want him to be pure glasscanon as those dont work in practice too well , i assume i will use some medium armors ( second chance maybe ) early untill i get something permanent

Edited by Blunderboss

There's no such thing as a recommemded minimum. Everybody will tell you something different. If you're not into Interrupts you don't need to max PER. 15 is sufficient. You don't need to max out DEX either if you plan to dual wield. Again: 15 is enough. I would not use a high MIG score because the usual melee mechanics rogue has enough other high DMG modifiers. MIG bonus would just be a tiny slice of that. So I tend to keep that at 10. INT depends on your taste. I like it to be high so that my afflictions last longer. But you can also go with low INT. But watch you will defense! A dominated rogue is no fun. RES I'd also go with 15 - because getting interrupted is really bad for a rogue and you're already squishy. The rest into CON and you'll have a good stat spread I guess. Reflex will be quite high in comparison to the other defenses.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

What about bittercut? It looks terrible at a glance but its damage type is slash/corrode which means ignoring a metric ton of DR and +20% damage from Spirit of Decay. No need to swap weapons ever either.

Edited by kvaak

Actually the average Corrode DR from creatures in the game isn't that much lower compared to other elemental DR. But yes, Bittercut gets a +20% damage bonus from Spirit of Decay, which is pretty good.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Actually the average Corrode DR from creatures in the game isn't that much lower compared to other elemental DR. But yes, Bittercut gets a +20% damage bonus from Spirit of Decay, which is pretty good.

Well, metric ton might be exaggerating a bit but it's essentially "free", weapon types with innate DR have some sort of drawbacks attached them. Stilettos at least should probably penetrate a % of DR in addition to a flat amount since their low base damage means you'll struggle to penetrate high DR anyway.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85203-302b-annihilation-doesnt-seem-to-be-working/

Assuming Resolution and Purgatory are bugged ( Annihilation doesnt work ) and wont be fixed in 3.02 and Bittercut is reserved for other character , what would be best weapons to use for rogue , stilettos? this effects damage quite a bit i guess

Unlabored blade + your choice of drawn in spring, or any "average" attack speed weapon with speed enchantment so you can get to 0 recovery. Edited by ottffsse