The formula is:

damage done = (base damage * ( 1 + modifier1 + modifier2 + . . . + modifierXXX)) - DR

So you have 20 base damage, +15% from might, +50% from crit, +50% from sneak attack, +30% from weapon enchantment, +10% fom buffs

and your enemy has 10DR. This would be:

damage done = (20 * ( 1 + 0.15 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.3 + 0.1) -10) = ( 20 * 2.55 ) - 10 = 51 - 10 = 41

If the targets DR is more then 80% of your damage before DR, you will do 20% of the damage before DR.

Is this formula correct?

The wiki itself said it is outdated

The game guide (also outdated) does not give any formula.

damage done = (base damage * ( 1 + modifier1 + modifier2 + . . . + modifierXXX)) - DR
+0.5 on crit
-0.5 on graze
Yes, that is correct.

If the targets DR is more then 80% of your damage before DR, you will do 20% of the damage before DR.

Not "before DR". DR can eat up to 80% from your damage, but not more. For example 30 damage hit against 28 DR, will deal 6 damage. It will be displayed in combat log with a MIN afix/note. Edited by MaxQuest

Your formula looks correct, except that minimum damage is calculated only if 80% would be eaten up by DR. In that situation, it is a simple 20% of total damage attempted and the DR number is not part of the equation at all. Because of that, more damage is always better; some kind of ultra low damage strategy will not yield any extra value. Also, base damage is much better than it seems since it is the only part multiplied; everything else is just linear addition.

Edited by Braven

Good point. Lashes have a different DR they are compared against, so It is not always a simple damage multiplication or addition. Non-25% percent lashes are either better or worse, because as I understand it, they are always compared to 25% of the DR of the lash damage type (even if the lash is not 25%).

For that reason, I was never impressed with turning wheel because most of the time enemy DR ate up 80% of it. Usually I would only float a couple wounds before using them, and it would sometimes not even show up due to being so small and rounding to zero. If I actually tried to hoard wounds, they just expired for very little benefit.

I have personally seen strange lash numbers I couldn't explain in the past, so who knows how buggy it is.

Edited by Braven