Looking for simple mod with walk toggle -- NOT IE Mod

Hey there!

Is there any simple mod for a walk toggle?

Until recently I was using IE Mod, but I am unable to get the current version of this mod to work; when trying to activate this mod in the new launcher, I always get a NullReferenceException error message and the game starts without the mod.

So, are there any alternatives to it if all I want is a walk toggle? :(

- Lythe

FdSm3p1.png

Thanks, but that's not the same as walking.

The IE Mod was providing a real walk toggle (eventhough it came with several dozen of options I'm completely uninterested in), that allows my characters to walk as NPCs do (immersion!); but apparently in the newest version it can only be installed through a weird launcher that keeps on crashing. So I'm looking for an alternative to get a walk toggle into the game (since the developers sadly didn't find it necessary to add or even patch it in). :(

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

[...] in the newest version it can only be installed through a weird launcher that keeps on crashing. [...]

There is no IE Mod for 3.0-> yet, and there's no word on whether there will be.

Which brings me back to my question: Is there an alternative mod that will add a walk toggle to the game?

FdSm3p1.png

Why don't you try in the mod section of the forum? It's not so much frequented since it was brought up so late, but maybe someone there can fix you up with the mod you want.

EDIT:

If you check it out

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81063-iemod-fork-new-modding-framework/?p=1780471

you see that there is a new IE mod on the nexus which apparently enables your desired walk toggle. If you can't get it to work, ask around in that thread.

Edited by Doppelschwert

Thanks, didn't really notice that section before and didn't see that thread.

EDIT:

Of course I'd still prefer a smaller mod that only adds a walk toggle instead of the IE Mod with its many, many options that I don't need. Preferably a mod that actually can be installed without issues and works.

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

How I usually do stuff I need in my game and noone is interested in:

Get mod that does what I want > dissecting it > ripping stuff I need and dump everything else > learning modding in the process.

Sadly I haven't used IE Mod, so I can't say if it's possible or not, but if it worked with prev. versions and have this feature, I'm sure there is a way to get this feature working separately and for 3.0+.

Hey there!

Is there any simple mod for a walk toggle?

Until recently I was using IE Mod, but I am unable to get the current version of this mod to work; when trying to activate this mod in the new launcher, I always get a NullReferenceException error message and the game starts without the mod.

So, are there any alternatives to it if all I want is a walk toggle? :(

- Lythe

I think the exception you're encountering is what will happen if you try to launch the game (through the PW launcher) without first updating the dll in the PW mods folder. The current working version of IE Mod by tjayharvey is using the 5.1.0 launcher (Jan 6, 2016), but you need to replace the IEMod.pw.dll... the update is posted on Nexus right below the main download... ver 5.2.0 Patch DLL (Feb 27, 2016).

Personally, I prefer simple pre-patched dlls to the launcher setup, but that's how it is temporarily. The walk mod works fine with 3.0, btw, once you set the hotkey. Everything else is off by default, so no bother really with unwanted features.

Imho the launcher is pretty great. Lets me switch between modded and unmodded real smooth and doesn't require moving or overwriting files. Snazzy.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus