"Glass Tsunami" - The Unbreakable Glass Cannon (preview fighter build)

I have two others questions :

1) Can you duplicate a cape like the +4 in perception ? (I don't remember the name)

2) With a Barbarian, rimcutter is better than purgatory+resolution ?

+33 % speed under frenzy + 20 % speed with rimcutters, and eventually +50 % speed with a potion of alacrity. +20 % two weapons, -20 % for vulnerable

^ potion of alacrity doesn't stack with Frenzy.

Boeroer--true that. I always take potions of alacrity for granted as I do, in fact, quaff them all the time ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So true! I though the same as I typed those lines. If there was a penalty for abusing the potion my characters would be suffering from it all the time except in combat, when they finally get their fix XD

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Even with Gauntlets of Swift Action and durgan refinement you will be at ~1.9 with Vuln. Attack and no armor. With two Rimecutters however you can reach 2.38 even without the gauntles - which leaves room for a durgan reinforced plate armor (or any other armor that has <= 38% penalty) and other gloves that do nice things. It turns you into a sturdy whirlwind of slash & freeze. wink.png

^ potion of alacrity doesn't stack with Frenzy.

Boeroer--true that. I always take potions of alacrity for granted as I do, in fact, quaff them all the time wink.png 

Ok, so, Rimcutters x2 is the best choice in all the case. thx.

Though rimecutters, in theory, have the crit multiplier for max damage, does it have other unique enchantments? Strike Hard targets two damage types (sometimes DR bypass, not worry about immunities), supports better lashes (freeze is not the best), and has dis-orienting enchantment, which also helps the other weapon (should you want a soul bound in the other hand) and increases accuracy. Also good for allies and/or summons. Not sure if disorienting means the enchantment limit removes legendary option.

I think the best combination is to use speed weapons for most encounters, but switch to second weapon slot with better weapons and drink a potion for really tough fights (like the Alpine Dragon). Maybe use soul bounds instead of sabers since there are no speed weapons in Ruffian weapon set. Or use two Drawn in Spring. Wounding is so powerful, has lots of accuracy, and even though base damage is lower, you can attack around 25% faster. Also, noble has lots of speed weapons for when you don't want to quaff potions.

Side note: I was happy to see that the Scars armor's two existing enchants only take up 1 enchantment point each . That means you can get it to Legendary and +2 stat enchant it. :)

Edited by Braven

One thing you can do if you don't want to keep getting supplies to always use Alacrity pots is to use Svef instead. It's not nearly as good, of course, only 15% not 50%, but it last 10 minutes, and easier to stock up on than potions.

Also, bummer about 0.5 crit mods not working. I thought I just kept getting really bad rolls for the crits. 3.02 can't get here soon enough. (Ideally at least a week before Seige of Dragonspear.)

All my team based on crits : p Its horrible for me and I am clearly handicape by that.

Obsidian, or, the makers of patchs who add ever new bugs.

Infinite : p

Kotor II has less bug. There is no tests before release ?

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Do other critical mods, like the faction bonus work? If so, I am glad I went with second skin.

A fighter can reach max speed with vulnerable attack, armored grace, swift gauntlets, and a potion and still wear plate and wield any two Durgan weapons, like double Drawn in Sping or Double Sabers.

A good non-potion, non-frenzy second weapon set, is to just use your choice of double speed weapons. Still can wear the same plate armor with no recovery.

This setup means no wasted talent/time using frenzy and no duration limits to worry about. Since you only use potions for boss fights, no need to scramble for potion supplies. If double Drawn in Spring are used, "noble" speed weapons would compliment nicely for set two and provide pierce damage option.

Edited by Braven

I think they do, but I haven't really tested; I always go with Second Skin anyway.

Anyone know if Intelligence is still bad with wounding weapons? It used to work much better with 3 Int then 18 and the damage calculation was extremely buggy.

Even if it is no longer worse, total-damage wise, if it takes longer to actually deal the damage because of intelligence, it could be bad for that reason.

Edited by Braven

I got the soul bound dagger fully unlocked now. The firebug damage is quite nice. Seems to proc most battles. I also unlocked the shield for fun. Never notice it ever proc, though.

Do you actually need 0 recovery to have no recovery bar? The dagger and a speed weapon results in no recovery, even with no gauntlets of swift action, plate armor, no frenzy or other globals, and vulnerable attack on. My dex is 18. The math would suggest I am still quite a ways off from zero recovery.

Even if it is not technically zero recovery, as long as I see no bar, I am happy.

Edited by Braven

I was actually having a hard time extending duration with spelltongue, even with max attack speed and two of them. Maybe it depends on enemy type or if they have buffs? I think they might have changed how it works in 3.0. It helps some, but it is certainly not infinite like it used to be. Maybe a barbarian would have better luck. I also noticed that it would sometimes keep extending duration between battles until I saved and reloaded. I guess more bugs. In the end, it was just too buggy for my taste.

I changed weapons in WM2 to the new soulbound dagger (the firebug is really powerful when it procs) and the rapier with speed and DR-bypass in my offhand. Somehow that combination resulted in no recovery bar despite plate armor, vulnerable attack, and cautious attack (I retrained just to see if cautious attack would harm speed at all; it did not as far as I could tell) and I had no buffs either (frenzy, etc). How that math works makes no sense to me, so maybe something about it is bugged. Another bug I noticed is that whenever triggered immunity expired, I would regain all my health to full. Also I noticed a DoT (damage over time) spell would trigger my Triggered Immunity based on the overall damage. It also completely blocks the damage that triggers it, effectively nullifying the spell completely.

Early on, the Prone from knockdown worked well to reduce damage and constant recovery kept my endurance up without issue. The high INT means long prone durations and constant recovery. Barrage at level 4 provides makes long durations more reliable by adding +20 accuracy for the knock downs accuracy. Knockdown is also a full attack with +20%, which is quite damaging early on before you get stacking speed boosts for your weapons.

I recommend rapid recovery for the first talent. It is much better than it used to be. Very early (like level 2) you can pick up an amulet of +25% healing multiplier. You will have no problem keeping up with damage with all the endurance regeneration combined with a high might and resting bonus adding another 20% multiplier. Also, even with bad resolve, you still have an okay deflection thanks to fighters starting with a whopping 30 now.

Only thing to watch out for is the stunning mushrooms and phantoms. Your low con means stun lock is very possible. I suggest avoiding or sniping them with ranged weapons in ACT 1, or try to get the figurine ASAP to tank them.

Edited by Braven

Been trying out this build as I've always loved Fighters but like to try builds that are not quite so straight forward. One outstanding thing about this is how incredibly quickly it gears up and becomes powerful. I thought early game would be a problem with 3 con and 4 res but it really isn't.

Just started doing all the Defiance Bay quests and hit level 5. Rocking Sword of Daenysis and March Steel Dagger both with lashes attached. Got Hermits Cap and All-Consuming Rage bracers for some nice key stat bumps and enchanted some plate to Fine. Guy is an unkillable beast with only 59 endurance(I think.) Looking forward to starting to crit a bunch at level 6. That is when I'll get my Weapon Focus. With the nature high ACC, Disciplined Barrage, Zealous charge from Pallegina and the natural +5 on rapiers and daggers......very high ACC for level 5. Knockdown is basically guaranteed hit at least. Verrryyy short recovery already also, especially since I'm in plate and have -50%.

Forgot to mention Fulvano's Amulet. Make a bee-line for this ASAP.

Edited by Mocker22

Yep, getting Fulvano's amulet is a big boost early. I noticed that Fulvano's gloves located at the very start of ACT1 on that cliff are much better now. I think they give +2 DEX.

Great talents early are rapid recovery, vulnerable attack, two weapon fighting, and noble focus. I also found I liked the bonus knockdown talent a lot since it is so good with high INT and accuracy. I forgot to put it in the build, but I highly recommend getting it at some point.

"Wound binding" is good if you find yourself running into health issues because of the low Con, or just want to rest less.

I'm glad you are enjoying the character concept :).

Edited by Braven

I like the belt. But losing that 25% heal multiplier from bountiful healing would reduce the regeneration. Maybe if the hide armor with healing multiplier is worn instead, but then DR is a lot worse. Maybe it works with some weapon speed configurations. Not sure.

I have noticed that the scars armor suppresses the mourning glove's endurance per kill and the executioner's hood endurance per kill.

Edited by Braven

Braven—Check out your PMs ;)