Critical glitch in Whitestone Hollow preventing story progress

PostModernPrimate

Question

This problem first occurred upon traveling to Whitestone Hollow and has persisted, preventing me from completing quests. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this:

After travelling to Whitestone Hollow the first time, I continue to get a pop up message after every load screen telling me that the Steward of Caed Nua has a letter for me. I've returned to the keep and no such letter exists. 

The larger problem, however, is that I cannot interact with any of the non-combat NPCs in Whitestone Hollow. I still get the talk icon, but when I click on the NPC my character simply walks over and stands next to them. This glitch doesn't seem to be affecting any other locations that I have visited. I attempted reloading to an earlier save game, but the problem persists regardless of party configuration. To make matters worse, I have accidentally saved over the before glitch save game. 

Not sure how to get this resolved. Anyone else having this problem?

3 answers to this question

Hey PostModernPrimate,

If you have the GOG Galaxy Client, then yes, you can use verify/repair to correct this. However, if you used the GOG website, you will have to uninstall the game and redownload the 3.01 installers. It sounds like you might have installed versions that weren't compatible with each other.

Thanks!