Random crashes on loading screen.

Thommas

Question

Hey there. 

I had this game for about half a year now. Every now and then, the game crashed on a loading screen. It either shows a crash report or the windows "stopped working" message. Somethimes I can play for hours, but today it just keeps crashing 90% of the time. So i decided to show up here for assistance. In the 6 months I owned the game, I have a reinstalled windows 2-3 times. Hasnt done one single difference.

I  have attached my specs and the latest crash report. I already tried to validate the game cashe files, but every time i does- This message pops up at the end: 

1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired   and the crashing keeps going on.

By the way, my graphic drivers are up to date. And the crashed has been there forever and ever, punching me in the face.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

10 answers to this question

Go to where you game is installed. I will most likely be in your Steam folder on the drive you installed it on. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Your save files are stored in a different location, so they wont be deleted. 

Did not work. I did what you told me to, and did not crash for some time. However i crashed on loading screen just now.

I looked through your logs and it's hard to pin down the problem, unfortunately.  I'm shooting in the dark, but here are a few questions:

1. Are you running a lot of other programs or background processes while playing the game? Try closing as many of them as possible before playing.
  2. Are you using an antivirus program?  You might try disabling it before validating the game again with Steam and while playing the game.
  3. If the problem occurs more often with a particular save file, please upload that save.