what does inns do, can they have more functions?

That would add some roleplaying value i guess: inns are meant to be a gathering place for all sorts of people. But i think it's probably more something you would see in a multi player RPG like the Neverwinter Nights RP modules.

Imo it would be cool if the bounties went through the inns themselves rather than your stronghold. That would give you a reason to keep coming back to towns and enhance the travelling adventure feel. I also think it would be cool if there were a lot more bounties, they're neat little nuggets of lore and provide extra stuff to do in cleared-out areas.

Personally I think that a refreshing instance of an inn appearing in gaming form was presented in King of Dragon Pass: When a ragtag party of adventurers appeared requesting lodging in the nearest inn the Orlanthi of your Tula looked at each other, wondered what an inn was, frowned over the strange golden coins the wanderers offered as payment, rather than the cows that would be both respectful and proper, and then had the option to tolerate or kill these impolite and rude foreigners.

Original and mold breaking.

In terms of the game implementing something Obsidian have experience of: Perhaps a Chanter proclaiming the latest news of the Reach, not exactly Wayne Newton but something similar, and maybe even reactive to the protagonists exploits?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Personally I think that a refreshing instance of an inn appearing in gaming form was presented in King of Dragon Pass: When a ragtag party of adventurers appeared requesting lodging in the nearest inn the Orlanthi of your Tula looked at each other, wondered what an inn was, frowned over the strange golden coins the wanderers offered as payment, rather than the cows that would be both respectful and proper, and then had the option to tolerate or kill these impolite and rude foreigners.

In terms of the game implementing something Obsidian have experience of: Perhaps a Chanter proclaiming the latest news of the Reach, not exactly Wayne Newton but something similar, and maybe even reactive to the protagonists exploits?

Nifty. Never got that slide.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Like i have to looking into a dictionary to understand  some words you said.play pillars of eternity was hard for me. 

I think what i mean is  quite simple. We can have a pets system then why not a party system or camping system .Because what make a great adventure memorable is after that what we can talk about  .Maybe companions will  challenge each other by compare the number of how many spiders they've killed.i mean the data is here .Just like to see more quarrels going on in the group.Go to a inn ,Having a table ,Siting around, laughing or arguing some trifles .maybe some drunk dude wants to start  a fight ,Because there is so many different political views. So many things can happen in a tavern.Not just for standing sleep and some lost and found quests I think ;(

It'd be great if we could select 5 companions to hang out at inns we visit and chitchat with each other when you approach them. Despite them not being in your active party, you'd still experience their small talk (nice if youl

Let them be themselves once a while do more interact with the world seeking quests that chould be fun

You get a ton of quests in inns.  Medreth, stop the dozens from attacking the Salty Mast, Get the Item back from the Prostitute, Kill the Slavers, Raedric 2, the changed man in Copperlane, find the cook.  I don't think there's an inn without a quest or in many cases severwith 

some of  those quests can still  be there  even Without a inn. Or in other words they lack the essential nature to make a inn what  it is for adventurers ..i think

A Chanter acting as a town crier would be great. They could do the Mr New Vegas thing of not having them mention you, and there could be little interactions where you say to the chanter "hey it was me who did that" and if you produce an item related to the quest or pass a skill check they amend the story and you get a little rep bonus, if not you lose rep for trying to claim credit.