Eyeless Hammer stats (on PotD):

dGgEsIJ.jpg

Probably the easiest way, would be to make them Stuck. For example with ranger's Binding Roots (which target reflex) or priest's Halt (against will) and just shoot them from range.

Or you could level up to level 13. And test the St. Ydwen's Redeemer.

Edited by MaxQuest

Too bad your lvl 13-guy is a rogue. I thought maybe St. Ydwen's Redeemer might be good - but that's not superhelpful if you're of equal level.

You have two fighters and a cipher, a druid and a priest. Surely you can find a way to reduce fortitude since they are not immune to weakened. Painful Interdiction might be possible and then use prone attacks (I also see no immunity to that.)

Your cipher can cast:

- Phantom Foes: there's no immunity to flanked and their will defense is bad

- Fractured Volition: causes Weakened and Frightened against will

- Ectopsychic Echo: Relfex is bad but DR is high - it will still cause enough damage

- Silent Scream: raw damage, will defense, stun: fits!

- Mental Binding: Paralyze, Will defense: dito

Druid:

- Returning and Relentless Storm: Imunitiy to shock, but not to stun!

- Blizzard: slows down and hurts - against reflex

- Summon Blights: At some point you will summon a blight that is immune to crush and the Eyeless might take forever to kill it

- Hail Storm

- Overwhelming Wave if fortitude is debuffed

- Plague of Insects

- Nature's Terror 

Terrify and Frighten seems so work, that's good because it's reducing their ACC which is quite high.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

So I just barely managed to defeat the ambush with my 3 char party.

But I cheesed as hard as I haven't in a long time.

Put boots of speed on every char (sneaking doesn't work, the mainchar automatically breaks stealth after the cutscene) and ran to the southwestern part of the map, all hammers returned to the middle.

By then the chanter accumulated 5 phases, so I drew one hammer by 2 ogres, kill him mainly with Ecto Echo, draw the next one and so forth.

The only way I see this soloable very easy is with a chanter who keeps sending ogres and doesn't engage himself, which is also super cheesy.

Well my paladin wasn't specced properly for this a high reflex respec would ahve helped, Prone attacks are annoying but don't really damage.

I ran blind into the fight and didn't really want to use too many consumables since I normally solo and was salty that 3 man died like 5 times on me. :s

edit: My pala is level 14, chanter and cipher 13.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

My solo fighter had no issue with them.  I put on some anti-prone armor and beat them up with zero-recovery double daggers (they are vulnerable to slash damage) and 9 DR bypass (vulnerable attack, effigy, gloves).  Triggered Immunity prevented most of the damage early and later after it expired I knocked the remaining prone with barrage-accuracy-boosted knockdowns.  Very high endurance regeneration stacking was able to keep pace with the big, but slow, enemy attacks.  Granted, I was level 16 at that point.

One annoying thing with the ambush attack is that you can't rest in the hut... so you might not have all your per-rest abilities and/or be low on health,right before the battle.  Wasn't an issue for me, but I can see that being problematic.

Edited by Braven
  • Like 1

My solo fighter had no issue with them.  I put on some anti-prone armor and beat them up with zero-recovery double daggers (they are vulnerable to slash damage) and 9 DR bypass (vulnerable attack, effigy, gloves).  Triggered Immunity prevented most of the damage early and later after it expired I knocked the remaining prone with barrage-accuracy-boosted knockdowns.  Very high endurance regeneration stacking was able to keep pace with the big, but slow, enemy attacks.  Granted, I was level 16 at that point.

How high was your Int, for your END reg to last that long?

Also as I said the prone is not an issue at all, how did you deal with the scream and fire beam?

It looks to me like the OP's party is a little too low level at this point in WM2.  Oh, a really good player might be able to get the job done with a mostly level 12 party.

I'd suggest getting the party to a higher level.  I'd also suggest completing  the Abbey quest before dealing with the Eyeless, because there's an item there that will be VERY useful against them.  But the thing about the Abbey is that it is a rather difficult area, and I expect that a mostly level 12 party might get its butt well and thoroughly kicked (and punched) by the Abbey's monks.

And as been pointed out, the Redeemer greatsword is highly useful vs the Eyeless, because they're vessels and the Redeemer has a 25% chance to kill vessels on a hit, if you're of at least the same level as the target (I think).

As for the OP's comment that ciphers are a "crap class", he's nuts.  Ciphers are GREAT!!!  Oh, there are times when a Wizard is more useful.  OTOH, there are times when a Cipher is more useful.  (And the same can be said for pretty much every class in the game.)

It looks to me like the OP's party is a little too low level at this point in WM2.  Oh, a really good player might be able to get the job done with a mostly level 12 party.

I'd suggest getting the party to a higher level.  I'd also suggest completing  the Abbey quest before dealing with the Eyeless, because there's an item there that will be VERY useful against them.  But the thing about the Abbey is that it is a rather difficult area, and I expect that a mostly level 12 party might get its butt well and thoroughly kicked (and punched) by the Abbey's monks.

And as been pointed out, the Redeemer greatsword is highly useful vs the Eyeless, because they're vessels and the Redeemer has a 25% chance to kill vessels on a hit, if you're of at least the same level as the target (I think).

As for the OP's comment that ciphers are a "crap class", he's nuts.  Ciphers are GREAT!!!  Oh, there are times when a Wizard is more useful.  OTOH, there are times when a Cipher is more useful.  (And the same can be said for pretty much every class in the game.)

How do you do the abbey before the ambush? You get that quest in the tent?

Redeemer doesn't work as pointed out in this thread, I tried, they are too high level.

Ciphers are awesome for this because of Echo.

Also as I said the prone is not an issue at all, how did you deal with the scream and fire beam?

My INT was 22.  My might was 30.  Dex was 23.  I also had the +40% rest healing modifier from survival, cloak of the tireless defender, rapid recovery, and the +25 healing modifier belt.  DEX was 25.  See my "Glass Tsunami" build for more details.

High intelligence and might is really key, which is why I think those are the two most important stats for a fighter.  I think most people just assume fighters are supposed to be stupid and not give them intelligence.

Edited by Braven

Redeemer doesn't work as pointed out in this thread, I tried, they are too high level.

OK, my bad.  I guess that you can't find the Abbey until after finishing the Iron Flail quest.  That said, my level 16 party didn't really have that much trouble taking down the 2 Eyeless Hammers without the nice shiny new toy that you can get when you complete the Abbey quest.

And the Redeemer absolutely positively insta-kills Eyeless, because they're vessels, and the Redeemer can insta-kill vessels.  It has a 25% chance to trigger the slay vessels ability, but apparently you need to be at the same level or above the level of the target.  SO, the OP won't be able to use it right at the listed level of his party.  (In my level 16 party, Pallegina was zapping Eyeless left and right with the Redeemer!)

As for ciphers, I guess I might be one of the few who don't use those beam powers that require a friendly to run around the battlefield, dragging the beam along with him.  I don't like that implementation.  It also doesn't help that I don't have a monk or a ranger's pet to play the role of beam anchor/target. 

My INT was 22.  My might was 30.  Dex was 23.  I also had the +40% rest healing modifier from survival, cloak of the tireless defender, rapid recovery, and the +25 healing modifier belt.  DEX was 25.  See my "Glass Tsunami" build for more details.

High intelligence and might is really key, which is why I think those are the two most important stats for a fighter.  I think most people just assume fighters are supposed to be stupid and not give them intelligence.

Well I'm one of those people who takes INT on fighters, so that was my first question.^^

Very nice didn't think about survival also working with that.

OK, my bad.  I guess that you can't find the Abbey until after finishing the Iron Flail quest.  That said, my level 16 party didn't really have that much trouble taking down the 2 Eyeless Hammers without the nice shiny new toy that you can get when you complete the Abbey quest.

And the Redeemer absolutely positively insta-kills Eyeless, because they're vessels, and the Redeemer can insta-kill vessels.  It has a 25% chance to trigger the slay vessels ability, but apparently you need to be at the same level or above the level of the target.  SO, the OP won't be able to use it right at the listed level of his party.  (In my level 16 party, Pallegina was zapping Eyeless left and right with the Redeemer!)

As for ciphers, I guess I might be one of the few who don't use those beam powers that require a friendly to run around the battlefield, dragging the beam along with him.  I don't like that implementation.  It also doesn't help that I don't have a monk or a ranger's pet to play the role of beam anchor/target. 

As I said the problem is not the redeemer but the level of those guys (15) if I'm lower level than them destroy doesn't work.

I don't use beam that way in my current setup since I only have 3 party members. It is enough to have the pala or chanter on the opposite site of the enemy.

In my game there's 3 Eyeless, not 2, I play PotD and upscaled content.

Even if endurance runs out, there is then other healing options like Unbroken.  Boosts defenses as well as heals back to full instantly if endurance runs out; great with high Int and Might.  I also now keep healing potions in a quick slot (didn't use any) in case I still haven't killed everything yet and I also have the "bind wounds" talent in case health runs low during a battle.

There are other options, though I didn't use them, like unbending and shod-in-faith to increase endurance regeneration even more.

When possible, it is best to "pace yourself" with abilities.  Like, I don't want to use the knockdown, defense, and accuracy boosters until after triggered immunity is over (if I am expecting a long fight).  Constant recovery lasts a long time, but those only last half as long.

Edited by Braven
  • Like 1

Drives me nuts every time someone goes " This class is CRAP!" It just means you haven't learned how to make it effective yet. Which is fine because this game has a huge learning curve with the endless amount of abilities and spells. But don't write off a class as crap. Every single class can be very powerful by the late game, some do start slow though.

Before exiting the tent make sure to eat whatever you can (by now the economy of the game should be broken and you should afford to buy anything). Whenever you DPS guys are starting to really work on the eyeless, use the potion of deleterious alacrity of motion.

In case your fighters are built as tanks you can use them to make 2 of the 3 eyeless to concentrate on them. You can use the other companions to kill the 3rd and then the other 2 one by one.

Any scrolls, spells and abilities that stun, paralyze, petrify, prone are highly recommended. When done with those concentrate your de-buffers to apply any other forms of afflictions (daze, blind, reducing DR etc) and keep your DPS guys constantly attacking. Rogue's DPS benefits a lot if attacking a unit that is affected by 2 afflictions (easy to do) and you have Deathblows ability on them. 

• 11 months later...

This battle is insane for the level party mentioned in the OP. I tried some of the advice, specifically the druid advice, but they just hit too hard. There's no way to heal through that damage. Really annoying there's a huge difficulty spike like this you can't avoid. Thankfully I was able to lower the difficulty level to get past this, or else I'd have to reload from the beginning of the map and just skip this area completely until I'm a higher level. Which would mean I'd have to clear the entire map again...

Yeah I'll be completing WM2 at a later level it seems. I wouldn't have a problem with this encounter if I could avoid it until a higher level. But once you take care of the battle inside the tent, this battle is unavoidable. And the battle inside the tent is fairly easy. Massive difficulty spike here.

I tried sneaking around, but that didn't work. Those guys move fast towards my position.

12 Lvl Fighter

12 Lvl fighter

13 Lvl Rogue

12 Lvl Priest

12 Lvl Cipher (Last time I ever play this crap class again!)

11 Lvl Druid

Reload save and pick, at least one, wizard with you, lol. You have almost no CC. Just beat them with Aloth and main, with almost zero dps (2 tanks, healing priest and dru with bow ;/) on PoTD, they has never stand on their feet for too long. Maybe your Cipher can soft them up. They have relatively low Mind defenses as well as reflexes. Edited by stiven

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing:

Raising accuracy (Devotion for the faithfull, blessing, etc...) and using mental binding from cipher usually helps a lot. Focus on the paralyzed one.

Scrolls of paralysis cast from a fighter with disciplined barrage active is a nice solution too. Might save some precious time.

Your party isn't perfectly balanced (Don't need to be) but you have lots of good single target damage dealers, so the focus fire strategy might work.

Druids have a level 5 AoE petrify which might help. It is rolled against thoughness, so be sure to buff ACC first.

Marking weapons, if you have some, are awesome to boost CC.

And don't blame cipher. He is perfectly fitted for the job.