POE Conclusion...

so the WM:2 go out ... and POE at least one has been conclude ... i want to ask you guys what is your opinion about the greatest task\quest that make you the most captivating and enjoyable with the game... for me it was the "Endless paths of od nua" all the story and the 15 levels dungoen made it for me for the best to learn the engwithan language of the deaths and their culture ... what do you think guys ?

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, my favorite part was probably the big finale of White March Part 2. It carried a certain gravity and epic feel that I just adored.

• Like 6

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

I haven't gotten to the WM pt. 2, but I enjoy the new content considerably more than several of the base quests.  It seems more sure of itself and more varied while staying within themes.

My favorite parts of the game are:

- Yenwood field.

- Durgan's Battery.

- The change at the Wailing Banshee.

- The Vithrack level of Od Nua.

- The bird sidequest.

- Eder and Hirviras' sidequests.

Hey (you bunch of delightful gamers),

Had to throw my top moments into this pile of joy.

1. Becoming an adoptive father and venturing through Acts 3+4 with an infant

2. Sacrificing Eder at the Temple of Skaen for +1 Might

3. Lying to Gordys father about your involvement in his dagger. Then seeing Gordy in the Goose and Fox cleaning the kitchen.

Hey (you bunch of delightful gamers),

Had to throw my top moments into this pile of joy.

1. Becoming an adoptive father and venturing through Acts 3+4 with an infant

2. Sacrificing Eder at the Temple of Skaen for +1 Might

3. Lying to Gordys father about your involvement in his dagger. Then seeing Gordy in the Goose and Fox cleaning the kitchen.

No... you couldn't...

Not my Eder!  You fiend!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Guest FlorianGh

1. The vanilla ending with every character dialogue with Thaos;

2. Ending of TWM with great re-activity;

3. Durance dialogue (all of it);

4. Grieving Mother dialogue (all of it). 

But the best part of the game is the beginning of the game where everything is still a wonder and you don't have a lot of party members and skills.

- The "watcher" discussions with Thaos.

- Being able to choose my past relationship with Iovara.

- Lady Webb-Thaos brandy scene.

- Durance.

- Berath & Lord Raedric VII.

- Sending Icthala's prisoners to Aldhelm.

- Hunter, Brother quest.

- Cwineth.

(I am self-restraining myself) 

• Like 2

I don't really like doing that dungeon because i dislike lots of fighting, but i admire it's design, especially if looking from the map)

And i really can't say about something i like the most, because i liked most of the quests and stories. They are almost equally good.

But what i do find surprising - is the character interactions in the WM 2 ending.

(I can't find a spoiler tag, so, moderator, before approving this comment please post things bellow in a spoiler)

When you chosing to sacrifice yourself - game ending, no epilogue, you dead.

When you chosing to sacrifice Durance, he tells you to **** off that would i totaly expect from him, but he also agrees if selected randomly.

Then i began to wonder, what will happend if i chose Devil - water can't hurt her, right? And when i do that she just... walks back to the shore)

That's just brilliant when in such kind of moments character personality or special traits stepping in and making things different.

• Like 1

There's one ending to that bit that looks like Ondra rescues you personally, and I really want to know how to trigger that because that would be my favourite way for it to end.  It feels a lot like "you don't meet any other requirements to survive but you did something earlier which pays off now"

Edited by house2fly

There's one ending to that bit that looks like Ondra rescues you personally, and I really want to know how to trigger that because that would be my favourite way for it to end.  It feels a lot like "you don't meet any other requirements to survive but you did something earlier which pays off now"

Maybe it's something you get if you have aligned with her in Teir Evron?

You can stay behind in White March 2 and make it out alive without Ondra's help. My character was way too noble to let a companion bear the responsibility so I stayed behind without a second thought. I can spoil it if people really want me to but a little hint is that you need something for your head.

I laughed when that scared villager in Twin Elms told me Raedrich had to be killed -- again! I loved that! It's a bit nostalgic, going back full kitted out with all my Soulbound weapons to wipe him off Eora once and for all. The dialogue responses when confirming the quest were pretty amusing too. You could just imagine your PC groaning and saying, "Okay, fine."

Iovara... not really a quest, but to me, the heart of this game. Otherwise it's just a bunch of babbling about souls. She lent a bit of humanity to the entire thing.

Skaen Temple, because evil cults that hide in plain sight are awesome.

Stumbling on the thief house with (easy) party battle in Defiance Bay gave me the best BG2 vibe. It's the little things. Honestly, you could fill every house with a group of adventurers trying to kill me and I wouldn't complain.

Od Nua. Particularly the top levels. I liked finding the journals from the failed expeditions. Nice touch.

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 2

I laughed when that scared villager in Twin Elms told me Raedrich had to be killed -- again! I loved that! It's a bit nostalgic, going back full kitted out with all my Soulbound weapons to wipe him off Eora once and for all. The dialogue responses when confirming the quest were pretty amusing too. You could just imagine your PC groaning and saying, "Okay, fine."

Iovara... not really a quest, but to me, the heart of this game. Otherwise it's just a bunch of babbling about souls. She lent a bit of humanity to the entire thing.

Skaen Temple, because evil cults that hide in plain sight are awesome.

Stumbling on the thief house with (easy) party battle in Defiance Bay gave me the best BG2 vibe. It's the little things. Honestly, you could fill every house with a group of adventurers trying to kill me and I wouldn't complain.

Od Nua. Particularly the top levels. I liked finding the journals from the failed expeditions. Nice touch.

I forgot about the journals. Those were pretty awesome. Fulvano's story throughout Gilded Vale was pretty rad as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The whole quest leading to Yenwood field. I felt like real lord protecting his claim and making a name for himself. The endless paths was good too since it was related to the keep.

I also enjoyed Durgan's Battery quest. Not the endless fighting but the idea behind it. You get a request for help from a village that's dying because there's little economic activity there and opening the battery will put the village on the map. The quest makes sense, the implications are clear and you can easily relate to the community. That small village is now more memorable to me than Defiance Bay. Well done Obsidian.

• Like 1

how to sacrifice people at Skaen? I wasn´t given the option

You need to have one disposition point in 'cruel'. Having multiple disposition points in cruel actually makes a surprising amount of characters respond to that fact during dialogue, so it's worth the effort to gain them, in multiple ways.

• Like 1

Guest FlorianGh

how can you become an adoptive father? I think ti's the quest with the baby in act 3  in Twin Elms. Can't wait to try this.

Edited by FlorianGh

how to sacrifice people at Skaen? I wasn´t given the option

You need to have one disposition point in 'cruel'. Having multiple disposition points in cruel actually makes a surprising amount of characters respond to that fact during dialogue, so it's worth the effort to gain them, in multiple ways.

Point taken, I´ll stop being a wuss :devil:

• Like 1