So... what's exactly the stash?

The stash is everything I ever wanted in a RPG ever.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I find the stash to give better immersion than any alternatives in similar games. Makes more sense than a character trudging around with stuff that would realistically weight 1000 pounds (3 sets of plate mail? 5 great swords 10 potions couple of robes and boo's exercise ball? really gonna carry that around?

they stash the good somewhere before moving on. As they "travel" they throw it in a cart and stash it somewhere else. Maybe they could have added a cart or a donkey (named bill), a caravan... but ahhh.. yeah I'd prefer some more stories or a cool quest. Making a game is all about resources and where u use them. Creativity is a resource and IMO pillars used their ample supply very well. The game play in pillars is very brave and innovative. The stories, the nuts and bolts dialogue writing is as good as a work of proper fiction.  

it's kind of like Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. The game "promises to all that stuff" later. You know why? it's a game. you know what else is realistic...... math homework.... do we need some of that in the game too? how about a pooping mini game? 

The stash is a unique idea and a good idea. Maybe it could use some balance tweaking but honestly... lets focus on what really matters. Story, combat, character realism and a beautiful game world. 

I'm sure Pillars 2 will have limits on what u can carry but hopefully not much. I like my keep with 1 of everything.