I'm surprised that many people find the Radiant Spore that hard. If you free the vithraks at the beginning, the fight doesn't require much tactics - you go for the big spore and you hit it fast and hard because when it dies the tentacles disappear too.

If you don't position yourself well (and on the first encounter you usually don't), plus you have to fight the spore AND vithraaks, than yeap it's hard ^^

While second try - that's another story.

Edited by MaxQuest

^^^ the stat checks to free the vithrack are not that easy. I almost alway play a resolve,perc and int kinda character. Not sure what stat and how high it is required but ive never managed. And the fight with them is tough

I think you need 15con/res.

Yeah, I've had the res just not the con. And man it's a tough fight with all the adds.

Weird thing about the alpine and adra dragons though. I found both fights really really tough and had to resort to cheese to win. But the adra's adds are much tougher than the alpines. And the alpine dragon is tougher than the adra so it balances out I guess. But those darn adragons....

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Constitution : 3

Resolve : 3

Everybody against me.

I understand now : p

My strategie is now to use shield 30 pts of Chanter. + Girdle of eoten constitution for all + Scroll of protection +20 + summon target mob for reduce the damage.

Very interresting battle.

Edited by theBalthazar

I'm not sure if it happens to anyone else, but without casters in my party any fight with three+ adragans can quickly become a full-fledged boss fight. I'm pretty sure on upscaled POTD their Returning Storm spell is passive, activates at any random time, regardless of status and conveniently always seems to successfully hit and stun (regardless of reflex score it seems) whoever is assigned to refresh the crowd control, dispel the petrify/charm, casting a protective buff or about to deliver the killing blow. If two of those survive your opening controlled burst, pack up, you're going to moonwell city (insane strength, range and duration), get dominated (regardless of will) and petrified (regardless of fortitude), and of course, stunned.

Actual boss fights involving Adragans are far easier, since you're prepared anyway and ready to go the extra mile. But I thought they'd be worth mentioning in a thread about the toughest fight, as they're currently at #1 in my "tougher than expected" list, turning random skirmishes into epic battles.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it happens to anyone else, but without casters in my party any fight with three+ adragans can quickly become a full-fledged boss fight. I'm pretty sure on upscaled POTD their Returning Storm spell is passive, activates at any random time, regardless of status and conveniently always seems to successfully hit and stun (regardless of reflex score it seems) whoever is assigned to refresh the crowd control, dispel the petrify/charm, casting a protective buff or about to deliver the killing blow. If two of those survive your opening controlled burst, pack up, you're going to moonwell city (insane strength, range and duration), get dominated (regardless of will) and petrified (regardless of fortitude), and of course, stunned.

Actual boss fights involving Adragans are far easier, since you're prepared anyway and ready to go the extra mile. But I thought they'd be worth mentioning in a thread about the toughest fight, as they're currently at #1 in my "tougher than expected" list, turning random skirmishes into epic battles.

Yeah the upscaled ones in Elmshore are insane. I waltzed in there at around 12th level (Potd) thinking that I'd steamroll them and boy was I suprised.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

OK, I just finished the Llengrath battle on my first try.  (I don't count my encounter with Llengrath with my last party because I talked my way out of fighting that time.)  It was a tough fight, but I've had tougher ones.  For all Llengrath's reputation in the game lore, she didn't seem particularly tough at all.  And the dragons themselves didn't seem any tougher than other dragons in the game.

That said, it was a tough fight and it came down to the larger green bog dragon (who was "nearly dead") vs Sagani who was pretty badly wounded herself.  Everyone else in my party was down, and I don't have Sagani built with any Lore so she couldn't revive anyone.  All she could do was run and shoot, run and shoot.  And against a dragon with a high Lightning DR, so unless she triggered returning storm with Stormcaller, she was doing around 3-5 damage per shot.  Thankfully, she wears boots of speed, so she could easily out run the dragon.  But frankly, this one on one, Sagani vs the Bog Dragon was boring as all helI.   I guess that I just don't find anything enjoyable about running around the map kiting a single enemy.  And this 1v1 engagement told me all I needed to know about why I'd hate playing the game solo.

Brynlod.

I've beaten Adra dragon, concelhaut, Llengrath, Alpine dragon, radiant spore, but Brynlod has my number.

Yeah, that particular bounty battle is nasty as all hell.  With my current party, I beat them in my first attempt, but it was ridiculously close.  My Fighter PC and Zahua were the last two on their feet against two of them.  Don't remember what those last 2 enemies were.  They weren't the casters or chanters.  And they had DEFL's that were sky high, so I was having trouble getting hits on them.  Thankfully I was finally able to land a blow here and there and finish them off, but not before my PC and Zahua were on their last legs.  It was that close.

Honestly, I don't particularly like this fight.  Not because of the difficulty of the enemies.  What I don't like is the location.  The ground is very restricted, and that ruins blocks your view of your characters if the fight ends up behind it.  At least with the other bounty fights, the battles are in somewhat more open and easier to use ground.  This ground just stinks.  Oh well.

• Like 1

Bounties can be kited solo except the ogre druid in the cave and the troll in lower level of cilant lis. As for group and stuff like brynlod or magram just pick a good position to pull the enemies. Fight before from the right side of the ruins with brynlod and pull the enemies into a bottleneck. Buff your party with a priest while your tank goes ahead and tank and engagement battle starts. Then Unload cc on them with a wizard or druid as they cluster around tank. And go from there. A secondary off tank like monk or rogue can be sent around main enemy lines to their casters to distrupt and kill the enemy mages priests and druids.

In my party pallegina tanked while maneha off tanked the fighters. Zahua was sent to ko the enemy back flanks. Priest buffed everyone. Cipher and wizard cced and then switched to aoe damage.

• Like 1

hmm no one mention the optional fight with shapechange party from galavin altar. Wolf, cat, stag and 2 stealgar, those last 2 are just crazy, nasty badass. Thay hit for around 70 hp per hit, they atack so fast, that we can't cast any spells due to hight interrupt level ef their claw. When playing solo this can be one of the most difficult battle. We need to put our char in some corner, when cat or wolf engage him, then we need to take out 2 stealgar first, and the rest of party later. If stealgar will atack as first, it's already over. Sorry for my bad english

Also i think that alpine dragon is the easiest from all dragons. There is one glitch that allow us to take fim out so that he can't even scratch us. In recent patches sky dragon was buffed, so in my opinion he is now the strongest dragon, but still nothing special at all.

Edited by mukurome
  • Like 1

Bounties can be kited solo except the ogre druid in the cave and the troll in lower level of cilant lis. As for group and stuff like brynlod or magram just pick a good position to pull the enemies. Fight before from the right side of the ruins with brynlod and pull the enemies into a bottleneck. Buff your party with a priest while your tank goes ahead and tank and engagement battle starts. Then Unload cc on them with a wizard or druid as they cluster around tank. And go from there. A secondary off tank like monk or rogue can be sent around main enemy lines to their casters to distrupt and kill the enemy mages priests and druids.

In my party pallegina tanked while maneha off tanked the fighters. Zahua was sent to ko the enemy back flanks. Priest buffed everyone. Cipher and wizard cced and then switched to aoe damage.

Thanks for the tips. Eventually did it.

The backstabbers in that fight need to be looked at though - 186 deflection seems a bit much I think.

hmm no one mention the optional fight with shapechange party from galavin altar. Wolf, cat, stag and 2 stealgar, those last 2 are just crazy, nasty badass. Thay hit for around 70 hp per hit, they atack so fast, that we can't cast any spells due to hight interrupt level ef their claw. When playing solo this can be one of the most difficult battle. We need to put our char in some corner, when cat or wolf engage him, then we need to take out 2 stealgar first, and the rest of party later. If stealgar will atack as first, it's already over. Sorry for my bad english

Also i think that alpine dragon is the easiest from all dragons. There is one glitch that allow us to take fim out so that he can't even scratch us. In recent patches sky dragon was buffed, so in my opinion he is now the strongest dragon, but still nothing special at all.

skydragon indeed noticeably buffed. soooo.... much... stunning...

the entire battle has been buffed, actually, and in POTD there are several greater blights that will immediately cast returning storm all over the place, so you have the dragon with lightning breath, and the returning storms proccing everywhere... very irritating.

still, the dragon itself doesn't do as much damage as say, the ardra dragon does.  that fight can go south quick because of the way enemies stream into that fight in stages.  though the dragon seems more of a glass cannon than I recall.  went down pretty fast.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brynlod personally gave me fits, seemed harder than Adra, Alpine, or Concelhaut. Finally had to aggro the fight and tail it and make them follow me to where that hole in the ground that leads to the area under Dyrford, they clumped up near that "bridge" and then got rekt by AOE spells. Even then I only won because the illusionsists didn't actually follow me, they stayed in the starting spot so I was able to to fight half the group and then went back and killed the other half.

Edited by Nauzhror

I don't think I've fought them. Are they in WM II? Not finished WM II yet. Done three of its four bounties, the mines (and thus radiant spore), but not went to the fort yet. Is kind of disappointing to me that there's no actual "growth" left for me in all of WM II. Was max level long before the end of WM I, let alone before the end of WM II. Probably gotten enough exp by now to be level 18-19 if there wasn't a cap at 16.

K, these low tide monks/fighters/etc. are indeed tough as balls.

Edited by Nauzhror

I don't think I've fought them. Are they in WM II? Not finished WM II yet. Done three of its four bounties, the mines (and thus radiant spore), but not went to the fort yet. Is kind of disappointing to me that there's no actual "growth" left for me in all of WM II. Was max level long before the end of WM I, let alone before the end of WM II. Probably gotten enough exp by now to be level 18-19 if there wasn't a cap at 16.

K, these low tide monks/fighters/etc. are indeed tough as balls.

I explored the abbey being level 15 and the low tide monks really were stronger than I would have imagined -> after talking to the sane one, I chose to sneak behind the rest with my rogue (Devil of Caroc) instead of fighting them. The fight at the reliquiary is not avoidable this way, but I wont spoil the game anymore for you. Update me (maybe through pm, not here, so we swamp the thread more) on how you did ;-)

My own experience :

Adra Dragon is still annoying because of her breath and the risk to be petrified by her Adragan girlband. If you properly apply paralyzis to her and CC the stone damsels, the fight will not be very hard. But there is a failure risk.

Alpine is easy if you have a wizard. Buff accuracy, petrify him and it will not be very hard.

Thaos always gives me headache due to Mind Control spells and cleansing flames. But he is not that hard to defeat.

Concelhaut was a joke with a barbarian armed with hallowed redeemer. His minions are a bit annoying but once you killed a few of the most dangerous ones (void seer, animated wand), the fight becomes easy.

Llengrath... I didn't have any problem. I Paralyzed the dragons, I used defensive mindweb... then it seemed that my endurance never went down.

Radiant spore was not that hard. I killed the mushroom dudes, then aimed it. From this point, provided you can survive a bit the tentacle sniping, it will be easy.

Kraken is easy, sky dragon is not very hard (but don't underestimated her as I did. She's upscaled now.)

Magran faithfuls are crazy annoying. Priest and druids will blast you while healing like crazy. Blast them quick.

All groups with high level monks should never been underestimated. They go for casters like Bouh goes for the eyes. With Iron wheel, clarity of agony, flagellant path and Force of Anguish, they are incredibly hard to stop. The fight with the new abbey of the fallen moon deserve a special mention.

Finally, scaled Brynlod party win the cup. Hardest fight in the game for me. These guys just have too much defenses. Next time, I'll bring a priest for Devotion of the faithful.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

I actually had easy time with Brynlod tho that was already after i done magrains faithfull so i knew that keeping them all perma stunned will work also you can aproach Brynold from the back and fight on better ground for urself which makes it easier

Edited by Blunderboss

I actually had easy time with Brynlod tho that was already after i done magrains faithfull so i knew that keeping them all perma stunned will work also you can aproach Brynold from the back and fight on better ground for urself which makes it easier

Did you boosted your accuracy for this fight ? I didn't have a priest, and I had also limited CC capabilities. Most of my CC spell weren't very successful. That might be the reason why I had so many troubles.

Yes i had a priest , but stormcaller ranger is the one winning me those fights , basically if i can cast overhelming wave ( by swaddling sheet or white crest ) at the start  with one of my melees then ranger will just keep refreshing the stun until fight is over .

Also if you engage the fight from the back of the building they all have to go around a wall to attack u and that puts them into a position where u can land all the aoe on them 

Edited by Blunderboss
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just killed llengrath for the first time* (phew.... that was tough, especially the big dragon, it was the last thing to go down - compared to Concealhaut I didn't find llengrath herself that hard). I think the toughest fights are the adra dragon, alpine dragon, concealhaut  and llengrath. Next time I would prefer to get the bonus to abilities and not fight - just because it takes so long - one of the few fights were my party had used almost all their spells and abilities.

Shame I can't level up any more and there is nothing I'm using that I can enchant to legendary as everything is already at max :( a bit of an anti-climax

* PotD

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

No never done that. Am attempting to do everything now except some NPC quests.

Just seen someone solo Llengrath on YT... bloody hell - I had six people and loads of summons and I nearly died and there are people out there soloing it!

Edited by ArnoldRimmer