[3.0/WM2] Gyrd Haewanes Stenes (soulbound scepter) not treated as universal weapon

thelee

Question

I just equipped this on Durance. Durance has Inspired Flame (+10 Sword, Arquebus). By the rules of soulbound/universal weapons and attack bonuses since White March I, Durance should also get a +10 bonus to this scepter. However, he does not, he only gets the +15 accuracy bonus that is on the weapon itself.

Just for testing, I also tried it on my wizard, who has Weapon Focus: Soldier (+6). I can confirm that another soulbound weapons (Greenstone Staff) does indeed get the +6 accuracy bonus from the weapon focus, despite not being a soldier-weapon, because it is a soulbound/universal weapon. However, Gyrd Haewanes Stenes still does not get +6 bonus here either. So it appears to be missing its universal weapon classification.

Here's a drop box link with the weapon, along with output log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w0f1ug5pt5hl1r4/AAANogXxn7fL1wiwB-baFvYia?dl=0

2 answers to this question

Heya thelee!

Thanks for pointing this out. Fortunately we are aware of this, and our designer has fixed it (along with all the other soulbound weapons that have this problem) in our internal build. You should see a fix in the next patch =)

Thanks again, and I hope you're enjoying the game!

• Like 1

I try my very best.

After the latest patch post-WM pt 2, the accuracy bonus isn't applied at all. This is very disappointing. I had it fully leveled on Aloth, and no bonus showed up for the item on the breakdown fly-out for accuracy. I tried severing the soul bound, giving it to Durance, and the reduced Accuracy bonus still didn't show up (he had no Weapon Focus at all)

--

Updated: 

I reloaded my save game and then traveled and I noticed that the bonus is now there! Weird!!

Edited by Kunikos