White March main menu background wallpaper

I just started White March for the first time and...got hit by nostalgia. I have always loved Icewind Dale series especially because of winter theme so I was pretty excited about White March announcement.

But to get to the point. I love that live winter background. Is it possible to get it as simple or better as living wallpaper for windows? Do you know how to extract it from data files ?

Currently using the original main game title screen as one of my wallpapers. Wouldn't mind if Obsidian releases a new one. I'm guessing Kaz painted up the first one. Did he do The White March as well?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Good to see others share my view. I like art in PoE and lack of free wallpapers, concept art and so on saddens me. Hopefully, background theme will appear soon somewhere.

And I'd like to hear new main menu music for White March, too! But I guess this is because of how WM is actually implemented to the main game.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Pillars of Eternity

I can't tell you how to extract the images from the game files themselves but a quick trigger finger, knowing how the menu's work, and good capture software can get it done in a pinch.  It won't be animated, but the bg's of eternity are not animated to begin with.  The snow is just a in game effect.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 6

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139162798@N02/albums/72157664957146591

I can't tell you how to extract the images from the game files themselves but a quick trigger finger, knowing how the menu's work, and good capture software can get it done in a pinch. It won't be animated, but the bg's of eternity are not animated to begin with. The snow is just a in game effect.

Virtual eDap.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 7 years later...

Does anyone know which artist made this image. I love it so much more than Deadfire's main menu background. I wonder if they were done by the same person.

Edited by Qhuenta