Is this item description font rendering normal?

Ingy

Question

RA6KDca.jpg

It's possibly a bit hard to see with the JPEG compression, but some letters appear wider, blurrier and bolder than other instances of the same letter (e.g. 'the "blue stone scepter,"'), and others are more narrow - compare the 'e' in 'sapphire' to any of the other 'e's, for example. I have the font scale set to the default of 100% and turning Font Ligatures off doesn't seem to make a difference. It's hardly game-breaking stuff, just a bit strange and hard on the eyes.

14 answers to this question

Hi, thanks for the quick response!

The title screen says 'v3.01.977 PX1 PX2 -steam', and all files validated successfully when I did the 'Verify integrity of game cache' thing on Steam. I remember a more general font blurriness in an early version of the 2.0 patches, but here it seems to be individual letters that stand out, and I've only noticed it in item descriptions - despite looking similar, the Journal and Cyclopedia are fine, as far as I can tell.

Also having this issue past 3.01. It's not always present - it seems to randomly break on loading (either loading a save or loading a new area). For me it has been like this with soulbound item descriptions ever since they were added to the game, which is to say all game versions I've played since WM1 release.

post-160234-0-70610700-1456421156_thumb.jpg

Edit: while the screenshot is also of the scepter, this happens with all soulbound items.

Edited by Izichial

I'm getting it too. Both issues, actually.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Seems indeed to be exclusive to the descriptions of soulbound weapons, no matter if fully or half unlocked or not even bound to a character yet. The display is always jumbled upon bringing up the description for the first time, after transitioning from one map to another(?).

aVdWpFP.jpg

Indeed. Getting that all the time with soulbound weapons.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus