No need for a romantic dinner, but autosave would be nice.

For all the game design nitpicking*, why do you still insist, that having no chance to save between the full-exposition-dump-15min-dialogues and consequential boss fights is a good, favorable or even likable idea?

Of course, the toughest fights are going to wipe people's parties, especially if they stumble upon them unprepared - they are meant to. But making them then navigate through the winding dialogue again after they've just done it? Why? It sucked in IE games, it sucks now.

Just create an autosave after the dialogue...

Despite the appearance, this is not a rage/vent thread, but an actual suggestion, I've had for a while.

I've never remembered to post this before, but right now I've had one such fight. I didn't wipe, but I find it sad, that nearly doing so, I was more dreading going through the dialogue again, than the possible failure.

* in my opinion, this word does not really give the mentioned process justice

• Like 9

Why? I don't remember any combat that had lots of dialogue previous combat (like Raedric or the final boss) that you can't attack immediately through an option in dialogue without having to go through almost any of the dialogue.

• Like 1

I support that. An additional autosave right after dialogue and before encounter starts would be nice. Maerwald and Adra Dragon are examples when things can really get tedious with all the clicking. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For all the game design nitpicking*, why do you still insist, that having no chance to save between the full-exposition-dump-15min-dialogues and consequential boss fights is a good, favorable or even likable idea?

Of course, the toughest fights are going to wipe people's parties, especially if they stumble upon them unprepared - they are meant to. But making them then navigate through the winding dialogue again after they've just done it? Why? It sucked in IE games, it sucks now.

Just create an autosave after the dialogue...

Despite the appearance, this is not a rage/vent thread, but an actual suggestion, I've had for a while.

I've never remembered to post this before, but right now I've had one such fight. I didn't wipe, but I find it sad, that nearly doing so, I was more dreading going through the dialogue again, than the possible failure.

* in my opinion, this word does not really give the mentioned process justice

I remember this being a huge drag whilst dealing with Maerwald. Thx 4 adressing this!

Oh and by the way: No teleporting of the whole group directly in front of an enemy. That is so ... no.

This, IMO, is even worse than the lack of autosave. I absolutely hate the fact that you get your characters positioned defensively, as one would when there's the likelihood of violence, but the game takes control and dumps your party right in front of the bad guy - and sometimes positioning your squishies right in front. Ye gods, that ticks me off.

• Like 2

Oh and by the way: No teleporting of the whole group directly in front of an enemy. That is so ... no.

This, IMO, is even worse than the lack of autosave. I absolutely hate the fact that you get your characters positioned defensively, as one would when there's the likelihood of violence, but the game takes control and dumps your party right in front of the bad guy - and sometimes positioning your squishies right in front. Ye gods, that ticks me off.

Yeah, and before anyone screams "Metagaming!" I would point out that, like real life, if certain situations result in the same sort of outcome, you start to get a feel for them. There are plenty of times in just about every game now when I absolutely know something's gonna happen and position my people before hand because of that the first time through. That's not metagaming. That's situational awareness. I don't mind if there's some logical basis for screwing with me after I've positioned, but arbitrarily moving my people really chaps my hide!

Oh, and I agree with all the people about wanting to have my characters say what I want them to say. Like Doppelschwert (sp?) says up top, there's the fact that I want reputation, but just as importantly, my character will act a certain way and that pretty much compels me to try to choose dialogue options that reflect his nature.

Anyhow, great thread/point/idea Jojo.

As an aside, I might try that quick save thing when I face the adra dragon this run, Marky. She's a real bitch.

• Like 1

bother?

I think it's a good idea, it's annoying not only for the reasons of having to select the same options again if you want to keep your role-play consistent but it also kills the impact of said dialogue by hearing it over and over again (Maerwald is a pretty great example of this). A save just before the fight and right after the dialogue would be perfect.

• Like 1