cannot load my saved games ?

polan

Question

hello i have had this since release but thought id carry on playing with white march part 2 only to realize that i have no saved games ?? i looked in the folder and they are all sitting in there so why can i not load any of them ?? i have tried everything verify files under properties i have backed up saves deleted and put back in there, run as admin i have no idea why ?? something to do with one of these patches ? like i said i haven't played the game in a few months so it may have been expansion or a patch i'm not sure but it was working fine. I just can't load my saved games up for some reason i even tried creating a new save game came out of game back in and that has vanished to ??

6 answers to this question

Thanks for your report!  Try deleting the directory 'C:/Users/Wesley/AppData/Local/Temp/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity/TempSaveData' and the folder 'CurrentGame' next to it.  Before you do, could you ZIP that folder and upload it?  It may help us figure out exactly what's going on.

Hey polan, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us. I apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please upload an output log and a system spec file so we can take a look? Are you playing on Steam, try playing in offline mode and see if the saves reappear. If it does, make a new save and then see if the save is readable once you go back online. 

Thanks!