[3.01] Main Character Dead At Game Load

Gairnulf

Question

I made the attached savegame after a combat had ended, and my character had been knocked out with zero health. He still got up after the combat and I was able to make the savegame.

After I loaded the savegame, my main character was no longer in the party and I immediately got the "You have died" window.

Please help, if possible edit my savegame to give my main character some health original.gif

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2n9OkZ4rwZMOFU0c2JRNkZLM00/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

7 answers to this question

Oh damn, I wish I had seen this yesterday. I had only the autosave that I had when entering stalwart. I had made no saves between that autosave and the save I sent you, which I made immediately after finishing the ogre battles. So my inventory and stats would have been unchanged between that autosave and the savegame I sent.

What had happened was, in the last battle (where the ogres' attack's leader took part) I went under zero endurance and (I guess) health. After the battle, the party gets teleported to its position where they are asked to help with the burning house. At this point I guess my main character was revived wit 1HP. I made a savegame and went to help with the burning house. I failed there, and decided to reload and try again. Loaded the game and boom, no main character :) Lost all the progress so far in Stalwart.

I replayed the ogre fights the same evening though, so my next most recent save )the autosave from entering stalwart) got overwriten.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

The problem is linked to the "ycg Br Tomb Fragment" item - it's taking away 25 health from the equipped character with each save and load.  So watch out for that.  It'll be fixed in 3.02.

I got the same problem... my main character has 18 health left after the battle and dies on every load attempt. She does have the mentioned amulet equipped.