Modifying Hair Colour Palette

Hi there,

Just wondering if there any way I can modify game files so that some races can have more than their original stock colours.

Ie. Wood elf get the hair of pale elves or vice versa,

The hair colours seem really limited IMO, Looking for a way to get around that, any ideas?

Amen to that. I love using a particular Wood Elf portrait from IWD2 but the only red color for wood elves is hideously unnatural in tone. 

tphFWjD.png

Well so is the red hair in the portrait, but a different unnatural :)

Ugh.  That IWD2 pic always bothered me.  Look REALLY close at the hand on the staff.  It's wrong.  How?  It's a right hand, not a left hand.  But her right arm is in her LAP, so how can the right hand be at shoulder height?

Normally, since I use a mac, I'd go rummaging around the packaged contents of the app to see if there are any img files I can mess around with on photoshop. Its how I got different color in games like Darkest dungeon.

However, POE is using Unity?

So I'm pretty much @.@ here...

I'm guessing someone used to Unity would probably know what to switch around or edit. it's not like im asking for new colours, it more like replacing the stock colours of one race with another. Though I don't know how hard that is to do...

Amen to that. I love using a particular Wood Elf portrait from IWD2 but the only red color for wood elves is hideously unnatural in tone. 

tphFWjD.png

Well so is the red hair in the portrait, but a different unnatural :)

Ugh.  That IWD2 pic always bothered me.  Look REALLY close at the hand on the staff.  It's wrong.  How?  It's a right hand, not a left hand.  But her right arm is in her LAP, so how can the right hand be at shoulder height?

Love that portrait too, always used it in IwD. Also she shouldn't be sitting on a rock like that, she might catch a cold.

Hi there,

Just wondering if there any way I can modify game files so that some races can have more than their original stock colours.

Ie. Wood elf get the hair of pale elves or vice versa,

The hair colours seem really limited IMO, Looking for a way to get around that, any ideas?

I totally agree with the OP. More hair colours would be nice. There are dyes in Eora, so there might be a huge variety of hair colours for the characters. I also thought about more skin tones, but I guess this may be lore-restricted to their ethnicities.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

What bothers me is that there's still not colours to match the portraits. For example, one out of the two (?) male wild orlan portraits show grey-white-ish fur, but they can't pick that as their colour. Similarly, if I'm not mistaken, there's only two female orlan portraits, one of which has red skin/soft fur and black hair/fur - neither of which is an option, either.

And don't get me started on how Aloth starts with an assigned colour to his clothes that isn't even available. If you change it, it's gone forever. The palette is pitiful.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

What bothers me is that there's still not colours to match the portraits. For example, one out of the two (?) male wild orlan portraits show grey-white-ish fur, but they can't pick that as their colour. Similarly, if I'm not mistaken, there's only two female orlan portraits, one of which has red skin/soft fur and black hair/fur - neither of which is an option, either.

And don't get me started on how Aloth starts with an assigned colour to his clothes that isn't even available. If you change it, it's gone forever. The palette is pitiful.

That would be a reason for a bug report I guess, although I'm not interested enough in the color palette to write one myself.