Please, give us companion full respec tool

Hello dear developers,

I love Pillars of Eternity and i finished the story with different difficulties (except ironman).

Played with full companions for story,

Played with custom characters for PotD,

And i want to play PotD with companions. I know its quiet possible to see finish line with unrespecced companions on every difficulty, but i want to see them with their full potential and in "different party roles".

I know there is IEmod etc. for respec companions but using this tool needs console commands and its difficult.

İf anyone wants to play with totally original companions, they can. Just create an option to allow respec companions like custom characters, for players who want to use them for different party roles and see their full potentials.

Also creating more companions, which not exist in the game (like barbarian) can be very good, actually i like to see that more than future expansions.

Best Regards,

Enurale(*)

(*) my english is not enough to express the desire of this wish of mine to become true.

• Like 1

I believe WM2 offers a barbarian companion. thumbsup.gif

It indeed does.

And I must say, I love the character.

Someone at Obsidian clearly nailed the whole "characters are not defined by their class" thing. Devil of Caroc and the barbarian-woman-whos-name-escapes-me-right-now are perfect examples of that.

t50aJUd.jpg

I have tons of endgame saves which ready to continue for WM2  but ill start to a new game for playing wm2 i guess.

This is really great game, which deserve spending more time for playing it. Just... I hope to see my fully customized companions...

Waiting in high hope...

And i want to play PotD with companions. I know its quiet possible to see finish line with unrespecced companions on every difficulty, but i want to see them with their full potential and in "different party roles".

100% agree. I also wanted to have full control over companions builds and attributes. But without losing their banter and quests.

In v2 I simply used console to redistribute their stats. But in v3, they reset back to default values on save load.

Heh, before I noticed that, I've got quite puzzled why the hell did Kana start to go low so fast.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

100% agree. I also wanted to have full control over companions builds and attributes. But without losing their banter and quests.

In v2 I simply used console to redistribute their stats. But in v3, they reset back to default values on save load.

Heh, before I noticed that, I've got quite puzzled why the hell did Kana start to go low so fast.

Of course!

i want want to loose anyting, i love companions. Getting a chance to customize their stats will give to game more replay strengt. İ dont want to see Kana as an wild orlan, you can keep their birth specialization, like race. But stats can change in life like spells and skills.

And that's annoying as hell. I usually set the companion's characteristics to their original values before they were "optimized", because I consider them more flavourful and more in line with the characters themselves. But it's not possible to change them anymore. Annoying as all hell.

t50aJUd.jpg

Really? That sucks man...Maybe I have to think twice about starting a new playtrough... What a shame...

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

I vote against the inclusion of any respec tool for companions. If you want a character with optimal stats you can hire an adventurer. Companions are real people in a real game world. You'll have to learn to live with their flaws and peculiarities, that's what makes them special. The option to respec companion's would detract from immersion by making companions feel less 'real', and make them more replaceable by self made adventurers.

• Like 5

It indeed does.

Someone at Obsidian clearly nailed the whole "characters are not defined by their class" thing. Devil of Caroc and the barbarian-woman-whos-name-escapes-me-right-now are perfect examples of that.

I had Manega (that barbarian woman) in my party for a while yesterday.  Her character seemed fine, though I just don't know how to get the most out of barbarians.  The one thing that bothered me about her was her voice.  It just seemed ... wrong .... to me.  Given the size of Aumaua, it feels wrong that she doesn't have a deeper voice.  (Deeper for a woman, that is, of course.)  She sounded too sweet and kinda, sorta petite.  It was a little off-putting to me, same as I find Sagani's (complete lack of an) accent off-putting because as I've said in the past, it seems far too "American" and not nearly foreign enough.  OTOH, Pallegina's accent is absolutely wonderful in its foreignness.  Understandable, yet foreign and exotic.

Regardless, it's nice to have Companions to cover every class finally.  I just wish that they'd (all) been findable closer to the start of the storyline.  Maybe the rogue most of all.

• Like 1

I vote against the inclusion of any respec tool for companions. If you want a character with optimal stats you can hire an adventurer. Companions are real people in a real game world. You'll have to learn to live with their flaws and peculiarities, that's what makes them special. The option to respec companion's would detract from immersion by making companions feel less 'real', and make them more replaceable by self made adventurers.

Why not just offer the best of both worlds then and put it in as a non-default option in the game menus. Maybe even make it not available while in expert mode or something.

Problem is there is nothing like living with flaws and peculiarities. Stats dont have impact on your companions outside the combat. Thats the point of respec idea, you can have both - unique character and strong combat character at once.

Really? That sucks man...Maybe I have to think twice about starting a new playtrough... What a shame...

Can anyone confirm this?

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Maybe instead of the full respec for companions they should just offer their banter packages for adventurers -   :no:  :p

Quoting for the truth!!! TRUTH!!!

Seriously you guys are over stating this.  If you care about story and lore, go with the story companions.  People have SOLOD path of the damned, you can certainly clear it with a party of companion characters regardless of your ability to change their stats or make Kana not summon skeletons.  If you care more about total party control and min maxing.... just hire adventurers at the inn.  That is literally what they are there for.

• Like 4

I don't get the argument that NPC attributes have to be set in stone because it somehow wouldn't be realistic to let you alter them, in a game with an unlimited stash and a fixed capacity of 4 camping supplies no matter how many or few people are in your party.  Just to be clear, I like the idea of an unlimited stash and a camping-supply cap, but it seems odd that these highly unrealistic design decisions are deemed acceptable but attribute alterations are not, especially when attribute respecs would simply bring the in-game NPCs up to par with inn-created hirelings.

Perhaps the weirdest thing about this is that, on at least a couple of occasions, the devs have talked about designing the game in such a way that players wouldn't have to choose between combat power and noncombat utility (for example by separating skills from attributes).  Yet without full respec, players are currently required to make exactly that choice -- either keep subpar NPCs for their out-of-combat banter/stories or else generate hirelings who are stronger in battle but mute outside of it.  

• Like 1

It indeed does.

I had Manega (that barbarian woman) in my party for a while yesterday.  Her character seemed fine, though I just don't know how to get the most out of barbarians.  The one thing that bothered me about her was her voice.  It just seemed ... wrong .... to me.  Given the size of Aumaua, it feels wrong that she doesn't have a deeper voice.  (Deeper for a woman, that is, of course.)  She sounded too sweet and kinda, sorta petite.  It was a little off-putting to me, same as I find Sagani's (complete lack of an) accent off-putting because as I've said in the past, it seems far too "American" and not nearly foreign enough.  OTOH, Pallegina's accent is absolutely wonderful in its foreignness.  Understandable, yet foreign and exotic.

Regardless, it's nice to have Companions to cover every class finally.  I just wish that they'd (all) been findable closer to the start of the storyline.  Maybe the rogue most of all.

Lol. I'm totally with you :). Most voices are way to "normal" for characters that are more "otherworldly". It's like a random guy voiced a "very specific and non "eathly" one with a random voice. And in the end, i strongly felt this "too American" thing all the game long. "Wanna see, gonna go", and so on. Even Eder seems to have a close relationship with some films with Clint Eastwood... Pallegina is indeed one of the very few character whose voice is "believable" to me.

And all this is probably why i don't like voice acting in games. Ones like New Vegas may be ok (because of the setting), but all this u.s. thing feel nothing like fantasy to me.

• Like 1