BUG: A return to court+Bleakhollow Bandits attack

Mygaffer

Question

I received a prompt of an attack on my stronghold by the Bleakhollow Bandits as I was returning to Caed Nua to talk to the messenger for the task "A return to court". I ignored this attack as I had 4 days, 6 hours to resolve it. I then spoke with the messenger, went to the Charred Barrel, bribed Captain Emery, and headed back to my keep.

I then pacified the mob with 1000cp. I went inside, spoke with the Marshall about the attack and then rested at Caed Nua with the Tower bonus. I then manually resolved the attack from the Bleakhollow Bandits. Killed them, and when the battle was over the angry mob had returned along with the Marshall. I can't speak with them. I tried going outside of the Great Hall before initiating battle but it made no difference.

I then killed the angry mob and the Marshall, and went back into the Great Hall. The Marshall is still there and friendly. I exit and while the mob is not there anymore I can hear the audio for them.

Right now I've reloaded to an earlier point before the mob spawns and will resolve the attack, hopefully that clears up this bug for me, but something to look into.

Thanks.

I tried to upload a save game but the file was too large.

13 answers to this question

^ try dropbox for the save

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think this was reported before, but I have the same problem and a save can be found in

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjgoizn0a43u1hd/019207729c5e45b1bcb6603a47c0bb33%2017106986%20GreatHall.savegame?dl=0

For me the bribed group in the Charred Barrel is still there and noninteractable as well, you might check that out to see if it is the same for you.

After having a fight with bandit just before the entrance of Cad Nua keep, the games reload but with

* the peasants mob (unable to interact with)

* the marshall although I already fought in yenwood, he speaks of my army and of the fight... (before the keep, not in the hall)

They don't disappear after leaving and reentering the field

More like 3.02? ;)

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Updated today to patch 3.01

Seems like thing are worst.

Not only the mob is still there, but the possibility to start dialog is bugged.

White march - > Russet wood -> not able to start dialog with the spirit on SW corner and not able to start dialog with the undead group leader W of map.

The dialog baloon appears, but nothing is happening when I click.

Another new bug when updating from 3.0 to 3.01.

A each map entrance, the interface open up to say the caed Nua intendant has a letter for me.

But there is no letter. As if the white march extension  letter, already read is show as read and unread in the same time (unread for the message, read for the dialog with intendant)

hope it helps

Aarik, quick question: captain Emery and her goons remain at the Charred Barrel like the crowd remains in front of Caed Nua, but I don't recall seeing it mentioned. Is that also fixed for 3.02?

On an unrelated note, are you privy to the current patch roadmap? How many more patches can we reasonably expect after 3.02?

Thanks!

Hi, didn't want to create a new topic because I found this one and it relates to the bug showing in my game.

I pacified the mob with some money and they went away. However, the audio is still there, like there was an invisible mob in front of the door. I had 3.02 when it happened and it continues with 3.03.