Can we get bit more options please?

The stealth status thing might be tough since some folks will want their thieves to stay stealth mode as long as possible to get in a backstab.

I'd like to see autoswitching of weapons since I'm a lazy bastard, but it would be tough because a lot of my characters have ranged as the secondary set.  That also means if you don't know what you're going to fight before the battle, you might not have a melee (or ranged if the character is a ranged guy) switchable weapon in your other slot.  Kind of makes you tempted to use the extra weapon feat or play one of those shark blokes.  But I think it would be tough to implement the auto weapon switching.  Auto removing the stealth, though, that would screw over folks using one of the class features.

• Like 1

bother?

For turning off stealth, I assigned a hot key (I use "Y" but that's arbitrary) to exit stealth for the selected characters. You can quickly pause, select all characters, hit Your hot key, and be on your way. It would be nice to have it be done automatically if you want it, but this is an easy work around.

This ain't no option to toggle but I wonder...

Why there are no characters sitting inside inns? Lord Raedrics sits on his throne since 1.0, so does The Watcher sit in Caed Nua since 3.0 so why nobody is sitting in them inns - they just stand there, like it would be the best thing to do while drinking ale. Some characters were sitting in Baldur's Gate, so maybe in Pillars of Eternity this could happen too. I mean, there are already two characters doing that, but could be more. The latest medical studies prove that sitting is not best position for your spine, I know. It is important to understand that back pain is a symptom of a medical condition, not a diagnosis itself and there should be more standing, lying down. But I think people in Eora don't know that yet.

TL;DR

Sitting characters, anyone?

• Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Something else that isn't really an option, but I feel like should be in the game, is a timer for the item summons - which as far as I can tell there isn't. It would make combat that little bit more manageable, as you could potentially time your second summon perfectly so you have a constant stream of them - or at the very least you're not caught short when you think you have time to squeeze in the animat's healing but just miss out.

I'm all for a toggle for "go out of stealth when combat starts". I find myself often fumbling with the pause button and uncussessfully trying to get my tanks out of stealth and trying to get them to rush ahead and engage the enemy further away from the casters, and failing because they are stuck in stealth mode.

• Like 1

Scaling option for completionists that go into Act III at level 14+ with endgame equipment.

(Current scaling for Act III is too mild in that case.)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1. ("=") Select all -> (Alt) toggle stealth. I often forget to disable stealth before combat starts, but this does it pretty fast.

2. You can bind this to a function key as far as I know. Autoswitching weapons runs the risk of the other weapon performing worse, or be tactically inappropriate - switching to a ranged weapon will break engagement, and sometimes you really would rather keep an enemy engaged, even with an ineffective weapon. Being engaged from two sides provides the Flanked status effect of -10 Deflection. Also, imagine as a result of some status effect, the enemy becomes temporarily suceptible to the weapon you autoswitched. I think the game preforming such actions automatically can do more harm than good.

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Example 1: Remove all stealth status when combat starts (I´m used to this way and is a lot of pain to remove stealth manual) 1.06, combat style

In meantime you can ease your pain by using hotkeys. I have ctrl-a for select all. And then just "B", to exit from stealth. Or you could create control groups (ctrl-1, ctrl-2, etc) Edited by MaxQuest

Customizable party AI(like in dragon age origins). I have no hope for it to be in this game tho, maybe for PoE 2.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I just started a new PotD playthrough, and as I was tweaking the AI options for my party, I thought to myself, "man, I really miss the Tactics system from DA:O". It was perfect for the less challenging, less critical encounters - after spending a fair amount of time fine-tuning the party tactics, in combat you could pretty much just sit back and let the party handle the combat on their own. It made some of the less significant battles much less taxing to undertake.

• Like 1

1. ("=") Select all -> (Alt) toggle stealth. I often forget to disable stealth before combat starts, but this does it pretty fast.

The thing is, my game refuses to un-stealth my dudes when I unpause and hit Alt with the whole party selected. No idea why but it takes a lot of pausing, unpausing and fumbling until it sorts itself out.