What the hell is he smoking??

What the hell is this guy thinking??

By:Visceris-For all those of you who thinks Star Wars KOTOR2 will be good think again because all of the past games that black isle have worked on in the past were mostly overrated and were not as fun as people thought they were.

There will be no change in Obsidian's habit of making bad games and there is no reason to think why they will change now because after all they haven't proven anything to us yet so don't get your hopes up.

But this is just conjecture and if you have any arguments to present to show that Obsidian will make Star Wars KOTOR2 live up to the premise of Bioware's KOTOR I would like to hear your arguments and discussion.

By:Visceris-What I consider to be a good game... hmm, I would say Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 because they were obviously very good games and I have yet to see anything coming close to being as good as them. Bioware really dissapointed me with Neverwinter Nights and although it regained its name in my opinion with KOTOR it was still never as good as the two Baldur's Gate games which I would rate around 95%. Icewind Dale and the sequel were never as good and I have always pointed out to Sawyer that I didn't think his games were good but he could never accept criticism.

I am not trying to be rude but I am trying to criticize Feargus before he repeats his mistakes with this game and I doubt he will listen to me even though I know about these things now much more than I ever did before. *shrug*

Is he stupid or what. BG1 and 2 were good games but ugh way too short for my taste.

Now if im not mistakin ughhh BG1 and 2 were made by Black Isle and he's sayin how good they are and ugh dissin Kotor2 someone needs their ass kicked.

They were not "made" by Black Isle. They were "published". Black Isle being the crpg division of Interplay

Edit: Well, I hope I got that one right...

A small but profound difference :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There is only one BG series. And it's definitely not the Baulders Gate series.

And no, they didn't have the same storyline. Sorry. :wacko:

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

...OK, first, yer an idiot...second, BG an' SoA were developed by BIOweenia, published by BIS...third, yer an idiot...fourth, please go back ta the BIOweenia Boards an', hopefully, rot there...fifth; well, ye gits the picture... :wacko:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Different people, different tastes. Some like apples, some like oranges, I like caviar, so I prefer the old BIS games over the Bioware games. Variety is good. Otherwise we would all be stuck with pacman still :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

all of the past games that black isle have worked on in the past were mostly overrated and were not asfun as people thought they were.

I really like the way he completely disregards other peoples opinion like that. He's basically saying "Other people can't really like those games because I think they suck and I'm always right.".

Way to go. :wacko:

1-lol im no idiot I didnt type that s***. 2-Bioware and BIS make awesome games. and 3-SWKOTOR2 will rock.

...yea, yer right...YOU R0X0RZ, 1337 d00d... :wacko:

...somebody git the slobberin' teenybopper some Ridilin, quick-like... ;)

...imagine the possibilities.

...I'd really rather not...I'd ask ye fer the sake o' all Humanity ne'er ta breed, but somehow I canna e'er imagine that'll be a problem... :wacko:

Dude, it's Visceris. What d'you expect?

And... if you really are going to college....

Gosh, I fear for the next generation. Or the current generation, or whatever. Don't they at least require that you can communicate in coherent English to graduate from highschool anymore?

Actually if I recall correctly, that wasn't really Visceris. That was someone masquerading and posting as he thought Visceris would post. The real Visceris is known as Hades One on this forum. So I take any of those earlier posts by "Visceris" with a grain of salt. ;)

Still this guy needs his ass kicked I have no doubt in my mind that Kotor2 will smoke the entire Baulders Gate series. Why hmm because every Baulders gate series has almost the same exact storyline.

Considering their were only two of them and the storyline in both seemed pretty different to me I don't agree. Besides, KOTOR wasn't better than BG2 and I doubt KOTOR2 will be. As time went on, BioWare's ability to create more marketable games that sell more has gone up but the quality of their storylines has gone down. However, Obsidian is making KOTOR2 with the lead design of PST being the lead designer so it may be better but the use of the same game engine with no major differences in the engine or in the rules implementation has made me wary.

LOL The guy thinks the BG series was "too short" LOL That's like the ony time I've heard that complaint levied at either BG1, or BG2. LOL

That opinion right there makes his opinions not worthy of being taken seriously.

Of course, he claims that the Bg series was too short; but I gues KOTOR1 was just long enough and KOTOR2 which will probably be about the same length will be of perfect length too. LOL

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually if I recall correctly, that wasn't really Visceris. That was someone masquerading and posting as he thought Visceris would post. The real Visceris is known as Hades One on this forum. So I take any of those earlier posts by "Visceris" with a grain of salt. ;)

Well if it's someone else he really did his homework. Vis criticisms of Sawyer are spot on.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Oh. My. God. This forum is sucking more and more...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Stop the personal attacks.

BG2 can be played through rather quickly, same with BG. However, if you are thorough and do side quests etc, the game becomes a very good length. the replayablitiy of the game is also something that many games miss out on.

Oh. My. God. This forum is sucking more and more...

only if we let it ;-) as I see it threads like these should just be allowed to die a slow death. So me suggestion is don't post and the attention craving people that post the threads and like to flame will soon lose interrest, and our world would be a better place

*starts singing Imagine*

Stop the personal attacks.

...where'd be the fun in that???... :)