Graze (x0.5) 10 Raw Damage Affliction?

Skirge01

Question

I had this posted in the general forum, since I didn't think it was a bug, but now I'm thinking it might be.  While I can't reproduce it, I do have the saved games from both before and after.  They're about an hour apart (real time), unfortunately.

Anyhow, there's this white box next to Durance, like he has an affliction.  You can see the effect in the 2nd image:

post-49053-0-52081600-1456252276_thumb.jpg  post-49053-0-53084300-1456252282_thumb.jpg

I've camped twice and rested at an inn once with zero change to Durance's status.  His health and endurance are at max.  At an inn, I swapped Durance with another NPC and the white box went away, seemingly fixing the issue.

Finally, here are the saved games:

Before affliction:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rimt3gm0yzadvp6/82c73861fd2444259c74a291ec9de281%2012753423%20GreatHall.savegame?dl=0

After affliction:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a677h1nqg7ax2zb/82c73861fd2444259c74a291ec9de281%2012879714%20MagransFork.savegame?dl=0

UPDATE:  I've edited the post--deleting the irrelevant parts--because I originally blamed some of Durance's stats on the white box bug, but found out that the stats were unaffected.  To the best of my knowledge, the post is now 100% accurate.

Edited by Skirge01

8 answers to this question

Unfortunate to see no reply at all on this, because I have I think the same issue in one of my characters. I'm not sure what it is, but I have two flash white icons in the buff/debuff bar showing 20 Raw Damage debuffs.

RYeahjp.png

I don't know what's causing it, but I can't find any way to remove it and I don't know if it's affecting my character in any way either (doesn't look like it)

While I do hope they get it fixed, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.  First, as you noted, it doesn't seem to have any effect on your characters.  Second, as I wrote above, I was able to get rid of the boxes with relative ease.  Did that method not work for you?

EDIT:  Since I can't edit the original post, here's the workaround for this issue:

WORKAROUND:  At an inn (or the Stronghold, most likely), swap the "white box" character with another NPC and the white box should away when you swap the original character back in.

Edited by Skirge01

Psychic Backlash leaves that square. I could repro 100% of the times when fighting the bounty in Cilant Lis; Durance would get hit by Psychic Backlash systematically when trying to cast Painful Interdiction and the icon would stick after the battle ended. Saving and reloading would turn the icon into a white box.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Unfortunately I have already overwritten that save :( If nobody else can provide one, I'll try to load an older save and get to that point over weekend. From there, reproducing the issue is very easy.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus