Best item to use the Helwax Mold on? (Spoilers probably)

Well, I tested the ring of searing flames again an now it works. Maybe it was a bug introduced in 3.01 and was fixed in 3.02...

PS. In the previous patch I got multiple rings from raedric's keep because I was planning to use them with Persistence and I was really disappointed when they didn't work. Finally I postponed my playtrough because even the Stalker Torc was bugged and it didn't work (now it works too).

Edited by Kaylon

Right! I also experienced the bug with Stalker's Torc. But here (like with the things I mentioned above) it helped me when I unequipped, reequipped and then saved and reloaded.

Same with Blood Testament and so on. Even Turning Wheel. There seems to be (or have been) a bug where the game doesn't trigger or catch events properly or they get overriden. I also have problems with all modals: when I hit them (or multiple of them) while the game is paused most of the time (once I unpause) the icon/button in the action bar will have that sparkling border but the actual effect of the modal is not switched on (no mini icon beside my char portrait, no active effect when you look at the char sheet). Triggering modals while the game is unpaused works like it should though. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

After reworking my party of 6 based on beta patch, I'm going with purgatory + TUB for rogue and using the mold to duel wield the fire saber for 6 deathblows fireballs/rest in my 2nd weapon slot.

Would it be better to save the mold for something else? The only good thing about the fire sabre is the three casts per day of fireball.

You can grab the wand and the staff that have fireball casts and just use them in your other slot for the fireball and then swap to you main weapons. Unless you intend to cast more than one fireball per battle. Just need to cycle through them after each battle.

• Like 1

You can still do that and have 10 direballs per rest this way. You can't have too many fireballs. ;)

I recently made a wizard with 17 possible fireballs per rest and 1 per encounter - and it's just hilarious.

edit: "direballs" ROFLMAO. Makes me think of Buttercut, Rodriguez and Wuthering Strike again...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

You can still do that and have 10 direballs per rest this way. You can't have too many fireballs. ;)

I recently made a wizard with 17 possible fireballs per rest and 1 per encounter - and it's just hilarious.

"Minor blights are for pussies !"

Direballs ? Sounds cool !

"Ah ah aj" the typo demon laughs again.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

With Rogue and Barby upgrades I have revamped my current MC dual wield Rogue and Maneha fighting combo. I am thinking of using the mold on Shod in Faith boots in order to have a double tandem of healing side by side. Rogue is a Stilletto critter while Maneha will dual either Bittercut/Ravenwing with Corrode Lash or Cladhaliath stunner/Diel..... Club. Both with tons of speed.

Does a Shod boots duo fighting team seem viable. Am I overlooking something?

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

If you tend to attack one enemy with two guys it's not that bad (like when you flank). +4 ACC and +25% damage is nice to have. But Spirit of Decay will only give you +5% corrode damage for the lash while it would give you +20% on Bittercut's base damage plus 5% for it's lash. So I don't think you need Spirit of Decay if you use Ravenwing. Or wait... does it also do corrode damage now?

Ah - now I understand. You're going to dual wield Bittercut + Ravenwing? But why those two? They are not in the same weapon group. Bittercut + Bleak Fang would make more sense or not? They share the same weapon focus and on-crit Touch of Rot's initial damage would profit from Spirit of Decay (and from Deathblows I guess).

Bleak Fang is a Stiletto. Was thinking that would be part of my MC Rogue weapon sets. Pallegina will help Maneha with ACC with Coordinated Attacks So I wasn't worried about the different weapon grouping. Kana in White Crest Armor pulling Frost Drake Ambassador duty with White Spire and summons support via items and Chanter abilities and Aloth dropping Chill Fogs all around him. Durance in support.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I keep tweaking my 6 party am going to squeeze in more stats instead clone the 4 INT ring for 20% duration and 24% AoE.

Spellblade-esque rogue is going to take more Lore to deathblows ray of fire and barrage of missiles. With the +3 lore ritual scroll, can cast maelstrom . . .

• 10 months later...

Sure. You can get Cladhaliath after Act II, when you travel to Twin Elms, even if you didn't join the Dozens. The dungeon is open for everybody then.

Maybe you can get Shame or Glory if you kill Clyver (head of the Cr. Knights). That would mean that you don't have to joind the Knights. Since you can also kill Wenan (head of the Dozens) in order to get Cloudpiercer that might work, but I never tried it with Clyver. If it works you could actually get Cladhaliath + Shame or Glory while joining house Doemenel.

Edited by Boeroer