NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

oh, also

what the hell, packers

even while aaron rodgers was injured and gimpy the entire game, you absolutely and totally trashed the seahawks, ruining their "always within 10 points" streak that they'd had going on for the last like 3-4 years or so (that actually used to be "within 7 points" before the seahawks-packers game last year)

I don't know what the hell kind of team the Packers are at all, really

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I think the Giants win is a positive for the Packers.  I base that mainly on the belief that you were never going to catch them for the 5 seed anyway, neither was any other team besides maybe Tampa Bay/Atlanta (whichever team doesn't win that division).  I think the Packers' ceiling is 6 seed, if you can't catch Detroit for the division title, and the Giants winning doesn't really change anything with that because I believe the Giants are going to wind up the 5 seed (assuming the Cowboys don't self destruct down the stretch and give the division away).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's actually true. It's difficult to get the #6 seed even if we do win out (but don't get the division), never mind the #5 seed, so yeah.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

For Packers to win the division:

Packers win out while Lions also lose to either the Giants or the Cowboys.

Packers win 2/3 remaining games (must include @Lions) while the Lions lose out and while the Vikings win only 2/3 of their remaining games (even if one of their wins is over the Packers, this would not give them the division due to a three-way tie and three-way sweep and thus head-to-head being rendered useless for determining the division winner: Packers would take the division with a 4-2 divisional record vs. the Lions' and Vikings' inferior 3-3).

For Packers to win a wild card:

Packers must win out and Buccaneers must lose to the Cowboys.

It gets a lot more complicated if the Lions beat both the Cowboys and the Giants (but not the Packers) and the Buccaneers also beat the Cowboys, but only a very extreme and highly implausible set of circumstances would make the Packers NOT go to the playoffs if they just win out. Basically, the Packers just need to win out in order to go to the playoffs, whether as a division champion or as a wild card. Division champion seems the more likely of the two, given that the Lions must beat both the Cowboys and Giants at their respective stadiums.

Edited by Bartimaeus

volourn, once again, i am holding you personally responsible for the giants' performance today: please destroy the lions

i will also be holding keyrock personally responsible for the cowboys today. if the cowboys lose to the buccaneers, it's off with your head

and finally, i will ALSO be holding myself personally responsible for the packers today. if the packers lose to the freaking BEARS, i will be committing ritual suicide while livestreaming on youtube*

thank you all for your efforts, let's go get 'em

*not really

well, maybe, actually

Edited by Bartimaeus

Giants' offensive coaching calling absolutely friggin' sucks. If we lose in playoffs it is gonna be the coache's fault. It is like the coach enjoys going 3 and out all the time. FFS

And, stop giving credit to the defensive coach too. It is clear the GM deserves credit for his player purchases. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I very nearly had to commit ritual suicide live on youtube, so I understand and sympathize with your pain

hey, at least we both won, right?

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

It was closer than I would have liked, but a win is a win.  The Cowboys now essentially have a magic number of 1.  Any Cowboys win or Giants loss gives us the division and the 1 seed as no other team besides the Giants can get to 12 wins in the NFC.

garrett.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Congratulations! Now pray you don't meet the Giants, seemingly your Achille's heel, in the playoffs. If the Packers win the North, I suppose it's likely that we'll host the Giants in the first round, isn't it? The Giants seem to always crush the Packers on their way to the Super Bowl...

Part of me kind of hopes we do meet the Giants in the playoffs so that we can avenge our only losses of the season in the sweetest way possible, by sending the G-Men packing.  That's getting ahead of myself, though, we gotta get 1 more win and seal up the division and the 1 seed first.  That will make sure we get to play all our January games in Dallas, which, for the most part (Dallas does see some snow once in a blue moon), takes wacky snow games where anything can happen out of the picture.  We'll meet whoever we meet in the playoffs and see how things go.  

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If Dallas plays Giants in playoffs they should seriously consider playing Romo. Otherwise, stick with the rookie even though I personally think as good as Dallas is they'd be even better if they played their better QB.

Also, I laugh at the NFL 'expertts' (not here but on NFLK.com) who seem to find ways to bash Eli no mater what. Good pass %, no turnovers, 2TDs yet they still trash him this week when they win. Haha.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I find it justice that the Redskins will miss the playoffs as a result of such a sorry showing...the same reason that I lost my fantasy playoffs. It's only fair.

• Like 1

Well, because Eli Manning can't bloody stop overthrowing Beckham in the end zone, the Cowboys have clinched the #1 seed in the NFC!

WOOT!  Thanks to the Iggles the Cowboys are now the NFC East champs and the #1 seed.  Our 2 remaining games are now meaningless to us.  If it was up to me I'd play the first team for 3/4 of the game this week and 1/2 the game in week 17.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

WOOT!  Thanks to the Iggles the Cowboys are now the NFC East champs and the #1 seed.  Our 2 remaining games are now meaningless to us.  If it was up to me I'd play the first team for 3/4 of the game this week and 1/2 the game in week 17.

Yeah, I wouldn't rest the team entirely (except for people nursing injuries, of course) because I remember what happened when the Packers did that in 2011 after they clinched the #1 seed...a knockout punch in the divisional because the team was too rusty from not playing and couldn't recover from it in time to save the season.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Luckily for you, Barty, you don't necessarily need the Cowboys to beat the Lions on Monday (though, I'm sure, it would be nice).  If the Packers win their last 2 games then they win the division, regardless of what happens to the Lions this week.

I think the NFC playoffs are going to be:

1. Cowboys
  2. C-Hox
  3. Falcons
  4. Packers
  5. G-Men
  6. Bucs

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, the Cowboys beating the Lions means the Vikings-Packers game is meaningless, which is good, because Rodgers has really struggled against them the last couple of times, so I'm not one hundred percent confident that we'll win. If the Lions win against the Cowboys...I would guess that the Lions will make a wild card over the Buccaneers, and it will make this Saturday game crucial for the Packers.

On one hand, I'm happy the Browns didn't go 0-16...especially seeing as how that honor is still reserved for just the Lions.

On the other hand...

As a Browns fan, I was kind of hoping for 0-16.  If we're going to be this bad, at least we could be historically bad.  Still, if we were going to win a game, the only better team to beat would have been the Cowboys (sorry Manifested, I just hate Philip Rivers.  I've never been able to shake the idea that he's a massive a-hole.)

I was really hoping Raiders would be good in the playoffs, and that the Titans would win the AFC South. Earlier in the season, I said "at least I have the Raiders to look forward to"...alas, no more. ...But at least the Packers look like they might be going to the playoffs again, I guess!

The bad news, though, is that the entire AFC looks about ready to collapse in on itself, and offer virtually no challenge for the Patriots getting to the Super Bowl.

So much for a repeat superbowl winner this season. On the positive side, matbe my Boys can get the Donks to give us some draft picks and players for Tony Romo. It makes sense for them. Paxton Lynch ain't ready yet and you ain't winning no superbowl with Siemian, even if your D is still great (not so much tonight).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸