NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

Weirdly, he was never really that good for us, so his sudden development into an elite corner is troubling, to say the least. Either it's a fluke, or our coaches were incompetent: it's pretty unusual for guys to suddenly become *that* much better in their fifth year when on a new team unless the previous team was using them wrong.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Weirdly, he was never really that good for us, so his sudden development into an elite corner is troubling, to say the least. Either it's a fluke, or our coaches were incompetent: it's pretty unusual for guys to suddenly become *that* much better in their fifth year when on a new team unless the previous team was using them wrong.

Or that new team is the Patriots.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I said "unless the previous team was using them wrong", didn't I? :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Just a few more hours before we see whether or not the Packers are all but eliminated from the playoffs, guys...and even if they win, then it'll be pretty much the same thing every week for the next five weeks. Can't wait.

Well, I guess I can take comfort in the fact that we're not the Chargers...although, wait a second, the Chargers actually have more wins than we do. Darn. ...But we don't have an 8-2 team in our division, so yeah, :p

(e): Actually, the Raiders are now 9-2, so that's even worse...

Edited by Bartimaeus

what the heck we did the best against the eagles at home out of every team

cowboys pls i need you to win

Sweet lord almighty, Cowboys, you sure took your sweet time. Gosh dang.

cowboys pls i need you to win

Never thought I'd read those words written by you.  :blink:

Cowboys won a real ugly game tonight, their worst performance of the season, worse even than their week 1 loss to the G-Men.  They shot themselves in the foot again and again and again with fumbles and horrible offensive penalties.  The Vikings D probably had something to do with that, but mostly it was obviously the horrible, ugly color rush uniforms the Boys wore.  The lesson here is that no one should wear color rush uniforms ever, they're terrible and bring nothing but misery to anyone who is associated with them.

A win is a win and I'll take it.  We really needed that win to ensure at least a 2 game lead heading into the critical game against the G-Men a week and a half from now.

Out of courtesy for our fellow Obs Forums members I will break my weekls Jerry Jones picture tradition and post a Jason Garret pic instead this week:

511cd7c4e4c05.image.jpg

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why's that? I don't have that much against the Cowboys...especially compared to most Packers fans. I don't take rivalries, current or historic, *too* seriously (this is all just a game and entertainment, after all), and the Cowboys almost certainly have the #1 seed locked down - the #2 at least. The Vikings, on the other hand, are competing for the division and/or a wildcard while the Packers are playing catch-up. This week isn't even the most important: the Lions@Cowboys is even more so, so please win there, too!

Also, thank you for sparing my sight. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

the Cowboys almost certainly have the #1 seed locked down - the #2 at least

The Boys are in a weird spot where they're almost certainly either going to be a 1 seed or a 5 seed.  The G-Men are the closest team to catching them and if they do that drops Dallas down all the way to 5 seed, that's why this win against the Vikes was so important, because if we went into next week with only a 1 game cushion, the G-men could take the division lead with a win.  With this win we will have at minimum a 2 game cushion and a win basically wins us the division and the 1 seed while a loss means we're still in 1st place but sweating it out the rest of the season.  With that in mind, Pittsburgh, do us a favor and knock the Giants off please, pretty pretty please, with a cherry on top.  Also, I hope we get Mo Claiborne back by next week's game.  Getting Barry Church back helped our extremely thin defensive backfield, which isn't all that great even at full strength, but we desperately need Mo back too.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That's...true, I guess. I guess I've kind of taken the Cowboys winning at least 3/5 of their last games for granted, but that's not how football works, is it? Well, there's 1/5 so far.... Please defeat the Lions next, :wub:

Edited by Bartimaeus

That's...true, I guess. I guess I've kind of taken the Cowboys winning at least 3/5 of their last games for granted, but that's not how football works, is it? Well, there's 1/5 so far.... Please defeat the Lions next, :wub:

I hope we do.  The one piece of bad news for you is that we don't play the Lions until week 16 and there's a chance that we will have nothing left to play for at that point in the season, so the Lions may be playing against the Boys 2nd stringers for half the game.  To that end, I would expect you to root for the G-Men next week since a Dallas loss means they'll have to play hard the rest of the season while a win means they can start resting guys a bit.

Of course, the Pack need to take care of business this week for any of that to matter.  Who y'all playin'?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I just wanted to take a moment to honor and thank the real hero

Thank you Keyrock.

Thank you for not posting a Jerry Jones picture this week. I was starting to have really weird dreams and not good weird either but rather twisted nightmares of dark eldritch horrors that were slowly driving me mad.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I hope we do.  The one piece of bad news for you is that we don't play the Lions until week 16 and there's a chance that we will have nothing left to play for at that point in the season, so the Lions may be playing against the Boys 2nd stringers for half the game.  To that end, I would expect you to root for the G-Men next week since a Dallas loss means they'll have to play hard the rest of the season while a win means they can start resting guys a bit.

Of course, the Pack need to take care of business this week for any of that to matter.  Who y'all playin'?

Hosting Texans...then hosting the Seahawks...

Now Texans, we SHOULD be able to handle...but we do have probably the worst secondary in the league, so maybe that's when Brock Osweiler and Hopkins finally look good: wouldn't surprise me. Seahawks, on the other hand...

volourn i'm holding you personally responsible for the giants today

Well.. A chance for the Division win just went down the toilet. Giants O needs to get better for sure.  They do well but they can't seem to get the big ones forcing Eli to force  throws he doesn't want to make.  We can still try to put Dallas on notice next week.

I knew going in this would be hard game to face PIT in PIT but COME ON. This game should be closer with the oppurutnities we've had.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dallas' road to the #1 seed just got that much easier.  Not gonna pop the champagne just yet since crazy, wacky stuff could still happen, but that game in East Rutherford next week just became significantly less important for the Boys, though still quite important for the G-Men.  Now, would it be too much to ask for a C-Hox loss later tonight?  Yeah, it's probably too much to ask for...  I'm going to ask for it anyway.

Elsewhere in the league, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers now lead the NFC South.  It felt weird to type that.  Also, the Skins' lost helping out the handful of other teams fighting for the last wild card spot, like Barty's Packers.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yes, I was hoping the Chargers would win...and I was obviously hoping for the Cardinals' win. Buccaneers and Falcons and Redskins all being ahead of the Packers makes it much harder to get there, especially with the Lions soundly beating the Saints today, and the Giants soundly losing. I pray that at least one of the Cowboys and Giants beat the Lions...Giants should at least be trying, even if the Cowboys aren't.

Edited by Bartimaeus

They were crazy in that entire second half. What was it, 9-28...game ends 38-28? Goodness gracious. I'm so glad the Raiders are my AFC/second team...so much fun. Also, Carr has a pretty legit shot at getting MVP this year if this continues...especially with Matt Ryan fading down the stretch, as he always does when he begins the year so brilliantly...

Edited by Bartimaeus

Manifested, I'm here for you if need somebody. :(

• Like 1

Volourn, I'm holding you personally responsible for the Giants' performance tonight

:wub:

• Like 1

Cowboys finally lost a game after seemingly forever.  I'm not all that surprised, it was bound to happen.  Dak had his worst game of the season and that really bad performance every rookie QB has (usually multiple times) at some point, kinda crazy it took this long.  The Giants D was really stout and they shut our offense down for most of the game.  The Giants offense is still really suspect, relying almost entirely on getting huge plays from Odell, but if their defense plays that well, it can be enough.

Cowboys will still very likely win the division and the 1 seed, but now they have to play hard the rest of the season to make sure.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Actually, I'm still not sure whether the Giants winning is a good thing: on one hand, it makes the Cowboys want to crush the Lions...on the other, it makes a wildcard possibility that much more difficult for the Packers, particularly with so many other teams who have 7 or 8 wins. It was going to be a win-lose situation either which team won, so whatever. :p