NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

What the ... Josh Norman, corner for Washington--Green Bay's next opponent--compared Aaron Rodgers to a wizard. Not just any wizard. Gandalf. Not just any Gandalf. Gandalf the White. The Gandalf who resurrects and reinvents himself following a ferocious protracted battle.

Two things I thought would never intersect, NFL and LOTR.

This season of America's Got Talent featured an act by the Philidelphia Eagles long snapper, as a magician. And hes really good.

Ninth straight win for the NFL leading Cowboys.  The Ravens did a good job of limiting Zeke on the ground (he still rushed for 97 yards), but Dak was spectacular and shredded the Baltimore D en route to a 3 TD 300+ yard day.  At 9-1, we're 99.9% in the playoffs with 6 games left to play.  As always, here's your weekly Uncle Jerry (with bonus Jason Garrett!):

2015_NS_15JERRYJASONPRESSER1_41729886.JP

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, the Packers are donezo. We literally - literally - do not have enough cornerbacks to even play anymore: we're having to use our backup safeties as cornerbacks now. That was easily the worst defensive performance I've seen the Packers put up in the past three or so years.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Wow, very quietly the Buccaneers are having a pretty good season. The are 5-5 and managed to do that only winning one home game. The Florida Gators won yesterday, the Buccaneers today and the Florida Panthers won games both Saturday & Sunday. This was a great weekend. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"pretty good season. The are 5-5"

l0l 5-5 IS literally middle of the road, average, .500, bland, not bad not good, just there, existing, meh.

'Pretty good'. L0L

Grats though on your Panthers beating my Rangers so you got that at least... barely.. and Rangers still have a much better record. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, the Packers are donezo. We literally - literally - do not have enough cornerbacks to even play anymore: we're having to use our backup safeties as cornerbacks now. That was easily the worst defensive performance I've seen the Packers put up in the past three or so years.

Yeah, it seems my faith in the Pack was definitely misplaced.  It mostly stemmed from how overall successful a franchise they've been during the Aaron Rodgers Era.  Green Bay plays in a division that may well wind up with a 9-7 champion, but until we reach week 14 or 15 and things become clearer (by virtue of only a few games remaining) I tend to stick to the 10 wins and you're in rule (there have been years where 10 wins didn't get you in, but that's rare).  The Pack would have to win all their remaining games to get to 10 wins, and I can't see that happening with how they've been playing.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Alright, let's see...

@Eagles, Texans, Seahawks, @Bears, Vikings, @Lions.

Maybe we win three of those six...IF WE'RE LUCKY.  Five of those six? All of them? Aaron Rodgers would have to literally become a Super Saiyan to win all six, because there's just no hope for this defense left, and the rest of the offense is either dead, old, or slow...or a combination of the two or sometimes even three. The chances of playoffs are exceedingly dim at this point.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

"Ninth straight win for the NFL leading Cowboys.  The Ravens did a good job of limiting Zeke on the ground (he still rushed for 97 yards), but Dak was spectacular and shredded the Baltimore D en route to a 3 TD 300+ yard day.  At 9-1, we're 99.9% in the playoffs with 6 games left to play.  As always, here's your weekly Uncle Jerry (with bonus Jason Garrett!):"

Gants are shangin' in there and we got an easy win next week (or we better lol since we LOVE playing with fire. :p).   I know your team will come with fire against us in 33 weeks though since they'll be looking for payback on our field.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Giants are legit and almost certainly a playoff team.  Odell is a monster.  That's definitely going to be a really tough game for the Boys come week 14.  I hope we can keep winning to keep our 2 game cushion in case we lose to the G-Men again.

As an aside, Dak currently has the 3rd highest passer rating in the NFL of QBs that have thrown enough passes to qualify for season stats:

• 123.3 Tom Brady
  • 115.1 Matt Ryan
  • 108.6 Dak Prescott
  • 106.4 Drew Brees
  • 101.2 Matthew Stafford
Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I love/hate watching the Lions. Such a mixture of total incompetence and pure perfection. The "we-have-to-make-this-final-drive-or-we-lose" Lions strike again...

Edited by Bartimaeus

They made it exciting at the end, that's for sure.  I guess it sort of makes up for the second, third, and most of the fourth quarter being pretty boring.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

these halftime shows today are enough to make me want to end my miserable existence

these halftime shows today are enough to make me want to end my miserable existence

I almost never watch the halftime shows, on account of them being utter rubbish 95% of the time. 

As for the game on right now, Washington is moving the ball well, but Dallas' bend but don't break defense is keeping them out of the end zone.  The 2 missed kicks aren't helping the Skins either.  Kirk Cousins is playing really well, it's just not showing on the scoreboard.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, if they had converted those FGs, or turned one of them into a touchdown...

Edited by Bartimaeus

The Skins offense really lit it up in the second half.  Unfortunately for them, by that time the Boys already had a double digit lead and every time they scored Dallas scored right after keeping pace and killing the clock.  This 10th straight win, a franchise record, for all intents and purposes puts Dallas in the playoffs, not that that was really in doubt.  It also effectively eliminated Washington from division title contention.  Also also, this helps all the other teams contending for a wild card spot, like Barty's Packers.  Of course, the Pack would have to take advantage of this Skins loss by ceasing to suck, something I'm not sure they can do.  Skins are a good team, they're going to figure into the wild card picture when the season is over.  Kirk Cousins is going to make himself some money this coming off-season.

Anyway, here's your weekly Jerry:

3000.jpg

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm tempted to put you on block until the end of the season just so I don't have to look at these horrifying images. :skull:

• Like 3

Maybe I'll switch to Jason Garrett pictures to lower the macabre factor a bit.

Pittsburgh shellacked the Colts.  Indy's O line is so awful, I feel like it's been that way forever.  I feel bad for Andrew Luck, who wasn't even playing today.  He's had to play behind that **** O line his whole career and keeps taking a pounding.  They're taking years off his career.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Cowboys got some unexpected help today from the Bucs, of all teams, who beat the C-Hox in a ugly game.  This makes the Boys' path to the 1 seed that much easier, though they have to take care of things in the division first, as the G-Men could still send them all the way down to a 5 seed.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I very, very nearly picked the Buccaneers in my pick'em league this week, due to the various injuries the Seahawks were nursing...but I decided that that would be just plain stupid. Dangit.

Also, I love watching the Raiders.

Yeah, I really thought the Panthers were going to pull one over them after Carr went out and they got two quick TDs...followed by another. But the Raiders survive their little dance with destiny.

That was heartbreaking

For once no heartbreak here today. Felt like a conference championship handing Houston their first home loss of the season. 

Would also like to personally thank Green Bay for letting go Casey Hayward, who now leads the league in interceptions.  

All Stop. On Screen.