NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

I'm generally O.K. with the throwbacks - at least there's some history in them, and something older fans can appreciate...maybe. Color Rush should go straight into the garbage can, though.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm surprised Packers weren't in the "didn't even try" category: our Color Rush uniforms are almost literally just our regular away jerseys...except with white pants. Woo.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Those guys were funny. But no... color rush right to the garbage please. All of them. The Bengals can keep the pants though. And while we're at it, take the Tampa Bay Buccaneers regular uniforms too. I liked the scarlet and pewter of the late 90's and early 2000's much, much, much, better. Come to that I liked the coach and players on those teams a lot better too

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Rothlinsburger tore his meniscus. Not good news for the Steelers.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Personally, I've watched less because the primetime games have all sucked majorly.

I've watched less mostly because having 2 kids in the house leaves me with a lot less free time than I had last season when there was only 1. 

(Also, I've become accustomed commercial-break-free entertainment, and the shame of watching young men ruin their mental and physical health for my entertainment is starting to get to me, at least in that I'm not especially eager to pass this particular hobby on to the boys.)

((Also, the Giants aren't looking good enough to get me all that excited about this season.))

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

The Giants looked pretty good this week Enoch.

I've cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket. The only games I cared about were the Bucs and I can catch that on my XM Radio. And the truth is I'm liking the NFL less and less these days. I really can't put my finger on why though. I've gotten more enjoyment out of following the MLB pennant races and payoffs an the start of the NHL. Of course any sport is more enjoyable when "your team" is doing good.

Thomas Sowell

Those guys were funny. But no... color rush right to the garbage please. All of them. The Bengals can keep the pants though. And while we're at it, take the Tampa Bay Buccaneers regular uniforms too. I liked the scarlet and pewter of the late 90's and early 2000's much, much, much, better. Come to that I liked the coach and players on those teams a lot better too

At least we have the all-white saints color rush uniforms to look forward to.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I read an article today that a survey of NFL revealed that 29% of them were watching less this season, and 40% blame the protests that Kaepernick started.

Which is ridiculous in a game with actual problems like CTE.

I'd rather see the actual broadcast numbers than a survey. That said, I doubt 12-ish% of viewers stopped watching because of Kaepernick. This survey sounds like it was designed to trigger a specific response from the people taking it.

• Like 1

I was going to DVR walking dead and watch the Cards/Seachickens game. At the last minute I decided to go with Dead. It was the right call. That game was a stinker.

Thomas Sowell

The missed field goals were pretty funny, though.

https://streamable.com/18cp

• Like 2

Maybe a little closer and more exciting than I would have ideally preferred, but mah Boys came through in the clutch and won their 6th straight game.  At 6-1 I'm starting to have visions of a potential 1 seed, though that's quite premature at this point. 

As always, enjoy some Jerry Jones **** eatin' grin:

Jerry-Jones-Shoulders-Perked-Up-Hes-Gidd

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

football doesn't make sense

cowboys look to be the closest thing to a complete team* this season, strangely enough. good for seemingly roughly half of the people who post in this thread, I guess.

(edit): *sorry, I meant in the NFC; obviously, the patriots look rather complete as well

Edited by Bartimaeus

Keep Romo on the sidelines and Dallas might go some where this year.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Denver tried that stupid stupid nonsense last season as well.. by the end of the RS they were begging the veteran to take over. Trust me, if DAL wants a real shot at SB  they should go with the vet when he is healthy. It is clear the TEAM is better than last season's team and that would be better served having the vet QB lead them when it matters. 

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I feel pretty confident in saying that Romo is the superior QB, if only he can stay healthy...and if he can't, then he'll be replaced anyways, so that point is rather irrelevant. It was only two seasons ago that he received MVP votes...I personally find the dislike and/or disrespect for him from so many to be a bit unsettling. Yeah, he's infamous for boneheaded mistakes in season-critical situations, but that's football: Brett Favre was the same way, except way more extreme and he did it over a longer period of time...

Pretty sure Jerry knows Prescott/Elliott is the second-coming of Jesus Aikman and Emmitt Christ. Romo won't see another snap until Burfict or Talib either breaks Dak's legs or gouges his eyes out.  

Emmitt with two T's, my bad, sorry #22

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.