NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

What a game. First half was a little lackluster - not too bad, but not that good for an opening game, either - but the second half was great. Too bad about the Broncos hitting Newton in the head so many times - I wanted the Broncos to win, but I started losing sympathy after the second hit (first one looked pretty incidental to me, so I was able to forgive it), and basically didn't care about who won by the third.

Why is Newton the "anti-christ"?

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

lol

Yes, the towel thing is mystifying...but did we even see him do that this game? :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Great game. Denver's new QB made a few errors but the D made that work. It must be especially bitter for Carolina. They played well, it just wasn't enough. But as a Buccaneers fan the outcome works for me.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So I had this idea. I bought four Bose 151 SE Environment speakers and mounted then under the eave of the house facing the front and back yard. Last night I tried them out for the fist time. Oh My God! Bose is awesome! The first song that came on XM's Classic Rewind  channel was Yes, Owner of a Lonely Heart. It sounded like they were in my yard in concert. Well today it's going to sound like the Bucs & Falcons are playing in my yard because now I can catch the game and still get the work I want to do today finished. I LOVE not having neighbors to worry about!

They will hear Gene Deckerhoff all they way to the Hatchee River bend!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bucs 31 Falcons 24. YESSSSS!

Thomas Sowell

the seahawks can't keep getting away with this baloney bullcrap

they just can't

Giants don't choke! Their defense still not good enough. A top QB like Rodgers would have scored 50+ points the way the Ginats D played. And, outside of the last few drives, the Giants running game sucks. THANK GOOD for their ace QB and hattrick of super receivers. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Cowboys lose a nail biter, still it was a positive showing from Dak.  He stayed composed and made plays, both in the pocket and on the run.  Ultimately, it was the Boys inability to finish drives and come away with 7 instead of 3 that did them in.  I'm not expecting much from this season (don't get me wrong, I would prefer if they got wins), so I'm mainly looking to see if Dak can be THE GUY that replaces Tony Romo, who, quite frankly, should really hang it up while he can still walk.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ultimately, I think it was Terrance Williams' fault. :p

Also, what an absolutely fantastic week of football. Genuine nailbiters all around with the exception of just a couple of games.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Ultimately, I think it was Terrance Williams' fault. :p

Also, what an absolutely fantastic week of football. Genuine nailbiters all around with the exception of just a couple of games.

It was stupid of him to not run to the sideline.  That said, it would have been like a 65 yard field goal attempt had he ran to the sideline instead of cutting inside to pick up more yardage.  Dan Bailey has plenty of leg, but that's still a really difficult kick to make.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A last second Hail Mary or ridiculous field goal attempt is better than what he gave you either way, though, :p.

That's what I like to see, my Pats giving the business to those red birded thugs in the desert. Because that's how we do it in Cape Cod ... 2016 will be the thirteenth consecutive season with 12+ wins for the Patriots ... because that's what winners do, we win.

All Stop. On Screen.

That's what I like to see, my Pats giving the business to those red birded thugs in the desert. Because that's how we do it in Cape Cod ... 2016 will be the thirteenth consecutive season with 12+ wins for the Patriots ... because that's what winners do, we win.

Hm...

...Something doesn't seem quite right here...but I can't put my finger on what, exactly...

Oh, of course! The Patriots only went 11-5 and 10-6 in 2008 and 2009, respectively. Silly Patriots fans, not even knowing their own history from only a few years ago. It's like you became a fan just a few days ago! :rolleyes:

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

photo-1.JPG

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Wasn't just a loss by the Chargers, Keenan Allen is lost for the season with an ACL. Prior to that, for the first time in ten years, SD scored a TD in each of their first three possessions, including sophomore Melvin Gordon's first two of his career. After the injury to Allen, the spirit of San Diego evaporated and opposing-team Kansas City achieved their greatest comeback in franchise history, down 24-3, finishing 33-27 in OT. I just wanted to know what it's like not to lose, so I moved to Connecticut for three hours. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Yeah. I remember looking at the scores and being surprised that Chargers were so completely dominating the Chiefs...and then Keenan Allen went down with a non-contact injury (almost always at least bad, often disastrous), and then the entire game went straight to hell in the second half. What an absolute shame.

The Cowboys lose a nail biter, still it was a positive showing from Dak.  He stayed composed and made plays, both in the pocket and on the run.  Ultimately, it was the Boys inability to finish drives and come away with 7 instead of 3 that did them in.  I'm not expecting much from this season (don't get me wrong, I would prefer if they got wins), so I'm mainly looking to see if Dak can be THE GUY that replaces Tony Romo, who, quite frankly, should really hang it up while he can still walk.

What we learned about Prescott yesterday was that the game isn't too big for him, and that he has some athletic skills that transfer effectively to the pro game.  We don't know where his ceiling is, but his floor appears to be at least NFL-backup-quality. 

NYG played the standard "inexperienced QB" defense for much of the first half-- they had their front-7 crash the run game and played their DBs to take away the deep ball.  And Dak did OK-- he took what was given to him (underneath passing) to drive the field.  The Cowboys faltered in the red zone because the D had less ground to cover, the WRs weren't winning their matchups on the outside, and Dak wasn't willing/able to thread the ball into tight spaces.  (That one throw that Bryant couldn't come down with cleanly was a good one, though.)  Also, after halftime, the Giants D got a little more aggressive, which helped prevent more of those long 1st-half drives.  Pierre-Paul, Harrison, and Vernon made Doug Free and La'el Collins look particularly bad. 

RG3 to injury reserve. RIP Browns' season.

I really liked what I saw out of Prescott yesterday. Hes the real deal, imo. But what was going on with #21? Something like .5 yards before contact! And then Morris comes in and glides through holes! Please Jerruh, please....let Prescott play it out and do not under any circumstances put in Sanchez. :no:

The 49ers looked sharp last night. Gabbart may not be a star but he looks like he can be counted not not to make the "big mistake".

Thomas Sowell