NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

Le'Veon Bell was suspended for 4 games for missing a drug test, too.

(e): https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/756528563273158658 + https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/756526008170319872

oddly enough, the fact the victim didn't want medical care would bother Gromnir more than elliot's claims and potential illegal recordings o' phone conversations.  if you were genuine assaulted, then why not go to hospital to get the injury documented?  gonna need more info. 'course the medical care issue is one o' the few situations where our sexism may be shining through.  men who don't seek medical aid when questioned by cops we will sometimes supply a machismo excuse.  tough guy gets his nose broken in a one-sided fight and in front o' a crowd o' people (or his girlfriend) he stoopid refuses medical treatment. we get it.  whereas for a woman we attach a more sinister motive?  bad Gromnir.

and yeah, we saw the dennis green news.  will always recall his post bears game meltdown.  fantastic tv.  

oh well. he will be missed by many.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

First day of camp, woohoo!

tc1a_zpsgd9qyil3.png

dunno. always expected manifested to be, y'know, taller.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

FOOTBALL IS BACK, BABY.

Uh, sort of.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/762113210338058240

"I'm Gonna Ask Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson If I Can Play the First Series Tomorrow Night." -Brett Favre in HoF Induction Speech (yesterday)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Uh, never mind. Apparently, they burned the field or something, so it's been canceled.

RGIII starting for Cleveland ... am predicting a Dutch Renaissance in Ohio. 

Also, I visited a fortune-teller in Old Town and she told me Bosa's continued absence is a blessing, the jinx on a jinx preventing a remarkable 12-4 2016 season.

All Stop. On Screen.

The Bosa holdout is just ridiculous. Why does San Diego have to play hardball with rookie contract language that is totally standard for the 3rd pick of the draft? ...

From what I've read, it's Bosa. He, or his management, wants it all upfront ... the team has offered two installments and won't break precedent, having never paid a player that way.

The fan feeling is that free agency and the draft and the off-season were so productive, Bosa is blotting his own copybook not being here.

Makes me wonder how many high-profile pre-season trades have ever happened.  

All Stop. On Screen.

From everything I've read, it's the Chargers. Literally every other #3 pick since the implementation of the rookie wage scale has gotten what he's asking for (and sometimes more, and players drafted below #3 have gotten what he's asking for - and what he's asking for is either changing when he gets the money, or the offset language, which is perfectly standard for high 1st round picks). He's literally only asking for what all the other players in his position (and many below!) have gotten - I'm sorry, but that's all on the Chargers. Pay him what he wants or lose your #3 overall pick.

In regards to a trade, I believe their ability to trade his signing rights ends either today or tomorrow (e: yep, ends on the 9th). After that, they only have the ability to sign him...and since he can afford to sit out (since his family is in decent financial straits), he seems pretty content to sit out this season so he can re-enter the draft next season. He'd still be drafted highly, particularly seeing as other teams know why a deal didn't get done to begin with.

(e): For the record, Bosa is now the longest holding-out player since the new CBA/rookie wage scale was implemented.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Tim Tebow is going to have a workout for all 30 MLB Teams: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/194521252/tim-tebow-reportedly-to-seek-career-on-diamond/

His natural position is outfield but I heard his throw into the SS from left field was intercepted by the baserunner going to first! :lol:

(You have to know both baseball & Tim Tebow to get that one!)

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I feel sorry for Tebow... he hasn't even had a workout yet and "it" has already started again: http://ballparkdigest.com/2016/08/09/boomers-make-offer-to-tim-tebow/

I'd bet at least 35% of the reason he can't get an NFL job is the circus that follows him around. I'd bet even he wishes it would stop.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

OOORAH! Nothing like sitting in the hot August SoCal sun wearing Charlies.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

OOORAH! Nothing like sitting in the hot August SoCal sun wearing Charlies.

y'know, we actual experienced a wave o' nausea when we thought 'bout hot summer football. reminded us o' two-a-days. is kinda amusing how mere memory can produce physical sensations.

*chuckle*

the one good thing 'bout the cba is it put an end to the old skool coaches toughening up their players during summers.  current practice limits means we got no more jim mora nonsense.  saints summer practices under mora resembled scenes from the old MASH tv show.  many pro football summer practice sites would include a kinda tent triage. depending on how traditional were a coach, you could have a dozen or so guys on military cots hooked up to iv fluid bags... daily. stoopid.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we do not miss summer football. not one bit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/nfl-prepares-to-use-brady-precedent-to-force-cooperation-with-ped-investigation/

"The obvious headline from the letter sent Monday by the NFL to the NFL Players Association regarding the Al Jazeera investigation is that the league has threatened to suspend Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, Packers linebacker Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal if they don’t submit to interviews by August 25. The deeper message comes from the NFL’s use of the precedent created by the Tom Brady suspension, appeal, and litigation to threaten the players with suspension for failure to cooperate with a league investigation."

Players risking perpetual suspensions over substance abuse claims by a third party...when they have repeatedly failed to fail any of their drug tests. Once again, here's hoping for a long lockout come 2020. In the mean time, the two Packers have repeatedly said they're completely fine doing the interviews, it's the NFLPA that's been holding it up, so I am not very worried about them. Nevertheless, what nonsense that you can now risk getting permanently banned from the NFL for claims some random person with no authority and no confirmed connection to the players in question made.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I should send an anonymous note to the NFL claiming all the player swho I feel would inetrvere in my Giants making the playoffs ar eon steroids and see if they get threatened by suspensions. This is asanine. The NFLPA should be ashamed that their poor negotiation skills even gives an opening to such Nazism.

It should be clear cut - only way to suspend a player for banned substances is if they fail the test for the failed substance. PERIOD.

P.,S. I personally believe there should be no banned substances. Only Nazis believe there should be.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Two tons of defense tonight against Arizona. First five series, three three-and-outs and two interceptions--one TD and a 61-yard return.

Also, talks with Bosa have resumed for the first time since July 28. All-Pro Adorable fans react.

allproadorable_zpstpbzebiq.png

All Stop. On Screen.

Hopefully it's resolved soon...

Based on announcements today, it seems extremely unlikely that Bosa will ever be a Charger.

Edited by Bartimaeus