Also any enemy Monks that know Skyward Kick.

Curious, considering how the ability was pegged as lackluster when it was revealed.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Curious, considering how the ability was pegged as lackluster when it was revealed.

Its mainly annoying since the knockback messes with positioning and the Prone it inflicts can last for quite a good amount of time.

I'm sure the ability isn't very good on PC Monks, but it is very annoying on enemies.

possible explanation: the player character and his party can be devastated by prolonged prone, but seeming  1/4-1/3 o' foes in the game is immune to prone and knockbacks.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The monks in the Abbey of the Fallen Moon currently: mobility + disables + interrupts from taking damage have been doing a number on my back line.

Those were the specific Monks I was referring to. Glad I'm not alone in this ^^

As am I :)

I'd call Rooting Pain and Flagellant's Path the really nasty combo: bypassing the front line completely is already one of my least favorite things to deal with, and my instinct, honed on countless shades, is to immediately burn down enemies that try it. In the case of the monks, that resulted in my PC Cipher being stunlocked and killed by Rooting Pain plus the monk's melee damage  :blink:. After that, I started prioritizing them as disable targets and, when they get through, making sure to reposition to a safe place before hitting them.

Wolves because they're boring trash mobs?

It's hard to complain about difficulty when people are soloing POTD.  Like if you just get better tactically, anticipate the mob or the dragon leap barbarian, you can do much better vs it.

I was very pleased to see that white march was shaking the formula a lot more than the base game.  More stuff like Barbs Monks Wizards that throw a different curveball at you than "human enemy with sword/bow doing DPS"

Dank Spores in particular have never been an issue, just pause the game more often and cast the right priest spells.  

Edited by Urthor

Dank Spores in particular have never been an issue, just pause the game more often and cast the right priest spells.

They were more annoying back when the Prayer spells only raised defenses instead of making you immune.

I'll admit they're less of a headache nowadays, although those Dank Spores in the catacombs are still annoying since you won't have Prayer against Confusion.

Edited by Wolken3156

They were more annoying back when they're Prayer spells only raised defenses instead of making you immune.

I'll admit they're less of a headache nowadays, although those Dank Spores in the catacombs are still annoying since you won't have Prayer against Confusion.

Oh what.  I forgot that was a change, yea that makes sense 

I only just started a PotD run, so I might end up having other stuff that jumps out at me, but the only fight on hard that really got me was the Adra Dragon.  I spared the Sky Dragon both finished runs, so I don't know how hard she'd be.  That great white dragon in WM1 isn't so bad, but the Adra Dragon was a real bitch.  It took me like ten tries or something to off her and then, when I did, it was because of a series of lucky rolls so I didn't even have any of my party down at the end of the battle.

bother?

Ogre druids!

Yes! 

They are really annoying! Won't go down fast because of quadrizillion points of endurance, cast Insect Plague on sight, and hit my backline with Stag's Horn all the time. I hate them! 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Healers. Wondered why a Xaurip Champion took 30 seconds of focus fire from my party without going down. Then I realized they're basically small lizard Pallies that spam LoH on themselves and friends. Oh and a Xaurip priest was apparently laying down healing waves on its frontline all the meanwhile.

That feel when you almost have a tough enemy beaten only to see its health jump from one to three pips due to a healing effect...

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

druids always annoy me on sight. Ogre druids especially.

gonna second this.

as much as we hated the early beta beetles and spiders, ogre druids, immediate after 1.06, became a nightmare for us.  in the beta, we were new to the game and frequent didn't know what we were doing.  by june of 2015, we couldn't use inexperience to dismiss over-tough battles. 

with 1.06, there were a glitch or something with plague of insects.  level 3 of the endless paths became, for a time, a comical meatgrinder.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)