Question about pets/request

I am still building up Caed Nua in my replay, but I was wondering - if it isn't already there, would it be possible for there to be a feature in the first floor of the estate where you could place the pets that you aren't using and they'd just wander about there? It's a bit lame just having them all in my inventory and I'd love to see them out and about all at once.

• Like 6

Or maybe have them just run around all over Caed Nua, without manually having to do anything besides placing them in the Stash? It's obviously just cosmetic, and I didn't even think about it before you said it, but it does sound like a neat idea.

• Like 1

I suggested Brighthollow just because that is where all your people hang out, plus I figured it would be easier to throw in compared to outside which has all those special events attached to it. Plus the first floor of brighthollow could use a little livening up.

I would be happy with either of course!

Edited by phimseto

Here's an odd thought - what if the pets actually did something related to the game at some point?

Opened a conversation or two, found a unique item, charmed an NPC into giving them something useful to the party, you know - something besides just taking a slot up someplace.

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I guess... Although I personally don't need them to do anything in the game. I'm fine with them being just cosmetic. I could actually take even more cosmetic features in the game. Some trivial consequence for having a pet like the ones you suggested might be fine, but I'm not really crazy about having them be any kind of a mechanic.

Cute idea but it's almost certainly too late to add this kind of thing to the game. Maybe in Pillars 2.

I don't think it would be too difficult, especially if you used the first floor of Brighthollow. Just make it part of the addition when you renovate the fountain.

Here's an odd thought - what if the pets actually did something related to the game at some point?

Opened a conversation or two, found a unique item, charmed an NPC into giving them something useful to the party, you know - something besides just taking a slot up someplace.

Forsooth, methinks this ain't no ordinary chicken.

• Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I am still building up Caed Nua in my replay, but I was wondering - if it isn't already there, would it be possible for there to be a feature in the first floor of the estate where you could place the pets that you aren't using and they'd just wander about there? It's a bit lame just having them all in my inventory and I'd love to see them out and about all at once.

Hey (you bunch of ingenious gamers)

This is awesome. Bringing this up.

I got your backs

-Sking

• Like 6

I got your backs

-Sking

Just happened to be on checking on another point and received this. Great, great news! 

Also, Sking,  if you run into Greg Kinneman around the Obsidian offices, please tell him that I say hello from the forums! :-)

This is a great idea. It'd also be great if each pet gave some sort of bonus...like the Black Hound could give a bonus to finding hidden objects, stuff like that.

I suspect that might be a bridge too far at this point for PoE 1, but we should remember it when it comes time for PoE 2! 

This is such a cool idea. Would also be on board with pets providing party buffs but obviously devs would run into balancing issues as with anything else.

Pet dialogue (a la familiars in baldur's gate) and quests would also be welcome. Imagine if there were other miniature giant cosmic space pets that give players a tremendous item or buff when they are all collected...

I got your backs

-Sking

Sking, kind of curious: any feedback from devs on the idea? :-)