I tried Vent Pick to see how the Flame of Devotion proc works and I was pretty disappointed - it almost never procs and when it did the damage was laughable - like a regular lash but against full armor... Has anyone had different experiences with it?

Same.

Gave two of them to Pallegina and sent her on a hunt. 7 deers and 50 hits later, not a single proc was registered in the combat log.

Sometimes you have to save and reload. I don't know why, but it happens that spell chance items will not trigger at all when to put them on for the first time.

I'm testing a barb with dual Vent Pick at the moment - and although I didn't choose them because of FoD they proc pretty often because of carnage. I also took Scion of Flame because I want to put a burning lash on it. That should work fine I hope (don't know if Scion of Flame works with the FoD from Spell Chance).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok, I did a lot testing with that build and realoaded each time after the use of Heart of Fury - tweaked a bit and tried again. So it may be that it didn't proc more than once per weapon - can't say for sure. I was more concerned about the crit damage while testin HoF. :) Maybe the proc is just 1/encounter? That would be really lame.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's not 1/encounter. I was hitting at a team member with Vent Pick and the only way to get it to proc again was to load the game. Cloudpiercer procced with every crit even though the Jolting Touch is also 1/encounter.

Edit: I'm starting to think it's 1/rest. I can only get it to proc once per party member, but every member can proc it once if you pass the thing around. After resting I was able to get it to proc again

Edited by Francis Ironwood