Re-equipping boots of speed is not working

I just started playing the game after several months and I found my boots of speed are not working, so I looked up on internet and found (some 6 month old online posts) that some people had this bug but re-equipping the boots fixed it so I tried re-equipping the boots but I am still not getting the bonus...........so now I have no idea whats happening.........

Can anyone shed some light on it? Has anyone had this problem where re-equipping didn't work?

Thanks

@Sonntam

Knowing how you used those boots from somewhere else on the internet, I have a question : are they never working or are they not working outside of combat? One of the 2.x patches made it that all characters have the same speed outside of combat, hence you only see the bonus (or malus) items bring to your Move Speed when entering combat.

Edited by Sannom
  • Like 1

@Sonntam

Knowing how you used those boots from somewhere else on the internet, I have a question : are they never working or are they not working outside of combat? One of the 2.x patches made it that all characters have the same speed outside of combat, hence you only see the bonus (or malus) items bring to your Move Speed when entering combat.

Oh, thank you! It does seem to work only in combat. Had to set up a race against Pallegina to notice the difference.

The movement buff was definitely nerfed though. Back in the days my character could run out of the room so fast she left combat because the other mobs could not keep up with her. Now the difference in movement is barely noticable, a shame.

@Sonntam

Knowing how you used those boots from somewhere else on the internet, ....................

I am sorry but what do you exactly mean by the above?

Probably from my tumblr, I gushed about the boots of speed back in part 1 of WM and then complained about the change in part 2. Here is the post, in case you care to read about it.

Oh, thank you! It does seem to work only in combat. Had to set up a race against Pallegina to notice the difference.

The movement buff was definitely nerfed though. Back in the days my character could run out of the room so fast she left combat because the other mobs could not keep up with her. Now the difference in movement is barely noticable, a shame.

OK, that might be a bug then, because in my game, my main char can outpace anything short of ogres or Stelgars, and those are really, really fast.

Edited by Sannom