So...Ideas? lol. This guy just ate my whole team without a second thought. Granted I'm only level 11. 

My odd comp is (Hard) 
PC Chanter - Tank - Spell tongue - 104 D 64F 94R 86W DR 18 - 23 slash and pierce 28 Fire and frost

Eld - built Tank with light dd sprinkled in 94D 93F 95R 61W DR 16 - 25 slash and Pierce acc 69 with Vile loners
Devil - Same as Eld with more on the DD 93D 64F 94R 64W DR 12 - 15 slash and pierce ACC 85 with Nightshroud
Sagani - Currently trying out that new soulbound crossbow but not 100% sold in it since Stormcallers stuns were rather nice. (Yet to advance to stage 2)
Aloth - >.>
Hirav - No priest so hes on support with moonwells, DR ups, Lightning and other buggies. Using greenstone for clutch beetle saves.

Clearly as you can see I'm not running a priest. Wanted to see more dialog in the game so i bumped Durance and Pel off for hira and devil (Still hoping she has another quest in the white march 2 to improve on her a bit. Altho the high crit chance and ok Survival isnt bad. But on the same hand the new barb isnt such a terrible bet ether.

I'm thinking i should just skip it for now and do other sidequests / vanilla bounties to get more exp before returning, Maybe new gear...

The hardest part of the fight is when the Vithrack Brutes are still alive, since they can Stun your party members. If the tentacles decide to focus on the stunned member, they will likely take him or her out instantly. Stunning them with Returning Storm should be a priority, have the Watcher use Moonwell scrolls while Hiravias tries to keep them at bay. Once Returning Storm is up, try to keep them stunlocked with Overwhelming Wave, and if possible try and aim it so that it hits the Tentacles as well. Aloth should be helping keep enemies under control too, Ninaguath's Shadowflame, Gaze of the Adragan, and Arkmyr's Capricious Hex are especially helpful in this fight. Also having Sagani use the Stormcaller is probably more ideal for this fight. The best defense in this fight ultimately boils down to not letting the enemies attack, since the tentacles hit so hard.

One thing to keep in mind is killing the Radiant Spore will instantly kill all the tentacles as well. Despite this, I would recommend taking out at least one side of them, since they do hit very hard, but it also prevents the Radiant Spore from using Amplified Wave on them.

This is a very nasty fight overall though. I'd recommend dropping Devil or Eder in favor of Durance or Pallegina.

Edited by Wolken3156

I did it with a mix of level 10+11 party and by the end wanted to pull my hair out.

Positioning

Hug the right hand wall from the entrance and move along until the conversation triggers, it should be just before the pillar. This will stop some of the tentacles being able to throw at you.

Enemies

The Vithrack can be gotten rid of through dialogue before the fight begins making it considerably easier.

You need to breathe in some spores then resist the radiant spore and you'll have an option to break the bonds between it and the vithrak.

Sporelings will all charge at you in a clump from your position on the right hand side making them easy targets for some AOE CC.

The three closest tentacles will fling rocks at the first person they see while the other two should be juuuust out of range. They target FORT and deal crush damage so try and get Eder closest to them when starting and buff his might/con and crush DR when it starts.

Radiant spore sits there doing bugger all.

Strategy

Take out the sporelings one at a time while keeping them CCd and heal up from the aoe they do on death. Then move onto the tentacles. They can be put to sleep with Call of Slumber and petrified with Gaze of the Adragan and don't have too much HP. Once you have the three closest ones dead wail on the boss till he dies and the other ones die at the same time.

Alternative strat: after dealing with the sporelings buff everyone's fort as high as you can spam heals and go to to town on the boss and his ~800 HP since the tentacles don't have to die to end the fight.

Edited by Thatoneguy
  • Like 1

after 10 tries finally the mushroom died.

this is what i did :

i stacked 18 constitution on my pc (rauatai biscuits, resting bonus, etc), inhaled spores and severed the bonds between the mushroom and the vithraks.

The main problem however are the tentacles, but if you kill the radiant spore the fight is over. So rush for the big guy, petrify him with aloth and dps him hard, ignoring all the tentacles. the someone will fall, but you should kill him quite easily.

potions, scrolls and summons helps a lot. (alacrity, scroll of valor, scroll of defense, shadows)

Yeah i nailed the con checks on the last attempted and spread out really far just using chain chugging and moonwell snipes to keep people going. All in all it actually went down pretty fast with Gaze and force wall on top of storm and Seg's very angry use of stormcaller, berserk, and a pot of motion.  All in all not bad but still quite fun.

• 5 months later...

Even though you've won already thought I'd add my thoughts from the two encounters I've had with radiant spore, hard and potd.  I use a custom formation with one character at the front, 2 other frontline one row back on the sides, hard to explain I guess but sort of like a triangle at the front.  Anyways the point is that every tentacle in the room targets the guy in the front with rock spells or whatever.

Because of this I could just cast withdraw on him (instead of trying to heal through all the dmg) then back the rest of the team up to deal with the other adds, the fight became pretty simple in this way.  My teams were level 16 on both my hard and potd runs when I fought the radiant spore though, high level scaling but I'm sure it might have been easier for me than it was for your level 11 team.

• 2 months later...

This topic is easy to find from google, so I desided to write here my tactics on solo potd rogue

Key items:

• Cape of the Master Mystic = 6 sec. invisible (Bounty)
  • Nightshroud = +1 Shadowing Beyond (Hall of Remembrance in The Mines under Durgan's Battery)
  • At least 2 summon figurine with 3 summons each(Ebony Spider, Oaken Scarab, Obsidian Lamp)
  • At least 3 Moonwell scrolls ( Lore 8 )
  • At least 3 Potion of Infuse with Vital Essence
  • A little patience and luck :)

Build:

• Moon godlike
  • Shadowing Beyond
  • 100+ Accuracy
  • Duals (Steadfast + Nightshroud)
  • Blinding Strike, Crippling Strike, Withering Strike, Finishing Blow for fast full attack
  • Brigandine as armor for high crush DR. Heldrik's Coat grant +30 defense against Prone that's good vs sporelings. Or Äru-Brekr to move faster to Radiant Spore

Tactics:

1. Ofc you need to free Vithracks (in the dialog)
  2. Use Shadowing Beyond immediately after the battle begins. Sometimes tentacles whatever hit you -> load
  3. Reach Radiant Spore and use figurine as far from you as possible
  4. Tentacles attack figurine summons while you doing dual hits to Radiant Spore with some mentioned ability
  5. Use Shadowing Beyound and repeat steps 3-4. At second try go behind Radiant Spore back, close to the wall
  6. On Invisibility proc do 2-3 hits and just before Invisibility end - use Finishing Blow
  7. Pray for crits :) Radiant Spore will die and all the tentacles gone too
  8. Now snuggle to the wall, so you could be attacked by only 2-3 sporelings at one time
  9. Use Moonwell scroll and fight. Drink potion when needed.
  10. Refresh Moonwell when buff almost finished (3-6 sec)
Edited by inside
  • Like 4

Oh, so you can free the vithracks and not fight them?

Doesn't really seem to matter too much if you have high defense.

With + 20 def from Ryonas BP triggered Vigorous Defense + Llengraths I had 170ish Def, Fort and Ref and something like 150ish will.

I broke the domination on my pala with supress afflictions ring, then immediately built 80 focus on a brute and mindwebbed.

I went in with yellow health bar, didn't rest before, used no food, but somehow my health (not end) got healed during the fight, anyone know what that's about?

Much easier fight than some bounties, even tho I took my time killing the vithrack brutes and sporelings before I attacked the spore tendrils (which probably was unnecessary) and after 2 of them finally the spore.

Probably you used a vital essence potion, for some reason it heals you quite good when you use it during fights.

No I didn't and all of my chars got healed for no reason.

edit:

happened in the following vid shortly after 9:46:#https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFdf4Qhg1Xw

Edited by Raven Darkholme

This topic is easy to find from google, so I desided to write here my tactics on solo potd rogue

Key items:

• Cape of the Master Mystic = 6 sec. invisible (Bounty)
  • Nightshroud = +1 Shadowing Beyond (Hall of Remembrance in The Mines under Durgan's Battery)
  • At least 2 summon figurine with 3 summons each(Ebony Spider, Oaken Scarab, Obsidian Lamp)
  • At least 3 Moonwell scrolls ( Lore 8 )
  • At least 3 Potion of Infuse with Vital Essence
  • A little patience and luck :)

Build:

• Moon godlike
  • Shadowing Beyond
  • 100+ Accuracy
  • Duals (Steadfast + Nightshroud)
  • Blinding Strike, Crippling Strike, Withering Strike, Finishing Blow for fast full attack
  • Brigandine as armor for high crush DR. Heldrik's Coat grant +30 defense against Prone that's good vs sporelings. Or Äru-Brekr to move faster to Radiant Spore

Tactics:

1. Ofc you need to free Vithracks (in the dialog)
  2. Use Shadowing Beyond immediately after the battle begins. Sometimes tentacles whatever hit you -> load
  3. Reach Radiant Spore and use figurine as far from you as possible
  4. Tentacles attack figurine summons while you doing dual hits to Radiant Spore with some mentioned ability
  5. Use Shadowing Beyound and repeat steps 3-4. At second try go behind Radiant Spore back, close to the wall
  6. On Invisibility proc do 2-3 hits and just before Invisibility end - use Finishing Blow
  7. Pray for crits :) Radiant Spore will die and all the tentacles gone too
  8. Now snuggle to the wall, so you could be attacked by only 2-3 sporelings at one time
  9. Use Moonwell scroll and fight. Drink potion when needed.
  10. Refresh Moonwell when buff almost finished (3-6 sec)

You should do a class build, solo-ing with a two weapon Rogue sounds like quite a feat given their extremely shoddy defences. I think by soloing such a boss without incredibly cheesy tactics (my Gunslinger build was worse, because I couldn't wait until later for the weapon) is certainly a legit build already - I'd be interested to hear about it.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 2

Doesn't really seem to matter too much if you have high defense.

Rogue with high defense is not rogue.

And... paladins are OP :D

My build in attachments. Sorry for bad quality, forum has strict restrictions about file size

post-167347-0-26195900-1477604577_thumb.jpg

post-167347-0-07033100-1477604586_thumb.jpg

post-167347-0-28169000-1477604591_thumb.jpg

post-167347-0-67731600-1477604597_thumb.jpg

post-167347-0-21206200-1477604602_thumb.jpg

post-167347-0-07266800-1477604609_thumb.jpg

post-167347-0-22470400-1477604613_thumb.jpg

post-167347-0-22666400-1477604619_thumb.jpg

• Like 1