Of course I'm talking about the fight against Llengrath. I didn't want to put her name in the title since its a massive spoiler, though I think I may have accidentally spoiled it elsewhere >_>

Anyway, what a great fight! I certainly was not expect to fight two dragons along side her. They seem to be the same strength as the Alpine Dragon as well!

jj93sQI.jpg

I found it pretty challenging, though I felt the main threat came from the enemy Wizards casting Tayn's Chaotic Orb. My Chanter did die several hilarious deaths in his poor attempt of tanking one of them. I'm pretty sure that was from Wall of Thorns clipping him (The range is deceptively larger than it looks) and me suddenly relising that the Silver Flash Blunderbuss has friendly fire attached. Probably should've stuck with Scon Mica's or used a pistol for my off-hand gun.

My Wizard and Priest were the real tickets to victory (though I'm heavily biased to those two anyway). The buffs are life saving and Wall of Many Colors kept dominating the dragon my Paladin was tanking, freeing him up for healing and support duty.

Shame you get her spells so late though. Other than Siphoning Image, they don't seem to be useful either. Blunting Wisdom is crazy strong on my Wizard's current build, but the delayed damage effect is more of a hindrance than help.

Edited by Wolken3156

I thought this was a cool fight too, but I didn't like that the "big name" factor of Llengrath was overshadowed by the two dragons. I would have preferred that she be the focus of the encounter like it was with Concelhaut.

Anyway, when I did this fight I figured the dragons would be the true threat, so I knocked off Llengrath first so she couldn't burn my party with spells, then everything but the dragons, then the dragons one at a time. Wasn't particularly hard, beat it on my first try with a L16 party. I found the alpine dragon to be a bit more challenging than this fight.

Edited by Sceptenar

Do they drop some dragon eyes ? Scales ?

They only drop Bog Scales which are used to enchant your armor to Legendary.

But if you can kill Llengrath, you probably don't even need Legendary armor =/

I thought this was a cool fight too, but I didn't like that the "big name" factor of Llengrath was overshadowed by the two dragons. I would have preferred that she be the focus of the encounter like it was with Concelhaut.

Anyway, when I did this fight I figured the dragons would be the true threat, so I knocked off Llengrath first so she couldn't burn my party with spells, then everything but the dragons, then the dragons one at a time. Wasn't particularly hard, beat it on my first try with a L16 party. I found the alpine dragon to be a bit more challenging than this fight.

Funny, I find the Alpine Dragon is very easy compared to the other big endgame fights. The enemies helping him much less dangerous than the ones helping the Adra Dragon or Concelhaut, and they usually get in his way, making positioning a lot easier. Also they're great tanks if you Confuse, Charm or Dominate them.

Worth noting that if you complete the encounter in a peaceful way (only requires a 16/17 intellect check iirc) you still get bog dragon scales and a permanent stat buff as a token of thanks from Llengrath. Was also rather satisfying - some decent writing here.

• Like 3

By the way, does anyone know what armor Llengrath is wearing? Anyone know what the item id code is? It's such a unique looking piece that I would love to get my hands on it, strange that it doesn't drop when you kill her.

Also, I believe she is a nature godlike, but she has a very nice head model with those long horns that isn't available to the player. Why must you tease me so Obsidian?

• Like 1

Hmm...how do you start this line?

You have to have completed White March pt.1 first, including the Crägholdt part. Then for me it was simply starting White March pt. 2, then doing the Iron Flail fort and returning to Stalwart. Then there should be a scene near the west entrance that starts the quest sending you to Mowrghek Ien.

• Like 1

This fight was certainly fun. Challenging for sure but not impossible. Because of the open space and the fact that you start quite a ways away from the mobs, you have time to get off 2 rounds of buffing/scrolls/potions before you really need to engage. By the time I had to go toe to toe with the dragons, my team was pretty immune to stuff.

I'm only on normal, but it felt really good beating this encounter.  It took a lot of luck just not to miss with spells, but I petrified 1 dragon and used ciphers...sanctuary or w/e on the other. 

Melee rushing down Llandreth and healing through the orb was the easy part (though annoying when she polys the best melee).  Living through a dragons breathe if you're not ready for the pop was rough.

She drops Llandreths spell book which is cool.

By the way, does anyone know what armor Llengrath is wearing? Anyone know what the item id code is?

Just checked the game files: There's no item bearing Llengrath's name except from her grimoire. I doubt her armor exists beside the appearance of her character model.

Worth noting that if you complete the encounter in a peaceful way (only requires a 16/17 intellect check iirc) you still get bog dragon scales and a permanent stat buff as a token of thanks from Llengrath. Was also rather satisfying - some decent writing here.

What stat buff did you get, out of curiosity? Do you think the number of bog scales you get is the same as if you kill the dragons?

But above all ... do Llengrath and her minions stay there if you solve the quest peacefully? If your character is the duplicitous child of a deceptive b**ch, you can solve peacefully then attack at your leisure after enchanting your armor to Legendary, reaping the benefits of a stat boost and of choosing careful positioning before starting the fight :fdevil:

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What stat buff did you get, out of curiosity? Do you think the number of bog scales you get is the same as if you kill the dragons?

But above all ... do Llengrath and her minions stay there if you solve the quest peacefully? If your character is the duplicitous child of a deceptive b**ch, you can solve peacefully then attack at your leisure after enchanting your armor to Legendary, reaping the benefits of a stat boost and of choosing careful positioning before starting the fight :fdevil:

jSHI6jr.png

They leave, I'm afraid. :p As for the bog scales, I got two as I recall - I'm assuming it's the same amount as you get for killing both dragons

• Like 1

Its a true problem for this bonus. 

This fight is great. So I preferred to have everything... It is unfortunate that some coward will don't engage the battle, for gain the bonus and don't take a risk...

Restrictive choice.

there is no merit to have 17 in intelligence.

Edited by theBalthazar

It's nice to be rewarded for a non violent path.... Thanks Obs.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Its a true problem for this bonus. 

This fight is great. So I preferred to have everything... It is unfortunate that some coward will don't engage the battle, for gain the bonus and don't take a risk...

Restrictive choice.

there is no merit to have 17 in intelligence.

Yes, multiple options in a role-playing game is bad... Seriously guy, having options is what role playing games is all about. I'm quite pleased that there is a way to reason with Llengrath.

And you don't get the same reward if you resolve it peacefully as if you do the fight. The peaceful solution gets you a unique bonus that can't be earned any other way, and two bog dragon scales. Doing the fight gets you four bog dragon scales and Llengrath's grimoire which contains unique spells that cannot be earned any other way. Whatever you choose you gain something and loose something. And I for one like it when we have a choice, and that choice is a REAL choice.

And your assertion that 17 intelligence is pointless is just plain wrong, my wizard has 18 intelligence boosted to 20 with items, so his spells have wide radius and long duration, which is very useful for a debuff wizard like mine.

• Like 4

You don't understand my thought.

The difference enter the two possibles situations/Résolutions for role play is a good thing.

BUT...^^ This fight is hard and fantastic. Its easy to have 17 int for skip the battle, and get the TRUE real bonus.

Because yes, we have a grimoire. But lol : the spells are really and truly bad...

The spells of book hidden in snow was MUCH better... In an other hand, we have a permanent bonus +1 x 3 !...

I think its just regrettable for me to skip this battle for this bonus, then i want to do this fight.

This poses a problem of conscience. The pleasure of the best fight in this game OR get the permanent bonus .
Edited by theBalthazar

EDIT: nvm

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You don't understand my thought.

The difference enter the two possibles situations/Résolutions for role play is a good thing.

BUT...^^ This fight is hard and fantastic. Its easy to have 17 int for skip the battle, and get the TRUE real bonus.

Because yes, we have a grimoire. But lol : the spells are really and truly bad...

The spells of book hidden in snow was MUCH better... In an other hand, we have a permanent bonus +1 x 3 !...

I think its just regrettable for me to skip this battle for this bonus, then i want to do this fight.

This poses a problem of conscience. The pleasure of the best fight in this game OR get the permanent bonus .

The issue seems to be that you want it both ways. You want the fight to give you the best reward, but in this case it's the peaceful solution that does that (assuming you prefer the stat bonus to the extra dragon scales). But PoE is a role playing game, not an action adventure game. I say it's a good thing that the peaceful solution sometimes gives you a better reward than fighting, because it's in the spirit of a roleplayer to choose the action that best suits the role he wants to play rather than simply meta gaming it and always going for the choice that gives the best reward. If you want to do the fight, that's fine, role playing games are all about freedom of choice after all, but you also have to be willing to accept that it won't always give the best reward. If you don't like that then there are plenty of games that offer you what you want, try Dragon Age: Inquisition or Diablo 3 for example.

• Like 3

Did the fight just now (I was planning to wait with WM2 untill bug fixes but I couldn't help myself). My priest got turned into a pig and went down but crowns & devotions for the faithful was already up. Played it kind of sloppy and focused the dragons untill I spotted Llengrath after the pig incident and had Aloth drop the (Concelhauts) hammer on her.

The time you get to buff with how far away they are at the start makes it a lot easier than it would be otherwise, so for me Adra Dragon is still the hardest encounter in the game. I had to reload on the Adra Dragon my first PotD playthrough despite having done it on Hard before, but Alpine Dragon, Concelhaut, and now Llengrath and her dragons all went down on my first tries, but that would almost certainly be different if Llengrath and dragons started the fight right in front of you.

Edit: Re-did the fight with Minor Avatar first and then Crowns instead of skipping Avatar and going straight for Crowns like I did first time, and my priest stayed up and no one went down (Gambeson was again key to getting all buffs up so fast). One of my two Walls of Many Colours dominated one of the dragons for me as well this time which is also a reason it went better. I keep forgetting to use Concelhaut summon.

6sfdoEG.jpg

Edited by limaxophobiacq