So, I'm trying to plan my new party and I'm trying to evaluate the number of Durgan refinement available now.

Durgan Battery was nerfed from 1 refinement for 3 ingots to 1 for 4.

By binding the spirits, you'll have 1 for 3, instead of 1 for 2.

There were 21 ingots in WM I.

I heard that there are at least 3 new ingots. Are there more ?

In addition, there are a few weapons already refined such as a blinding blunderbuss and Vent Pick.

Are there more ?

Finally what does Vent Pick do exactly as FoD ? Item abilities are often a bit different from regular ones, even if they have the same name.

Does it trigger an additional (potentially) double attack ? Or is it just an additional 50% fire lash ?

How the accuracy bonus from FoD is applied ?

By the way, I have the same question about nightshroud which is supposed to trigger full-attack finishing blow...

Edited by Elric Galad

Maybe they have added ingots just to make spirit binding to the forge less relevant ?

That would have worked if the cost for making Durgan steel remained the same.

My best guess is you can still make the same number as before when all is said and done, but you have work harder to collect all the ingots you need to that end.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus