Bug Cannot pick up loot in Ondras Gift

Pium

Question

Hi,

as the topic says: I can't either loot the bodies of the Thugs close to the "Salty Mast" [Quest: Supply and Demand] nor close to the chest in the southeast [Task: Clandestine Cargo], so I cannot go on with each Quest.

My Version of the Game is:

PoE - Without any Addons

Steam Version 3.00.967

Windows 7 (64Bit)

Language: English

I use 1 Mod for SweetFX: Neutral Shaders of Eternity

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/13/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fpillarsofeternity%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D13%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2722319&pUp=1

output_log.txt

13 answers to this question

I'm in Ondra's Gift (I think that was the name - the docks) and I've just killed some ruffians who are harassing the prostitutes, but I can't loot their corpses. I've tried exiting the game entirely and reloading, leaving the area and returning (both into a nearby building and to another district of the city) and I tried loading a game just before the incident, but when I kill the group it happens again. I also tried attacking another group, still in Ondra's Gift and can't loot their stuff either. Haven't tried looting outside of that area, come to think of it.

Savegame (too big to upload, apparently): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TD3LzqVgfmVDJkLXJYVjMwYVU/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know when you've got the file so I can delete it.

Hey there, having a problem that I suspect may be related to a forum-suggested hotfix that I used.

In the quest "Supply & Demand", I killed some thugs and got a journal prompt that perhaps something in their possession would clue me in to a larger problem. The issue here: I can get the "pick up" icon to appear over the loot, but it doesn't actually do anything when I click the button on that loot. Works fine elsewhere.

This is tied into the Dozens, so my worry is that this is an unexpected side effect of the aforementioned hotfix. I have the quest "Bronze Beneath the Lake" in my active quests. I didn't realize that just accepting it precluded me from finishing the knight plotline, so I followed the instructions in post #95 on this thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72460-choosing-a-faction-in-defiance-bay/?p=1672678 in order to finish the knight plotline.

I still haven't done Bronze Beneath the Lake because I have no idea if doing it will glitch the game irreversibly. I'm wondering now, also, if following the instructions listed above have impacted this quest. If there is a way to deactivate that quest, please let me know. That may fix other or potential issues.

Any and all insight is welcome. Save file is a bit big for what I can submit here, but if you want to take a look, please just give me an email to send it to! Many thanks!

Edited by phimseto

I've seen this a couple of times and it usually goes away when i leave the area and come back. But now its stuck. In the "All Hands On Deck" quest I've defeated Waldr and his companions and they lie there on the ground and I need to pick up the key for the chest - but I can't! The hand icon shows when I hover the bodies, but nothing happens when I press. 

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Description:

When attempting to complete the "Supply and Demand" quest, I was able talk to the quest-giver and receive the quest, but I something has gone wrong, disallowing me to complete it. After fighting the first thugs I encounter, next to the statue, I am unable to loot them and continue the quest. After my first try, I loaded from an autosave just after I had accepted the quest and tried again. I had the same issue once more. Cannot loot the thugs, cannot continue the quest. I went ahead and defeated all other thugs I could find on the map, including the ones in the locked house, but I still can only answer "Not yet" to the quest-giver's inquiry as to whether or not I have taken care of the thugs.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

From the save file, try to loot the

Important Files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2le0d3tnpe4lhg/PoE_Supply_and_Demand_bug_report.zip?dl=0

Just encountered this as well but also found a solution.

I managed to loot the bodies if I dragged the fight over to the ramp just by the exit to First Fires.

This was also during the nighttime but could loot them on  a different surface then where you initially encounter them.