Which companions get the most dialogue in the White March?

Which companions did you bring with you on your first White March adventure?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which core companions did you bring along with you for the White March, Part I?

2. 2. Which companions did you bring along for the White March, Part II?

I'm currently doing a fresh playthrough for WM Part II, but I'm a bit stuck on which companions to bring along. The first time round I brought the poster lineup along (i.e. Sagani, Edér, Hiravias, Zahua, and Devil of Caroc), and was reasonably satisfied with the amount of dialogue each character got. This time round, I'm playing Part I a little earlier, before recruiting Pallegina, Hiravias, or Grieving Mother, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which of the first five characters I should drop to make room for Zahua and Devil of Caroc, based on the amount of dialogue (or lack thereof) companions get in the expansion. For example, is it worth bringing Aloth, Durance, and Kana along, since I haven't played through the expansion with them before, or do they not get much dialogue anyway?

I'm also curious as to which companions I should bring along for Part II, again based on the amount of dialogue they get. I saw a screenshot where Edér interacts with Durance in WM Part II, and so I'm thinking maybe there are combinations of characters that get more dialogue than others. I'm kind of expecting to bring Zahua as a given. In particular, I'm wondering about Grieving Mother, since she only really gets much dialogue in Twin Elms in the base game.

Edited by hamskii

I enjoyed a lot Maneha's banter with Pallegina, so probably bring her along for part 2. With Devil of Caroc I think Eder and Pallegina have most interesting dynamics. Eder gets along fairly well with the Devil, while Pallegina and Devil disagree pretty heavily (idealistic vs. cynical worldview) and that is pretty interesting too.

Durance was pretty silent in part 1 and part 2 (so far). Eder has some pretty cool moments in both parts. Aloth said close to nothing in part 1, so probably drop him. 

Edited by Sonntam

I enjoyed a lot Maneha's banter with Pallegina, so probably bring her along for part 2. With Devil of Caroc I think Eder and Pallegina have most interesting dynamics. Eder gets along fairly well with the Devil, while Pallegina and Devil disagree pretty heavily (idealistic vs. cynical worldview) and that is pretty interesting too.

Durance was pretty silent in part 1 and part 2 (so far). Eder has some pretty cool moments in both parts. Aloth said close to nothing in part 1, so probably drop him. 

Wait, so companions actually interact with each other in WM Part II?

There is regular banter with the new companions, yeah. It does not trigger all too often, but I got Devil talk to Eder, Durance and Pallegina at least once. Maneha was so far pretty silent, but she talked to Pallegina once too.

For Part I, I brought along Grieving Mother, Aloth, and Eder and the latter two got some dialogue, but I don't think GM had any.

GM has the least dialogues of all characters, It is connected with her heritage, with being psychically broken cipher, i'd say that it is by far the most interesting character in terms of side-story in this game (for me).

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event."

-Zurin Arctus, the Underking

There is regular banter with the new companions, yeah. It does not trigger all too often, but I got Devil talk to Eder, Durance and Pallegina at least once. Maneha was so far pretty silent, but she talked to Pallegina once too.

Disappointing that Maneha doesn't have much dialogue, given that she's specifically new for WM Part II. I'm playing through Part I with her at the moment (she spawns in Stalwart after the ogre attack), and so far she hasn't had any dialogue at all.