Dear Dudes that made PoE

I love you guys man I just finished White March part 2, this game is the best game I have ever played my highest rated single player games are Dragon Age: Origins and Pillars of Eternity these are the games I have enjoyed the most out of all of my RPG experiences.

Anything to do with Pillars of Eternity is instantly getting a pre order for me in the future give me merchandise give me stuff to collect!

• Like 24

Me too, totally, for real the Obs chicks, too.

I wish they would open a shop. I would literally die if they made flip-flops, black with white Obs letters, under the heel it says 'Made in OC'. Or like a grass mat, but black, with black grass that gets warm in the sun.   

• Like 8

All Stop. On Screen.

I disagree WHY.   I would love some stuff from PoE myself.   Coffee cups, t-shirts, figures....  it would be cool.

I don't have the cash, mon frere, but I don't begrudge you folks for buying T-shirts and mouse pads and whatever they offer.  Well... maybe if I could get a coffee mug.

• Like 1

bother?

I think the people in this thread have had way too much beer.

But I love the game too.

Wine.

I saved my 2nd playthrough for White March II release and I really wanted to do a min/max run but... I CAN'T. I tried, I can't. I love the characters. I can't see myself going through the story without the companions. I feel like I really do have company  :wub:  

The story is great, the characters are great. I mean, it's not 100% perf and I have criticisms (story-wise) but THIS is what I want when I play an rpg. 

• Like 2

For me, it's usually beer, but I'm cheap and definitely not choosy.  Sometimes I read things I've posted here and made plans to install a breathalyzer on my keyboard.

However, becauase I have this depth of experience, I can say with certainty that I greatly enjoy this game at all levels (and lack of) sobriety.  In fact, someone came up with a drinking game recently which I thought was absolutely brilliant!  Now, if they just sold Pillars of Eternity shot glasses and maybe even offered some Aedyr brandy or Glanfathan Scotch, that would just make the Obsidian merchandise store well worth it.  We should start a petition for that!

bother?

Not sure about merchandise - not really my thing, but with you on the reaction to the game.  Just finished the base game a couple of nights ago (I play slowly, basically once kids are in bed since my PC is out in the family room....don't ask) and I felt - there, at the end, the same need to sit back and slowly exhale that I last felt with Dragon Age: Origins nearly 6 years ago.  That feeling of "Wow, I made it....", like I'd really been part of the action or adventure that my character and their companions had been on.

PoE is dark and thoughtful, but with tiny sparks of hope sprinkled throughout.  I really, really liked it.

White March, here I come.

Hey Abc123rage,

Thanks dude. I linked this thread to the whole team and they all loved it. I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying, we love making games and it's amazing to get such great responses from all you guys/gals.

-Sking

P.S. ManifestedISO I've been fighting for Obsidian Flip-flops for awhile and I will continue to fight ;)

• Like 5

I have to agree with the note of thanks to all the developers: artists, programmers, story writers, character creators, musicians, and whoever else.  I liked the game a lot on my first play-through just after release.  I'm on my second now that WM is out, and it's just a brilliant game with all the balance and other improvements.  I don't feel it's an exaggeration to call it the best RPG since BG2.  I've been recommending it to every gamer I know.  In fact, in certain ways it even surpasses BG2, I think.

Is it perfect?  Nah.  No such thing.  But it takes a good honest swing at addressing some of the issues with prior CRPGs, and at the moment I feel this is as good as it gets.  Anything else Obsidian does on the PoE engine or any future version thereof, and it's a no-brainer buy for me.

I think we're finally out of the "RPG Dark Ages".  There's been PoE, and from other studios, WL2, D:OS, LoG2, Avadon, and the upcoming BT4 and Torment:ToN.  Just when I was thinking the RPG genre was taking its last breaths, it comes roaring back.

• Like 1

I also really love this game, I think it is the perfect mix of challenging combat, very interesting story, cool characters and a lot of moral choices that spice up the whole experience.

I would also like to thank all the developers at Obsidian (including programmers, story writers, designers etc) for making an incredible game that is in my opinion way to underrated and not so well known by everybody. I have recommended it and re-recommended it (on a weekly basis) to all my friends.

I also hope that the sales for this game have been sufficient and will continue to grow such that it is declared a success and such that we can soon have a Pillars of Eternity II - for which you can already sign me up to preorder on the collector's box and 2 more copies for my friends :).

In this age of companies trying to sell half baked games, split into 25 DLCs and season passes, full of bugs and sometimes unplayable mess of mediocre written but flashy games I truly respect and salute Obsidian for delivering this game. 

Thank you very much

• Like 1

I just joined up here to add my voice to the chorus. This game absolutely rocks. I am primarily a tabletop roleplayer and boardgamer so the fact that I am this into a cRPG speaks volumes.

Ditto the desire for PoE merch.

I want plushy Itumaak and plushy miniature giant space pig! Maybe partner with Squishable.com? They already have production lines set up.

• Like 1