So... as a follower of Eoathas, my character Does. Not. Deceive. Never, ever ever.  You've got to have one hell of a lot of faith if you're following a god that everyone says is dead.

but I have to let a child meet a horrible fate, lie and use poison on simoc, or die fighting a hopeless battle (not even close to winning, exhausting all/most spells and items at level 8.)

If I'm roleplaying, the adventure ends here with him doing what he would do --fighting for what is right.  That's a shame.  I tried gaining a level and coming back -- no go, not even close, with all manner of crafting potions and scrolls and enchanted weapons and armor and all-out spell and ability use.  

Well, I want to keep playing, so lie and use poison it is.

Reminds me of BG2.  My Paladin had to work with the thieves guild or the vampires, or give up on Imoen.  Lose-lose.  Of course, you don't lose your paladin-hood for doing so, but do lose it by drinking too much. :p  

I tried gaining a level and coming back -- no go, not even close, with all manner of crafting potions and scrolls and enchanted weapons and armor and all-out spell and ability use.

Gain even more levels before coming back.

Last time I was around level 12 when I got there, and I wiped out the whole warriors guild easily.

Sorry I'm trying to remember who/what simoc is but can't. If you give some details about the fight to help jog my memory, I'll try.

It's the Sacrificial Bloodlines quest.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Try mixing up your party roster, or kidnapping the baby and taking it for yourself.

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Ah, so maybe that's why. But I still doubt it's overly difficult. Too bad the survival skill doesn't include an ACC bonus towards kith. ;) It should make a huge difference if you have +15 ACC - especially if your level is a bit too low for the encounter.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods