With 3.0 and both parts of TWM out, I want to re-spec my party.

My current party composition is:

* My character (fighter, meadow folk human)

* Grieving Mother

* Pallegina

* Sagini

* Aloth

* Durance

All at level 12. I don't really have any specific requirements or wishes, I just want to hear some good ideas based on the changes in 3.0.

With 3.0 and both parts of TWM out, I want to re-spec my party.

My current party composition is:

* My character (fighter, meadow folk human)

* Grieving Mother

* Pallegina

* Sagini

* Aloth

* Durance

All at level 12. I don't really have any specific requirements or wishes, I just want to hear some good ideas based on the changes in 3.0.

according to numerous crpg purists, respec diminishes the game.  more than a few claim that respec is cheating, regardless o' how much the developers change mechanics from one build to the next. is a few who argue that regardless o' whether they personal make use o' respec, your capacity to do so results in diminution o' the title... am not gonna try and explain that complaint.

*shrug*

regardless, keep in mind that your ability to respec comes at a price.  whenever you respec, thinks o' the poor grognards.  never forget the true crpg fans, huddling in the dark corners o' the internet who will gnash their teeth and howl in fury 'cause they know that somebody, somewhere, has invested +30 hours into their current play o' poe and will not need restart the game to take advantage of new abilities and talents. you must not forget those poor wretched souls who will rage impotently each time they see the respec button when they access an inn menu. yes, these sad brutes may choose to reread their d&d white box edition or their merp rolemaster elves sourcebook as a panacea-- a desperate attempt to stave off an existential crisis. hopeless.

you must not forget the purists. respec responsibly, for the purists. they may not deserve your sympathy, but they do suffer.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

There is a big ability upgrade variation to paladin if you want pallegina more offensively/ buffing. Hint: it involves just completely upgrading flames of devotion as there is a nice talent now which boosts near allies attack speed by 25% for a time after paladin uses flames of devotion.

Chanter is the other big mid game change due to speed up talent to chanting but you don't have a chanter.

I am assuming your fighter is primarily tank in your party?

What makes sense is to give everyone at least 4 survival so you can take advantage of racial +10 accuracy bonuses after camping.

And don't you need to respec aloth and durance anyways to spec spell mastery?

You might want greater focus on gm but it is helpful but not necessary.

Edited by ottffsse

And don't you need to respec aloth and durance anyways to spec spell mastery?

No, leveling up will do.

You won't even need to level up. As long as you've reached a high enough level to unlock any level of spell mastery on a pre-3.0 save, you'll be prompted to select spell mastery once you've loaded the save.

I love respecing all the time personally just because I like to try different combinations of abilities out and can't imagine having to create new characters or restart the game countless times to do that. But to each his own idea of fun in this game. Getting retrained for a certain fee is not implausible.