Question about PoTD Role play and Switch Hitting build

Heya all! I'm back for the white march and want to do a fresh run. I already finished the base game with a rogue and i want now some sugggestions for my new run.

I'm curious to start the game on PoTD difficulty, and i want to know 3 major things:

1) Min Max is mandatory? i like RP and i dislike stats at 3

2) Is PoTD Micro intensive even with the AI?

3) Do you need to abuse figurines in PoTD? (i hate this kind of tactic)

Character related instead i want to know if is possible to do a cipher or another character that can switch melee to ranged and vice versa ? (i find it funny), Bow and Pike would be nice choice.

Thank you all in advance for your tips and help!

Edited by helmino

1) not unless you are soloing

2.) I'd say so, but depends on what classes you use in your party

3) not unless you are soloing, with a party PotD is perfectly playable without using any figurines or consumables at all

if you want to switch melee and ranged it's best to go soldier weapon focus and open fights with an arquebus shot and then switch to a melee weapon

Soloing is really the only time you need to abuse game mechanics and use a bunch figurines, drink a several potions and get all the food and rest bonuses etc.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

1) not unless you are soloing

2.) I'd say so, but depends on what classes you use in your party

3) not unless you are soloing, with a party PotD is perfectly playable without using any figurines or consumables at all

if you want to switch melee and ranged it's best to go soldier weapon focus and open fights with an arquebus shot and then switch to a melee weapon

Soloing is really the only time you need to abuse game mechanics and use a bunch figurines, drink a several potions and get all the food and rest bonuses etc.

Thanks for the insight. Did you need to take talents to bypass the DR of enemies with both type of weapon?

Arquebus aleady has its own DR bypass and does high damage, so taking penetrating shot for it is a waste. Beside soldier weapon focus which works for both the arquebus and warhammers/pikes/greatswords you don't need to take any more ranged-weapon talents. As a rogue you probably shouldn't take Vulnerable Attack either since you do high weapon damage and the slower attack speed will hurt you more than the DR penetration will help, especially if you use a two handed weapon.