Vile Loners Lance (spear) and Shatterstar (warhammer) both have 1.0 second interrupts, 2x duration of standard one handed average speed weapons. Vile Loner has the better enchant of the two and the accuracy bonus from being a spear is nice.

Vile Loner's Lance is amazing, because it's also got the Disorienting enchantment, which is probably the "better enchant" you mean. -5 to all Defences for 6 Seconds helps with any harrier build.

t50aJUd.jpg

Mosquito is the best out of them. While it has "only" 0.75 interrupt, it's also a fast weapon, meaning that it attacks much 1.5 times more than those average speed weapons.

The other good part is that it shares a weapon focus with two speed enchanted weapons you can get very early, making you even better at interrupting.

Yeah, but thos only have an interrupt of 0.35. ;)

The new Poleaxe that has this "Zephyr" aura is nice: it does -30 concentration in an AoE and causes 0.75 sec interrupts. While it itself is not necessarily the best weapon to cause interrupts, it is great to have around on some other guy while you wield Mosquito or Vile Loner's. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Was considering a barb build meant to tank and debuff enemies in a large AoE. Something with Vile Loner's Lance and the Dragon Shield. Use those new gloves. Would offer quite a lot of interrupting with high Per and also some nice debuffing effects in carnage range. Also some good healing from the proc on Dragons shield if I understand correctly. Thoughts?

Right now it's possible to make a character that perma interrupts anything with less than 22 resolve. (and more if you can debuff them)

You can have up to 42 perception: orlan (20), White that wends (1), Lilith's Shawl (3), Champion's Boon(10), resting (3), whore (2), Song of Heavens (1), Hylea's Boon (1), Effigy Sagani (1). With Interrupting Blows you can have up to 111 interrupt, while the highest concentration in the game is, I believe, 123.

Next, you have to attack fast enough (ie less than your interrupting time). This can be achieved reducing first your attack recovery to 0%  using dual wielding  durgan enchanted Vile Loner, Gauntlets of Swiftness, Two Weapon Style and Frenzy, while wearing something with 0% recovery (cloth or durgan enchanted robes). 21 dex should be enough to lower your swing speed under 1s.

The last step is to make sure you hit with every attack... With your perception and the new bonuses from survival you shouldn't have difficulties hiting any enemy.

PS. I don't know if grazes halve the interrupting time - if that's the case you might need to add a paladin to assist you and increase your accuracy until you eliminate all the grazes...

PS2. Mosquito isn't better because in the end it requires the same dex as the other weapons if you want to go under .75s attack swing.

If you combine the Vile Loner's Lance with a stunning & vicious Cladhaliath you don't need to hit superfast because the stunning lasts a bit longer. It also works well together with the -5 of the Lance.

You can use a chanter as partner who wields that new Poleaxe that causes -30 concentration in an AoE and who has that low level concentration debuff chant on.

Threatening Presence/Sickened lowers RES by 1, meaning a little passive debuff for enemies' concentration - and also Barbaric Yell/Frightened lowers RES by 2 - even less concentration for the enemy. Barbaric Shout works even better with -4 RES, but it's per rest. Another way would be Miasma of Dull Mindedness: -6 RES. Maybe there are other means of lowering concentration in an AoE that I forgot. But a barb plus a chanter and the (per encounter-) abilites and items I mentioned should be the most easiest way to create a build that interrupts a lot in an AoE without too much fuzz/micro/casting.

edit: some numbers:

If you have a "no-fuzz-score" of 24 PER (orlan + White that Wends + Lilith's Shawl) and Interrupting Blows you will have 57 Interrupt.

You can lower concentration in an AoE (without per rest spells/abilities) by 10(chant) + 30(Zephyr aura from poleaxe) + 3(Sickened) + 6(Barb Yell) = 49 concentration debuff.

You will cause an interrupt if: rollDie(1-100) + Interrupt - Concentration >= 51.

Enemies with lower concentration than 57 should be interrupted 100%. Most enemies don't have that. 

Edited by Boeroer

You interrupt if your interruption+roll(100)> enemies concentration. Concentration has a base of 75, while for interruption is 0. If your perception is equal to their resolve you have 25% chance to interrupt them. 

PS. Found the Mantle of the Excavator which gives +4perception. - that means up to 43per and with the Threatening Presence you can have 100% interruption chance passively vs up to 24 Resolve

Yeah well - got that from the wiki and it's totally wrong of course. :(

So lets assume our PER and enemy'S RES are at 10:

With Interrupting Blows it will be roll(1,100) + 15 against 75 - so a 40% chance to interrupt?

If I now lower Concentration (via direct debuff) by 40 as said above - would that lead to a chance of 80%. That would be great. On top of that you can still pump your PER and lower the RES of the enemy. If the difference is more than 6 points you will have a 100% chance, or not? Bit confused here... So with the chant, the per-encounter abilities and the Poleaxe you wouldn't need to use spells and stuff to raise your PER that much. you will have 25 PER with that Mantle and without spells and stuff and the enemy will suffer from -3 RES. If he has 22 RES or less he will be interrupted all the time - right? Please tell me I'm right... ;)

However - I don't calculate any numbers most of the time when trying to approve a build idea - i just use the console to put everything together and then I try it out. Can't wait to try this out. :)

Edited by Boeroer

You interrupt if your interruption+roll(100)> enemies concentration. Concentration has a base of 75, while for interruption is 0. If your perception is equal to their resolve you have 25% chance to interrupt them. 

PS. Found the Mantle of the Excavator which gives +4perception. - that means up to 43per and with the Threatening Presence you can have 100% interruption chance passively vs up to 24 Resolve

Where does this mantle you speak of drop?

Yes, once your interrupt becomes equal to their concentration you have 100% chance to interrupt. The disadvantage with the debuffs is they can be resisted and some monsters can even be immune to them. 

Of course. But since all three of those concentration debuffing effects are like auras that try to apply the effect over an over again it's not so bad.

Pumpin PER to the max is very powerful for interrupts - and you also get more ACC. I just don't like to build around something that you will have to apply over and over again manually or that are per rest. Those things come as bonus. ;)

I have 3 questions about interrupt:

- In order to interrupt you have to hit somebody while this somebody attacks with a weapon, casts a spell or reloads a weapon.

Nothing happens if the target does nothing, is already interrupted, moves or is in recovery time.

If you interrupt, the target stops whatever it is doing and cannot do anything for X sec interrupt time.

Is this correct?

- The wiki says, that you get +50 interrupt on a crit and -50 interrupt on a graze.

So if your default interrupt chance is 25%, it would be 0% on a graze and 75% on a crit.

Is this true or is the wike even more useless than I thought?

- Does the lengh of an interrupt depend on:

a) your intelligence?

b) if it is a graze/hit/crit?

I have not played for a long time and when I start again I want to use a dual wielding interrupt barbarian.