[3.0/WM2] Minor Grimoire Imprint no longer works on enemy mages

thelee

Question

This one was kind of a bummer, since I was really into this spell after it got fixed to actually function.

Basically,

1. Target enemy mage with Minor Grimoire Imprint.

2. Verify in combat log that enemy was hit. Verify in combat tooltip that enemy mage has "Minor Grimoire Imprint" debuff.

3. No spells to cast!

It still works on priests at least. I haven't had a chance to try it on a druid or other caster-types out in the wild (like the Menpwgras).

Dropbox link to a convenient save game/output log near an enemy mage ("Brigand Mage") with a mage with Minor Grimoire Imprint already in active grimoire: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc1pb7tv9fp8rk3/AABI6vLTugOUAv6G6lcSg2SPa?dl=0

7 answers to this question

There are a fair amount of enemies that this appears not to work on. Just rolled a crit against a skeleton mage. Nothing burger in Aloth's UI

post-1981-0-11412000-1458882513_thumb.jpg

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I wonder if this has ever been resolved, I tried on the Hertiage Hill skeleton mages, on the skeleton mages in defiance bay sewer, on feral druids in stormwall Gorge. I get the message saying I hit something with additional effects, but no extra spells to cast anywhere. Where should the "stolen spell" appear exactly?

I know Path of the damned add some more fodder enemies, does it even work on the extra mages it adds or only on the ones that are int he game on lower difficulties?

Edited by Bronsteijn

They appear in the Wizard's action bar (roughly the same spot where the per encounter spells are shown after spell mastery becomes a thing at level 9)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."