The whole menu goes pink after I installed White March 2

abaris

Question

Can't attach the screenshot I made, since it says, I'm not allowed to use that image extension. But after an extremely long loading period, I arrive at a loading screen where the normally woodlike menu is pink.

Thhe White March backdrop is there, but every clickable area of the menu is pink and I can't see the version number of my game nor the different options.

Anyone else has this? Any suggestions?

I was in the beta program on steam but I can't see how I could reroll to a previous version short of uninstalling the whole game.

4 answers to this question

It's no longer pink, but now I can't start a new game or load an existing one. It's stuck on the loading screen for minutes without anything happening. I attached links to the required files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fn8ga5x95nlp5n/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7bd3eo6udeap7k/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

If needed, here are my system specs:

AMD A8-6600K

Win 7 64

8 Gigs Ram

Geforce GTX 650ti, latest drivers clean install.

Last edit: Seems like steam did a terrible mashup with my game's data. I reinstalled it, repaired it and repaired it again. Second repair finally did the trick and it seems like I'm able to play again.

Thanks for your support.

Edited by abaris

I just uninstalled the whole game and redownload it right now. Maybe that solves the issue. For now I deactivated all DLCs, so that I start out with a fully patched game in it's vanilla state. Then I will try to reactivate them step by step.

Edited by abaris