[3.0] Cad Nua mob

Jotra

Question

6 answers to this question

I have experienced something similar since receiving the quest "The Battle of Yenwood Field".

I got news that my stronghold would be attacked in some days and as I was 'at home', I decided to defend the stronghold manually. After I defeated the attackers, there was suddenly this mob in front of the stronghold with Marshal Forwyn in front of them talking about "The Battle of Yenwood Field". As I had not finished the quest by then, I chose the conversation options to start the battle which I won. 

When I returned to my stronghold though, the mob and Marshal Forwyn were still there outside the stronghold and I still got the conversation option to start the battle. Out of curiosity I chose that option and again got the texts for "The Battle of Yenwood Field" though there were no more enemies on the battlefield after clicking through the texts.

I used a save with which I lost several ingame days of play time (and thus, the quest was no longer completed) and when I received the message again that my stronghold would be attacked, I chose the "defeat automatically" option. After successfully defending my stronghold this way, there was no mob and Marshal standing in front of the stronghold. The next time, I received news of incoming invaders, I had the same results: Defeating the enemies manually resulted in a mob standing in front of my stronghold whereas defeating the enemies automatically did not affect "The Battle of Yenwood Field" quest in any way. BTW I have not completed the quest by now.

I had this written up in its own thread, and then a bit of Deja Vu hit me and I searched the forums.  I guess I previously read about it.  Anyhow...

I already completed The Battle of Yenwood Field (see screenshot) a while back, but Lord Gathbin seems to be alive once again after I manually resolved the Cutthroat bandit issue at the Stronghold.  At least, that's what Marshal Forwyn seems to be telling me by reminding me about the army I need to deal with soon.  Also, there's a reappearance of the angry mob of farmers/merchants which Lord Gathbin seems to have recreated after I paid them off quite handsomely for their trouble some time ago.  However, I can't talk to the mob.

Here's the saved game before I began the fight with the bandits:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iymbihmr2lqbjps/82c73861fd2444259c74a291ec9de281%2015683415%20GreatHall.savegame?dl=0

If you manually resolve the bandit battle using this saved game, you'll see the crowd and marshal afterwards.  I've done it twice and it happened both times.

I also see you asked for a saved game before The Battle of Yenwood Field, so here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qix2hspsdwlcgv6/82c73861fd2444259c74a291ec9de281%2014271722%20CaedNua.savegame?dl=0

Hopefully my saved game hoarding has finally come in handy.  (Minor rant:  I do wish the saved games list loaded faster, though.  I have to move older files out of the game's directory so it doesn't take 3 minutes to bring the menu up.  This is on a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, to boot.)

post-49053-0-41830300-1456903488_thumb.jpg