I just have to log in and praise the game music! There are afternoons i have to study for school and i just log in the game walk with my crew to anslog's compass and let them chill on the beach while i listen to the track and the waves in the background. not many games that achieve that, just bought white march pt2 cant wait for the new tracks <3<3

regards,

Marinus

Edited by Marinus
  • Like 5

Thank you guys for the compliment.  Glad you like it.  For what it's worth sp3cw4r, Caed Nua is one of my least favorite tracks as well.  I like the beginning kinda (wish I could fix some things), I like the end, but the middle part makes me antsy for some reason.

• Like 8

Thank you guys for the compliment. Glad you like it. For what it's worth sp3cw4r, Caed Nua is one of my least favorite tracks as well. I like the beginning kinda (wish I could fix some things), I like the end, but the middle part makes me antsy for some reason.

So I'm not the only one who gets annoyed at their own music! I feel somewhat relieved by this! Ps: I love your PoE soundtrack as a whole: it's just so evocative!

• Like 2

Thank you guys for the compliment.  Glad you like it.  For what it's worth sp3cw4r, Caed Nua is one of my least favorite tracks as well.  I like the beginning kinda (wish I could fix some things), I like the end, but the middle part makes me antsy for some reason.

Was that track inspired a bit by the shire music from lord of the rings?  that middle bit youre talking about reminds me of it

• Like 1

My favourite track so far has been the theme for Russetwood.

I really like how that one came out too.

Thank you guys for the compliment. Glad you like it. For what it's worth sp3cw4r, Caed Nua is one of my least favorite tracks as well. I like the beginning kinda (wish I could fix some things), I like the end, but the middle part makes me antsy for some reason.

So I'm not the only one who gets annoyed at their own music! I feel somewhat relieved by this! Ps: I love your PoE soundtrack as a whole: it's just so evocative!

Thank you!

Was that track inspired a bit by the shire music from lord of the rings?  that middle bit youre talking about reminds me of it

Yes, it definitely was inspired by the shire, though it was a total accident.  I was sketching the music and it sort of came out on it's own.  When I orchestrated it, it sounded so close to the shire that I thought it ripped it off so I listened to them back to back.  They're definitely cut from the same cloth but the minutiae are different.

I've noticed a lot of the tracks aren't in the soundtrack download, any particular reason?  Some great tracks too..

Also, maybe that's the reason youre not keen on that section in the caed nua track, because it sounds so much like the shire :p..  Its only around 30 seconds of it though I think

There are some that I figured some folks wouldn't be interested in.  The Thaos theme is one example (the one with the cello).

As soon as I heard the original score prior to PoE vanilla release, it inspired me to pull the trigger on some very pricey cans and a dedicated amp and dac just for the purpose of the audio candy that is the Pillars score. Don't regret my purchase for a second. Well done Justin & the Audio crew!

• Like 2

I have to admit If music wasnt damn captivating I would be really bored running in biutiful but empty streets.

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

I've noticed a lot of the tracks aren't in the soundtrack download, any particular reason?  Some great tracks too..

Also, maybe that's the reason youre not keen on that section in the caed nua track, because it sounds so much like the shire :p..  Its only around 30 seconds of it though I think

There are some that I figured some folks wouldn't be interested in.  The Thaos theme is one example (the one with the cello).

Oh, but that one is great:)

Yeah, I do this too. I think it's part of any artistic trade.

I still think the score is my favorite part of PoE. It's perfect. It is everything it needs to be (as an IE spiritual successor score). Yet unique, fitting to Eora, and so on. It's masterfully done. Kudos Mr.Bell.

• Like 1

Listening Justin music while playing PoE is great. I remember the first time I played Baldur's Gate listening themusic intro.

Music in PoE and IE games is essential, and I think Justin has done a beautiful work.

I think I could play "the Black Hound" theme with my guitar. Hey Justin, could you share with us the partiture of "The Black Hound"? :dancing:

Speaking of which, the boss battle theme is particularly amazing. I've been trying to find it somewhere, but have been unable to..

I loved pretty much every track in the original game's soundtrack, and I was taken by surprise by the fact that The White March seems to be even better. I love the boss battle theme, and generally every track just fits the game so damn well.

In general, I'm amazed by how the music is so in keeping with the nature of the game; what I mean is, it reminds me of Baldur's Gate and those games, but not like it's recycling the same stuff or anything. It's clearly fresh and original, but it feels like those old games just like Pillars of Eternity itself does. And besides, not a lot of games these days seem to have music that contributes this much into the general experience.

The whole soundtrack is great, and I think "Defiance Bay" is completely on par with "Waukeen's Promenade" from BG2, although that one is much shorter.

If I may suggest something for the future Justin - please let's have a separate theme for battles against dragons, that doesn't play in other circumstances, like BG2 has. :)

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

The whole soundtrack is great, and I think "Defiance Bay" is completely on par with "Waukeen's Promenade" from BG2, although that one is much shorter.

If I may suggest something for the future Justin - please let's have a separate theme for battles against dragons, that doesn't play in other circumstances, like BG2 has. :)

Who knows what the future will bring?

BTW, completely off topic (sorry) but I've put more hours into Destiny than any other game I've ever played in 30 years of gaming...  Something like 350 hours?  Love that game, hate it's RNG and grindy end game.   This song gets lots of flack but I think it's pretty good!  

Ok back to the topic at hand.  To be frank, I have lots of regrets about the way combat music was handled.  But we did the best we could in the amount of time we had.  If I ever get the chance for a do-over, you can bet there will be a fresh approach.  

• Like 4

Chiming in to show some love for Justin. PoE's soundtrack is indeed very atmospheric and evocative. I love it as a whole :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus